Retiring Soon - open speculation

5 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Year and part count is 1969.  However, in the LEGO video the creators admitted the part count was merely coincidental as it was originally 1968 pieces.  But when they added the brick separator, which was the plan - 1969 pieces.  

Dammit, I don't know what is wrong with me, I knew that.  I was BORN in 1961 and actually witnessed the LAUNCH in 1969.  You know how it is with us old farts, we get confused so easily.  I heard the interview about the brick separator.  I don't know if I am buying that "coincidence."  Of course, no LEGO employee has ever looked straight into a camera and lied.  ;)

5 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I should probably get me one in a DHL garbage bag for that price. Whats the code to get it there? 

I keep hearing about the DHL bag.  I just placed my 27th order with Zavvi.  I've ordered as big as the Disney Castle and as small as Dom's Charger.  I've yet to receive a set that wasn't boxed.  A shipping thing that *does* irritated me about Zavvi is them creating boxes out of two box halves.  Their homemade boxes doesn't have near the structural strength of a solid box.  but so far, I've been lucky.  I received my first crushed set last week, a very crushed Cement Mixer.  Otherwise, many, many sets in perfect shape.

5 hours ago, raindog said:

I keep hearing about the DHL bag.  I just placed my 27th order with Zavvi.  I've ordered as big as the Disney Castle and as small as Dom's Charger.  I've yet to receive a set that wasn't boxed.  A shipping thing that *does* irritated me about Zavvi is them creating boxes out of two box halves.  Their homemade boxes doesn't have near the structural strength of a solid box.  but so far, I've been lucky.  I received my first crushed set last week, a very crushed Cement Mixer.  Otherwise, many, many sets in perfect shape.

I only kid. I’ve placed exactly one order from Zavvi when they had a sweet deal on the liebherr excavator. It came in its brown LEGO shipper. Just a few minor dings. I’d give them another shot if they ran something I was interested in. My only caution is the complaints I see about contacting customer service for a resolution.  I can quickly contact Amazon, Target or Wally World with a problem. And often times we can come to a resolution. 

21 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I only kid. I’ve placed exactly one order from Zavvi when they had a sweet deal on the liebherr excavator. It came in its brown LEGO shipper. Just a few minor dings. I’d give them another shot if they ran something I was interested in. My only caution is the complaints I see about contacting customer service for a resolution.  I can quickly contact Amazon, Target or Wally World with a problem. And often times we can come to a resolution. 

Did get my first order from Zavvi yesterday via DHL, overall it was in perfect condition and well packaged.  I do wonder if allot has to do with DHL, I've had some back luck with them over the years and varies from driver to driver..

11 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Jurassic World sets have gone everywhere. sold out of everything everywhere.

75938 gone from smyths completely. fuming. clipping £120+ already.

triceratops rampage clipping £80+

triceratops has gone from SOLD OUT in North america and Europe to Temporarily out of stock in the last day...  hopefully just a blip.

Edited by cladner

16 minutes ago, coelian said:

What's the chances that websites listing th as not retiring is not correct vs lego website is incorrect. I'd take my chances with the lego page and delist my stuff rather than clear it prematurely. 

Delist it. No question. But the website is not trustworthy. I just talked to costumer service, she said the set will be available through 2021.