Retiring Soon - open speculation

where is everyone, place is like a ghost town?

anyway see an interesting convo on twitter regaurding the razor quest. anyone think this could be retiring? its not available from anywhere in the uk other than lego directly, constantly sold out, strange how argos the only other seller have confirmed they no longer sell.

@LEGO_Group what’s happening with the razer crest set? It’s been removed from @Argos_Online and is out of stock nearly everywhere else? I noticed you have it on back order on you web store but after that is it retired? Like is this the last chance for me to get it?

This set has been incredibly popular since its release.  We aren't able to give a date when this set will no longer be available, but it is currently on back order for shipping from 9 March in the UK (lego)

Hi Alastair, I am sorry as this has been taken off our site we will not be receiving more stock.  (Argos)

On 2/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, joneyyy1981 said:

where is everyone, place is like a ghost town?

anyway see an interesting convo on twitter regaurding the razor quest. anyone think this could be retiring? its not available from anywhere in the uk other than lego directly, constantly sold out, strange how argos the only other seller have confirmed they no longer sell.

@LEGO_Group what’s happening with the razer crest set? It’s been removed from @Argos_Online and is out of stock nearly everywhere else? I noticed you have it on back order on you web store but after that is it retired? Like is this the last chance for me to get it?

This set has been incredibly popular since its release.  We aren't able to give a date when this set will no longer be available, but it is currently on back order for shipping from 9 March in the UK (lego)

Hi Alastair, I am sorry as this has been taken off our site we will not be receiving more stock.  (Argos)

Hard limits at SAH are making getting razor crest alot harder than I thought it would be. Usually the limits reset once lego changes the max allowed for a set, but for alot of the hot potatoes like razor crest/ Gingerbread house, they have been at limit one since before xmas. Doubt they will ease up for another few months as they mist still be struggling with manufacturing such a wide inventory of themese / sets nowadays.

8 hours ago, Voltron said:

Hard limits at SAH are making getting razor crest alot harder than I thought it would be. Usually the limits reset once lego changes the max allowed for a set, but for alot of the hot potatoes like razor crest/ Gingerbread house, they have been at limit one since before xmas. Doubt they will ease up for another few months as they mist still be struggling with manufacturing such a wide inventory of themese / sets nowadays.

In the UK John Lewis has had the Gingerbread house available for a while now with limit 5 which is worrying me a little. Do you think that will depress the price in Q4?

12 hours ago, Voltron said:

the sqeeze is well and truely on in the uk.

14 hours ago, Voltron said:

Razor crests are not impossible to find on the various amazon's. But I think there are folks buying with bots stocks were out in minutes a few months back. I've having more trouble securing gingerbread houses. 

In the UK John Lewis has had the Gingerbread house available for a while now with limit 5 which is worrying me a little. Do you think that will depress the price in Q4?

Here in the US it’s near impossible to find. As soon as in stock alert hit they’re gone within seconds.
Could be time of year, no one thinking about GB houses or Christmas/winter themes now. I’m buying all I can of these when they can be found.

On 2/28/2021 at 10:12 AM, Emvisawthatswho said:

Here in the US it’s near impossible to find. As soon as in stock alert hit they’re gone within seconds.
Could be time of year, no one thinking about GB houses or Christmas/winter themes now. I’m buying all I can of these when they can be found.

GB houses that were on back order from SAH just got fulfilled this week (in the US). Not sure what that means for supply long-term though. 

24 minutes ago, Lego Benito said:

So, is the Ginger House expected to go soon? It's been on my wishlist for ages but just haveng gotten around to buying it yet. So much LEGO.

Likely to go this year, don't wait on it. The Gingerbread House has been pretty hard to obtain for a while with a limit of 1/2 at SAH and not easy to find in the wild.

26 minutes ago, coelian said:

Likely to go this year, don't wait on it. The Gingerbread House has been pretty hard to obtain for a while with a limit of 1/2 at SAH and not easy to find in the wild.

Getting it in the uk though has been quite easy, john lewis always has them in stock at 5 limit. I'm going to say that this popular set will run until the end of 2022 but we will wait and see.

1 minute ago, raulaco said:

Getting it in the uk though has been quite easy, john lewis always has them in stock at 5 limit. I'm going to say that this popular set will run until the end of 2022 but we will wait and see.

It's possible that winter sets have longer than 2 year runs, but I think given that both Gingerbread House and Elf House are both popular maybe lego will just do FIFO. The Winter Train Station went out before the Winter Train and it seems they don't keep 3 sets in production normally. Anyways if you can get discounted sets no harm buying a few and try to sell them for above RRP whilst slowly stocking up. You really don't want to wait until Q4 to start trying to buy the Gingerbread Houses.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coelian said:

It's possible that winter sets have longer than 2 year runs, but I think given that both Gingerbread House and Elf House are both popular maybe lego will just do FIFO. The Winter Train Station went out before the Winter Train and it seems they don't keep 3 sets in production normally. Anyways if you can get discounted sets no harm buying a few and try to sell them for above RRP whilst slowly stocking up. You really don't want to wait until Q4 to start trying to buy the Gingerbread Houses.

Good advise. I'm personally unsure though how popular the elf house is, it seemed to take a long time in the uk to sell out at christmas and the secondary market never really took off with it. I do love the Gingerbread house though and if it does happen to disappear this year it will have huge potential to do well. I reckon there will be so many good sets leaving us this year, it's going to be hard to pick and choose which to go with. :)

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Sozial said:

and why is that? Because you have a stockpile at home?

yes. me having some at home makes lego retire stuff.

plainly becasue its been out 40+ months come december & is the longest running landmark series set by a mile.

the reason i put BUT is its a huge US landmark & might hand around longer like the london, new york skylines etc...

just my thinking.

• Haha 1