Retiring Soon - open speculation

36 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

There is no 'too early', I think most people don't understand: Every set gets a date when it releases. They may or may not change that date to an earlier or later date. You can technically say when a set retires right when it comes out. If you have the information from LEGO, obviously. 

I need that info lol. 

In a related matter, what on earth is going on with dinosaur fossils. No update from John Lewis but it hasn't been back for ages. 

looks like stonewars updating EOL list too...

This time the promotion only runs for a little over a week . It starts on Monday, April 12th and will be until April 20th, 2021 valid . Despite its rather short duration, the period should be sufficient for many fans to the most coveted new exclusive D2C sets or possibly sets from the LEGO EOL list buy (which we will expand shortly).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joneyyy1981 said:

its not early if its 90% correct

90% corrrect isn't bad. But is it enough? You can get more certainty if you at which sets have been extended by a year. For example, one of the oldest sets (New York) has been extended by a year to 31.12.22.  I'll give you 99% it won't be reversed back to 2021. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Goblin said:

90% corrrect isn't bad. But is it enough? You can get more certainty if you at which sets have been extended by a year. For example, one of the oldest sets (New York) has been extended by a year to 31.12.22.  I'll give you 99% it won't be reversed back to 2021. 

What about London? I fear I might read the same answer from you.🤮

7 hours ago, Sozial said:

Yes that I know, but I want to know if you have any insight that EOL is 31.12.22.

I admire your persistence! Correct, also extended as far as I know. But please don't just take my word for it. Ask around. Maybe Promobricks or Brick Fanatics will cover Architecture soon. 😀 

7 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

My hunch is that Trafalgar Square will be first to go this year. Mr. Goblin - care to chime in one more time? :) 

My chimes need to be silent I'm afraid. I'll comment as and when stuff is leaked by others. Besides, as I mentioned, April is really too early to give any certainties. 

4 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

this set is 1 massive ball ache.

I assume it will be back. John Lewis haven't marked it as unlikely to receive anymore so I'm guessing we will see it appear again. 

Tbh I know it's not retired but I would of expected it to climb more on eBay due to the shortages. 

6 hours ago, raulaco said:

I assume it will be back. John Lewis haven't marked it as unlikely to receive anymore so I'm guessing we will see it appear again. 

Tbh I know it's not retired but I would of expected it to climb more on eBay due to the shortages. 

SaH restock within the next 14 days. 

7 hours ago, redcell said:

TLG appears to be getting its supply chain issues fully worked out so I would expect to see at least a few healthy restocks before the end of 2021.

Judging on how many days now that LEGO Shop at Home has been taking backorders for Diagon Alley, I'd have to agree and would say that things are going to be loosening up.  Great for buyers, terrible for sellers.

Edited by raindog

1 hour ago, joneyyy1981 said:

interesting that brickfanatics has yet another artice about retiring sets.

2 caught my eye....

21046 Empire State Building – December

75936 Jurassic Park T.Rex Rampage – December

Empire state before liberty? Damn. It's been hard to find t Rex's for a discount but I would like a few.