Retiring Soon - open speculation

12 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

So in theory the chopping block should be....

fossils

treehouse

friends CP

ISS

Or they could just re retire Saturn v & pop up book 😂

In general it's a two year run.  No guarantee obviously nowadays, but it you are targeting something then plan accordingly.

16 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

for sure, thanks. I wasnt so clear

I just meant that sometimes on Target Ive seen it say "not avail for shipping" and then an hour later its back to available.

Hopefully this is the last hurrah from Target, Im pretty deep in this set.

I see these going for solid $60 on ebay...that should be the floor once the retirement sticks...not bad if folks got in at $20.

image.png.2cfa885e9f04b23ea6852882f5d98ec6.png

Been like this for a full day now. Cautiously optimistic that its gone at this point from Target.

Had a guy thats been selling it to me for 26$. Couldn't figure out how he was selling so cheap.

First thought it was counterfeit then thought he was reopening and resealing.

Turned out he was buying from target and then price matching to Gamestop at 14$ or so.

Seems like Gamestop has helped many make money of late...

37 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Been like this for a full day now. Cautiously optimistic that its gone at this point from Target.

Had a guy thats been selling it to me for 26$. Couldn't figure out how he was selling so cheap.

Turned out he was buying from target and then price matching to Gamestop at 14$ or so.

Target PM policy doesn't PM the oos item, so he must be lucky came across a don't care employee ...

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

At 150+ he must know someone in the inside.  (C'mon Man!)

The stores also limit the number of PM per customer per day

Not so sure because

1) he offered to show me order #'s

2) he had the shipping boxes with the order #'s on them for Target.

He said he does not work and can spend all day with it. HUCA does work but yes it is astonishing the scale he pulled off.

If it were inside job i dont think employer discount could make sense. 

And he wasnt able to get me any other set, only this one.

On 1/27/2021 at 6:55 PM, Bricklectic said:

Not so sure because

1) he offered to show me order #'s

2) he had the shipping boxes with the order #'s on them for Target.

He said he does not work and can spend all day with it. HUCA does work but yes it is astonishing the scale he pulled off.

If it were inside job i dont think employer discount could make sense. 

And he wasnt able to get me any other set, only this one.

Just reading through this and I admit, this is puzzling how he was able to do it.  There is no way "an employee" at Target allowed the same person to do this over-and-over unless that "inside person" is in on it and they're splitting profits (as @Darth_Raichu said).

The other thought I had was he is creating counterfeit shipping labels and receipts and the items are actually stolen.  Like he grabbed an entire palate of this one set.  Why else would he only be able to do it with the one set?

And if you've bought 150 from him, who else has been buying from him?  How many does he have on hand?

You know the age-old adage; "If it is too good to be true, it most likely is."  I hope everything goes well with you.

11 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Just reading through this and I admit, this is puzzling how he was able to do it.  There is no way "an employee" at Target allowed the same person to do this over-and-over unless that "inside person" is in on it and they're splitting profits (as @Darth_Raichu said).

The other thought I had was he is creating counterfeit shipping labels and receipts and the items are actually stolen.  Like he grabbed an entire palate of this one set.  Why else would he only be able to do it with the one set?

And if you've bought 150 from him, who else has been buying from him?  How many does he have on hand?

You know the age-old adage; "If it is too good to be true, it most likely is."  I hope everything goes well with you.

He got them in over time like over a month. 40-50 at a time. And he tons of target boxes so it looked legit. even though it sounds crazy my best guess is he ordered 1 at a time and PM'd them over a long time, doing 10 a day gets you 50 a week. Not so crazy for someone without a job. I bought all that he had available. He also had a few beauxbatons carriages. 

I sacrificed one to open. Looks legit inside. Not sure what else could make sense.

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

He got them in over time like over a month. 40-50 at a time. And he tons of target boxes so it looked legit. even though it sounds crazy my best guess is he ordered 1 at a time and PM'd them over a long time, doing 10 a day gets you 50 a week. Not so crazy for someone without a job. I bought all that he had available. He also had a few beauxbatons carriages. 

I sacrificed one to open. Looks legit inside. Not sure what else could make sense.

PM-ing 50 items a week should put him in some kind of naughty / banned list at Target.  Either he has inside help or he used to work there and figured out how to do it without getting banned

On 1/27/2021 at 5:04 PM, Bricklectic said:

I believe I know the guy you are buying from. I have also bought from him and the products seem to be authentic. I bought a bunch of Hogwarts Express, Quidditch, and Carriage from him. He said he can only get a few HP sets, which does line up with the Target/Gamestop PM story. I also saw the amount of target boxes on his curb. How he is doing this without getting banned is another question...