Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy
24 minutes ago, bigreen said:

Lego Shop Website Canada just list 70751 Airjitzu on sale for 20% off, does this mean this set is about to retire?

It also takes up over half a page in the new catalogue so it'll snow in Hell first.

sort of a longshot  but LEGO architecture Berin has been out of stock now for over a week at target and the webpage is not searchable from within the target website only when googling the page.  shows none in stock and none in store.  you figure that TLG can't let the skylines take over the entire architecture theme and maybe one of the $30 price point sets gets the axe early since the sydney is a $30 set.  also the new arc de triumphe is a $30 set?  berlin has plenty of stock at all other retailers so more likely speculative wishful thinking. i'm not sure these smaller and less populous skylines are big sellers which might make them vastly underhoarded should early EOL commence.

must...  stay on target... for eiffel tower which is going on its fourth month of being unorderable in korea my favorite BS EOL marker.

Edited by cladner

5 minutes ago, cladner said:

sort of a longshot  but LEGO architecture Berin has been out of stock now for over a week at target and the webpage is not searchable from within the target website only when googling the page.  shows none in stock and none in store.  you figure that TLG can't let the skylines take over the entire architecture theme and maybe one of the $30 price point sets gets the axe early since the sydney is a $30 set.  also the new arc de triumphe is a $30 set?  berlin has plenty of stock at all other retailers so more likely speculative wishful thinking. i'm not sure these smaller and less populous skylines are big sellers which might make them vastly underhoarded should early EOL commence.

must...  stay on target... for eiffel tower which is going on its fourth month of being unorderable in korea my favorite BS EOL marker.

GG 2.0 is out 1st April and Arc in August but I don´t recall many Architecture set retiring outwith Oct-Jan window.

I assume there won´t be any other new sets till Jan 2018 so 2 in 2 out would mean the death of Eiffel and Louvre but perhaps a couple of skyline and BK go instead as you would want to pair the French sets.

Slight design change, bringing the wall and DMZ back.

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Forsaker said:

The Louvre is on clearance from Walmart Canada (not rollback), so its retirement makes sense.

Surprising, I'd expect the Eiffel Tower to topple first.

11 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Surprising, I'd expect the Eiffel Tower to topple first.

You just never can tell with this theme. The really well known monuments can have up to 6 year lives whereas the less well-known or poorer selling ones can be done in less than 2 - e.g. Flatiron.

I´d say that the Louvre would be the more likely to go as it also has a steeper price point but I think BK is not really popular either.