Retiring Soon - open speculation

These youtubers... selling "advice"

It's clearly more profitable than churning out the hours and risks on flipping Lego sets...

Selling speculative rumours... easier money... and so many subscribers fall for it...

They all say the same stuff. Take a mortgage on your home, max out 3 credit cards (rolling different dates) and go buy legos on a discount. You'll be rich!! Double your money!! Every year!!! Look at Camel Camel Camel!!!! Check out Amazon prices for retired sets from 5 years ago!  EZ!!!

Please like and subscribe - become a parton - (+100$ thanks you) - free goodie!

Be smart and do your own work - read, think... don't duplicate the nonsense of a Youtuber who's making money pushing BS content in your face.

Ohh yeah... that's boring... right...

GOGO on the Mandalorean with Child

GOGO

all in...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ZULU said:

It's clearly more profitable than churning out the hours and risks on flipping Lego sets...

Selling speculative rumours... easier money... and so many subscribers fall for it...

They all say the same stuff. Take a mortgage on your home, max out 3 credit cards (rolling different dates) and go buy legos on a discount. You'll be rich!! Double your money!! Every year!!! Look at Camel Camel Camel!!!! Check out Amazon prices for retired sets from 5 years ago!  EZ!!!

Be smart and do your own work - read, think... don't duplicate the nonsense of a Youtuber who's making money pushing BS content in your face.

GOGO

all in...

what...

16 hours ago, ZULU said:

GOGO

all in...

reminds me of trading 'gurus' that runs courses, if you are so good at day trading you would have made way more money than running classes.... but there are plenty that fall for it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, coelian said:

reminds me of trading 'gurus' that runs courses, if you are so good at day trading you would have made way more money than running classes.... but there are plenty that fall for it.

As a retired Amazon seller, I had the exact same impression.  Middling and New Guy on the Block selling themselves as the best thing at Amazon.  Cherry-picking their "results" that they show and sucking in the new (and some not-quite-so-new) guys into paying money to learn info that a few hours reading books, posts, etc would teach them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Goblin said:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/every-lego-creator-expert-set-retiring-in-2021/

Too early surely to know exit dates. "According to our sources..." 

i dunno, its only a few months out europe wise, london bus is a huge problem for me as i have none & think it will do very well in the uk.

problem is is do these blogs ie stone wars, promobricks brickfanatic really have inside info?

last years lists was pretty spot on.

32 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

i dunno, its only a few months out europe wise, london bus is a huge problem for me as i have none & think it will do very well in the uk.

problem is is do these blogs ie stone wars, promobricks brickfanatic really have inside info?

last years lists was pretty spot on.

in the US lego.com just went out as well. Target last retailer with stock. My walmart orders all drop shipped from lego. My total speculative theory is that that is a good sign. Perhaps Lego is getting rid of last bunch and offloaded them through amazon. At least in the US its gotta be the least popular vehicle in the line up by far judging by reviews and amz sales rank. Im confident its on its last legs.

PRombricks Stonewars were very accurate last year. I recall fanatics not being so accurate but just a hazy memory, didnt cross check so feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Edited by Bricklectic

1 hour ago, Banjoman said:

Curious as to everyone thoughts on the Mario starter sets....  Will these EVER go or are the a necessity to keep pumping out the other sets?

I'm guessing as long as they keep making booster sets, the start set will be available.

43 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Guess I made another mistake loading up on HP. Only upside is that I bought during hagrid BrickHeadz and book of monster promo, both of which still performing very well in UK.

Time to decide best method to dump excess HP.

1 hour ago, joneyyy1981 said:

I understand that TLG is very unpredictable and makes crazy steps. But I still believe that there should be some logic.

Great Hall - I can understand the last year decision to postpone the EOL to 2021, because it is a basic piece of the serie of buildings and should be on shelves with other buildings - but why to retire it in the middle of 2021, another part - Whomping Willow - in the end of 2021, Clock tower in 2022 and Astronomy tower in 2023? no sense. I would retire it all together in the end of 2021 or 2022.

Hogwarts Express - the one of the oldiest sets - and retirement in 2022, after 4 years? Too long life... I would expect long life only for building sets, to allow children to collect the whole castle. 

71043 - can imagine to keep it to another year. But we have 2 giant sets together now. So one should go sooner than later....

Diagon Alley - logically it should retire together with the last wave of standard sets. Why to keep just 1 HP sets for another year?

15 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

I understand that TLG is very unpredictable and makes crazy steps. But I still believe that there should be some logic.

Great Hall - I can understand the last year decision to postpone the EOL to 2021, because it is a basic piece of the serie of buildings and should be on shelves with other buildings - but why to retire it in the middle of 2021, another part - Whomping Willow - in the end of 2021, Clock tower in 2022 and Astronomy tower in 2023? no sense. I would retire it all together in the end of 2021 or 2022.

Hogwarts Express - the one of the oldiest sets - and retirement in 2022, after 4 years? Too long life... I would expect long life only for building sets, to allow children to collect the whole castle. 

71043 - can imagine to keep it to another year. But we have 2 giant sets together now. So one should go sooner than later....

Diagon Alley - logically it should retire together with the last wave of standard sets. Why to keep just 1 HP sets for another year?

yes, there's got to be logic involved...but not the kind you are using.

Let's look at it from an accountant's perspective:

• A = Cost of ongoing production of existing set
  • B = Cost of releasing new set (Manuals & Box Art, Marketing)
  • C = Cost of licensing agreement 
  • D = Cost of R&D new sets

I would speculate that C > A, B, or D

Also That D is sunk costs

Also I would guess that C is based on a duration and not number of sets produced

There are other forces at work, ie LEGO cannot have 90% of their sets be HP...some semblance of selection must exist.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sozial said:

was thinking the same. Will check tomorrow about seller rank to see if there is some logic about it.

Indeed seller rank is a little bit higher on those two sets, but I would not bank on it. I hope knight bus 2021 as well, if not 😰

On 4/7/2021 at 5:48 PM, Goblin said:

Too early surely to know exit dates. "According to our sources..." 

There is no 'too early', I think most people don't understand: Every set gets a date when it releases. They may or may not change that date to an earlier or later date. You can technically say when a set retires right when it comes out. If you have the information from LEGO, obviously. 

• Like 3