Retiring Soon - open speculation

5 hours ago, gmpirate said:

End of year, plenty of time but would take advantage of whatever discounts/promo happen along the way.  Official lists are nice, but they aren't everything . . .

My understanding is that is is going sooner than this. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks. 

On 2/19/2021 at 4:25 AM, Goblin said:

My understanding is that is is going sooner than this. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks. 

I've not seen anything on any list so far about this set, pure speculation up to this point. There are lots of YouTube vids coming out with speculation on sets to retire this year but some vids are way off. I hope this set goes soon as holding these.

6 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

I've not seen anything on any list so far about this set, pure speculation up to this point. There are lots of YouTube vids coming out with speculation on sets to retire this year but some vids are way off. I hope this set goes soon as holding these.

think its 100% done in dec. you just cant get quntites of this over here.

Edited by joneyyy1981

3 hours ago, Secret Squirrel said:

There is no list for Ideas sets. Speak to JLP and Operator A will tell you it's being delisted. Speak another day and Operator B will give you a different message. 

No-one knows but keep an eye on JLP page over the coming weeks.

26 minutes ago, Brad W said:

lol briick economy

even ***briiickeconomy********** gives fossils only an 81.9% chance (lol) of retiring early to mid 2021 and is not including it on its list of sets retiring soon.  i have a decent# and would love to see this set have a quick surprise departure.  the only shop at home store oos of this set at the moment is great britain - even australia has it in stock - they usually are the retirement predictor for me.  australia has end battle SOLD OUT now for almost a month so go figure - not on any list and available everywhere else in world.  unless u have reliable insider information, these are all just educated guesses based on stock outages at retailers, reordering availability from shop at home, what i heard from lego store employee.  reliable insider information is hard to come by these days.  i hope ur right and it does go in next few weeks - its a great set and is going to do well.  i just think the information so far is not very supportive.

8 minutes ago, redcell said:

It ain't going in a month.

** this type of direct confidence indicates insider information **

Edited by cladner

55 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Can’t help but think it’s Assembly Square’s year to go. And boy is it a hard one to find out in the wild. 

Every time I go to the lego store they have multiples on the shelf. Not sure what other major US retailer carries this out in the wild? 

481533D9-8203-448C-8B37-775FA7C18793.png

Edited by Pseudoty

2 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Can’t help but think it’s Assembly Square’s year to go. And boy is it a hard one to find out in the wild. 

i don't wth you're talking about - amazon.com has assembly square in stock and with prime shipping too. lol - capitalism at its finest.

image.png.f09973e50f2be8bd3bd50dff64f2f2f8.png

lemon squeezing GIF

Edited by cladner

30 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It is called blind brand loyalty.  Amazon knows it and frankly why we love selling on that platform :drag:

the part about amazon.com - the retailer not the website - selling a $280 msrp lego set for $492 is blind brand loyalty?  i am sure there are many endusers p'd off about that.  i wonder how many comments amazon.com has taken down from people biyatching about them  price gouging selling this set for so much.     more like this is what happens when everyone and their brother has a youtube channel or lego investing website xxx and expanding reseller base  are buying up all of amazon's regular retail stock so this is the price they came up with where reseller scum won't bite and really rich people will still buy.  $492 is slightly better than what i was getting in April last year during the height of the lockdown.  already holding a decent number of ass square, i do love it when msrp is  the new 43% off. 

Edited by cladner

28 minutes ago, cladner said:

the part about amazon.com - the retailer not the website - selling a $280 msrp lego set for $492 is blind brand loyalty?  i am sure there are many endusers p'd off about that.  i wonder how many comments amazon.com has taken down from people biyatching about them  price gouging selling this set for so much.     more like this is what happens when everyone and their brother has a youtube channel or lego investing website xxx and expanding reseller base  are buying up all of amazon's regular retail stock so this is the price they came up with where reseller scum won't bite and really rich people will still buy.  $492 is slightly better than what i was getting in April last year during the height of the lockdown.  already holding a decent number of ass square, i do love it when msrp is  the new 43% off. 

Amazon.com knows their MVP customers will buy whatever craps for whatever price as long as they are sold by Amazon, hence blind brand loyalty

If Amazon wants to play the 3PS games it should get the complaints too, fair is fair :D

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Every time I go to the lego store they have multiples on the shelf. Not sure what other major US retailer carries this out in the wild? 

Want to do an old friend a solid and send a few of those my way?  And, by "old friend," I mean a stranger from the internet.  My nearest Lego store hasn't caught a whiff of one of those since early January.