Retiring Soon - open speculation

49 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Not really. They don't really know. 

Lukas was the only one who publicly reported the delay so his opinion has value IMO.

35 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Tag gone again. Even if there was a tag... official date is still 31 Dec 2021.

I wonder if an intern got mixed up with 41164

image.png.4a2ef52ad2ffb2e24c860fe80f53a88f.png

image.png

Edited by Bricklectic

On 7/18/2020 at 5:20 AM, coelian said:

There are coincidentally the two sets I think with the most potential in the line. From time to time there are good discounts as well. 

I've also noticed that some of the creator shuttles do OK after retirement. 

Was it ever figured out if 60226 is retiring?  It was oddly the only Space set not listed.

Can someone please tell me what is going on with the UCS Star Destroyer and the new UCS MF?  

They have been "unavailable" at Lego.com for months now.  They aren't EOL or going EOL any time soon are they?  

Is that simply a function of Lego not having produced enough to meet demand? I've heard that the sets are available in Lego stores.  I don't have a store near me and am rarely in one, so I don't really know the atmosphere at a store these days.

How are people buying these sets at the moment?   

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Can someone please tell me what is going on with the UCS Star Destroyer and the new UCS MF?  

They have been "unavailable" at Lego.com for months now.  They aren't EOL or going EOL any time soon are they?  

Is that simply a function of Lego not having produced enough to meet demand? I've heard that the sets are available in Lego stores.  I don't have a store near me and am rarely in one, so I don't really know the atmosphere at a store these days.

I have two LEGO stores in my vicinity and both are stocked with both sets. Could be that LEGO is prioritizing other sets online at the moment.

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

what's going on is lego doesn't want to give out double vip and promos on these dinosaurs and is supplying them to target walmart and amazon who all have these in stock now.  they have made enough to meet demand.  they don't want to give out double vip and promos and then pay extra to ship these dinosaurs all over the country when UPS and fedex are jacking the prices up for holiday surge demand.  pretty dang smart business decision actually.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I was told months ago that LEGO was behind in production due to Mexico plant being down.  Therefore, they were focusing on new product to get ready for the Christmas season.  So if you're seeing anything OOS for months, it is most likely not going away.  Of course, LEGO is really the only one who knows and can change their mind at any moment.  However, the explanation I received was completely reasonable to me.

@$20 on joe vs dan All the plebs will be looking around confused. All the behemoths with Lego connections will be rolling around in their piles of hidden retirement sets.

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

pretty sure after Holidays...we will all be looking around wondering..."what just happened?

I am guessing that unreported retirements will be evident for many many sets

1 minute ago, landphieran said:

@$20 on joe vs dan All the plebs will be looking around confused. All the behemoths with Lego connections will be rolling around in their piles of hidden retirement sets.

it's not that hard to figure out...any set that hit 30%+ or more and has been around "awhile" will likely disappear. My wife is amazed at the reverse logic...sets with the biggest sale prices hit retirement and appreciate the fastest....but can be explained by the simple principle of major retailers needing to clear "old" stock for the new stuff.

11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

it's not that hard to figure out...any set that hit 30%+ or more and has been around "awhile" will likely disappear. My wife is amazed at the reverse logic...sets with the biggest sale prices hit retirement and appreciate the fastest....but can be explained by the simple principle of major retailers needing to clear "old" stock for the new stuff.

Do you have an example of a set that was discounted 30% off and more that wasn't on the retiring list? I feel like I was bit behind this year on identifying decent targets. There are only a few sets I'd personally be very upset about going early thats not on the list.

4 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Do you have an example of a set that was discounted 30% off and more that wasn't on the retiring list? I feel like I was bit behind this year on identifying decent targets. There are only a few sets I'd personally be very upset about going early thats not on the list.

Great hall was clearanced at 40% and supposedly is sticking around a bit. However, see what I posted earlier from Walmart which indicates it is gone forevermore.