Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

They are working on a reissue with a new set number 22007

Dammit, that is no more goofier than making sure the Saturn V's part count came to 1961, the year of launch.  I figured that it was a joke but still, checked it out at BrickSet.  You got me!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, raindog said:

Dammit, that is no more goofier than making sure the Saturn V's part count came to 1961, the year of launch.  I figured that it was a joke but still, checked it out at BrickSet.  You got me!

Was in the lego store today, which rarely happens since I am too lazy, but I had the 20€voucher which I had to spend.

My noteworthy observations:

Donald&Pluto brickheadz gone 

Steamboat willie & Friends available

New york& London still there 😒

Flintstones Sold Out

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

was there a special deal on those ?

No, just briefly accepting backorders... only to have the backorders canceled. Lego is also going Lorena Bobbitt on their dickens as well if they didn't know to add the customary keychain. 

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, coelian said:

I've been waiting on my diner order from a few retailers for a long time. I'm not sure if they will ever be fulfilled. I did managed to pick up 8 from another local online shop but I don't have anywhere near the numbers I wanted. Oh well time will tell. 

When I read things like this I realise I'm just a small fish in a big pond. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coelian said:

I've been waiting on my diner order from a few retailers for a long time. I'm not sure if they will ever be fulfilled. I did managed to pick up 8 from another local online shop but I don't have anywhere near the numbers I wanted. Oh well time will tell. 

There's so many plays right now I don't feel bad about anything I've stocked.

I recall clearly last year parisian restaurants were available quite readily right until the black Friday sales where you cna get 30% off before it was swept up. This year diners dried up about 2 months ago, one of the department stores has an online inventory and there were none in the whole country when I checked on Thursday. Many here are trying to sell the diner for above rrp already. Should have bought more during my trip in France during summer but the space was taken up by treehouses.. Oof 

1 hour ago, coelian said:

I recall clearly last year parisian restaurants were available quite readily right until the black Friday sales where you cna get 30% off before it was swept up. This year diners dried up about 2 months ago, one of the department stores has an online inventory and there were none in the whole country when I checked on Thursday. Many here are trying to sell the diner for above rrp already. Should have bought more during my trip in France during summer but the space was taken up by treehouses.. Oof 

treehouses will do quite well as its out of everywhere at least in the USA. plenty of time to flip before restock

• Like 1

9 hours ago, raindog said:

Dammit, that is no more goofier than making sure the Saturn V's part count came to 1969, the year of launch.  I figured that it was a joke but still, checked it out at BrickSet.  You got me!

Year and part count is 1969.  However, in the LEGO video the creators admitted the part count was merely coincidental as it was originally 1968 pieces.  But when they added the brick separator, which was the plan - 1969 pieces.  

thanks guys for the advice

what is amazing is the new Ferrari I think looks even superior to the Porsche and I think it looks very good

for what it is worth amazon is down to about 700 of the beetle, moving quickly and target, Walmart, bn and lego are out

on the fence if I want one but it is last call for the beetle

I really would like a full size to put with my mini beetle as a set

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I tend to agree because it's the most appealing to me, but on the other hand it is Technic.  The orange one really didn't do anything until Covid hit -- although the $150 price point helps.

totally agree. technic is long to appreciate and long to sell. tried 5 - 10 times and regretted each time. no longer touch them unless big discount