Retiring Soon - open speculation

4 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

This channel in particular confounds me as to Jim's motives. He gives great advice and is a great resource for beginners, and his picks are decent also imo. I just dont get what he wants. Is it only for the patreon revenue? The youtoube hits arent close to being moneymakers.

Realistically, it's got to just be ego massage.  Like you said, I don't think any of the revenue streams generate much income, and (even if slightly), he is hurting himself by doing this.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

whats not?

Star Wars Razor Crest. Amazon listings are $300+ currently. Probably not retiring but interesting timing for quick flip and/or demand

Last episode of season 2 Mandalorian airs Friday (less than week before Christmas) so lots of hype for it. 

----- Spoilers ------

With heavily modification/update of the Razor Crest in a recent episode I was curious if ppl would still want this version of the Razor Crest. Perhaps LEGO group will release an updated version in 2021??? Driving down demand for current version??? 

Who knows? And please tread lightly for spoilers 🤣

20201214_130006.jpg

15 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

well lego's web site confirms the lego wooden minifigure 853967 is retiring

do I really want one of these things ?

12 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

i'm in the same boat, been fighting with my 1 sensible brain cell all day.

It's mini figure shaped block of wood basically. I have two for some reason , maybe I thought they'd be rare or something. I was disappointed, not that they misstated anything before the sale but more to that It should fully move like a mini figure in all ways. No play value so "play well"(LEGO) doesn't really apply.

If it moved I may have painted up an ant man. 

Edited by Belac

8 minutes ago, Belac said:

It's mini figure shaped block of wood basically. I have two for some reason , maybe I thought they'd be rare or something. I was disappointed, not that they misstated anything before the sale but more to that It should fully move like a mini figure in all ways. No play value so "play well"(LEGO) doesn't really apply.

I looked at it as more ornamental rather than a play thing. Each to their own but I did decide to move both on rather than a keeper.

1 hour ago, Belac said:

I find it not fun or attractive at all so it is a pass for me

17 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

There was a limited edition version available to VIP members only recently, sold out mega fast for 16000 vip points. 😎

I don't recall anything "limited" about it other than they had a limited number to redeem with VIP points and it essentially amounted to a sale on the figure. There wasn't anything to indicate it was somehow different than the one you can buy. They did the same thing with the Mickey and Minnie set. Of course I may have read it wrong but that was my interpretation of the promo. 

13 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

I don't recall anything "limited" about it other than they had a limited number to redeem with VIP points and it essentially amounted to a sale on the figure. There wasn't anything to indicate it was somehow different than the one you can buy. They did the same thing with the Mickey and Minnie set. Of course I may have read it wrong but that was my interpretation of the promo. 

The VIP version had different colours from the pics I’ve seen. 

16 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

This version had blue hands and blue circle buttons on the front from the pics I’ve seen. 
I’m sure the standard version has yellow hands.

I see what you are talking about now. I'm referring to the regular one. It was available for VIP members using points back during black Friday for a reduced price / point value. I hadn't seen the one with blue hands and buttons. Still don't know if I would have bought it if I had been able to. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

There was a limited edition version available to VIP members only recently, sold out mega fast for 16000 vip points. 😎

i got one of those using VIP points. It still has not mailed. It's stuck in the mail. I was not aware if it was a limited edition.  I'll post about it once it arrives as I have the original one as well and I can do a comparison since the boxes aren't sealed. 

2 hours ago, ponderingzissou said:

Star Wars Razor Crest. Amazon listings are $300+ currently. Probably not retiring but interesting timing for quick flip and/or demand

Last episode of season 2 Mandalorian airs Friday (less than week before Christmas) so lots of hype for it. 

----- Spoilers ------

With heavily modification/update of the Razor Crest in a recent episode I was curious if ppl would still want this version of the Razor Crest. Perhaps LEGO group will release an updated version in 2021??? Driving down demand for current version??? 

Who knows? And please tread lightly for spoilers 🤣

20201214_130006.jpg

Heavily modified..... LOL. Well said. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Only 19 listings on the bay in Germany. Demand is not too strong, but supply will even it out, looks like this thing will do well. I don't have a single one though. 

This is a very slow seller in UK, but I agree that this will slowly go up in RRP, as people didn't stock up on it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

well lego's web site confirms the lego wooden minifigure 853967 is retiring

do I really want one of these things ?

In Russia, they are discounted at 79€ and no one really buys. A specific thing. W beetle, also still available in Russia. This shows how the demand for certain products varies from country to country.