Retiring Soon - open speculation

9 hours ago, botchy123 said:

Ok you send me the details for where you can order pallets of a certain set that will be 50% off in 8 months and if i know of one i will send you them. But i'll tell you now i dont know of one, because they don't exist. And if they did exist who would tell anyone, they would just use it themselves because they would have a big advantage. Seriously if you had a supplier like that would you tell your competitors ?

Seriously, I have a ton of patience with people on here, but you either lack reading comprehension skills or are being intentionally obtuse.  My response to him was simply 'where'.  I didn't ask him to track me down pallets at 50% off that I could ship to the US.  Simply asked where.  I would do the legwork required from that point.  If you believe one can't purchase large amounts of stock at a discount over there, you might wanna talk to Tabby.  It's done all the time and, again, I just needed to know where he thought these could be grabbed at more than 50% off in 8 months.  Just because YOU don't know where or how it can be done doesn't mean the rest of us aren't doing it.

3 hours ago, Will 4 said:

It was an exageration reflecting how lowly I viewed said sets however I would always advise people to keep a good eye out for deals as I can assure you 50% is definitely not the best I have seen for those sets for recently however that said I do expect to still see some lurking around the Christmas period around a certain group of stores who are often open to negotiations to free up shelf space for non Turds. 

But seriously that shipping how would that workout with taxes and logistical costs?

Also what makes you think they will climb that dramatically to RRP?

Theoretically, you should be able to fit at least 32 of these in a 24" box, 2 rows of eight on the bottom, same on top.  I'm guessing you could squeeze them in a smaller box, but let's run with 24".  These weigh 12oz each, so we're looking at about 25 pounds.  One of my intl shipping companies quoted me $164 US to ship that to the US, all inclusive.  At 50% off, these are $14.99 GPB, which is approx $18.33 USD.  So, to get 32 of these shipped to the US, I'm looking at approx $750.  That's  $23.50 each.   Of the approx 300 stores I search daily, the cheapest I've ever seen these in stock is $21 and I've only gotten 6 at that price.  These are currently $35 and they're not even retired yet.  I'm not sure they will climb dramatically IN THE UK which is why I asked where you're thinking they might languish for the next 8 months.  But appears our friends across the pond are either worried we're going to ruin their LEGO business by hoarding all of their King's Mechs or they don't understand a global economy.

• Like 3

So what are those fruitcakes at TLG HQ thinking of?

Instead of not selling them at half price here, they should repackage them and send them over to the USA to be sold at full sticker price. No one here wants ANYTHING to do with Nexo, it´s clearance bin and end of aisle fodder.

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

So what are those fruitcakes at TLG HQ thinking of?

Instead of not selling them at half price here, they should repackage them and send them over to the USA to be sold at full sticker price. No one here wants ANYTHING to do with Nexo, it´s clearance bin and end of aisle fodder.

They don't really sell at full sticker price here either...

2 hours ago, Loghamel said:

I'm not sure they will climb dramatically IN THE UK which is why I asked where you're thinking they might languish for the next 8 months.  But appears our friends across the pond are either worried we're going to ruin their LEGO business by hoarding all of their King's Mechs or they don't understand a global economy.

At the moment everywhere has them for 50% but you need to have wait as I don't think we have seen the lowest number for the Kings mech based on what I am told by friends who work in stores around the local area which seem to be a decent crossection of buyers of various incomes.

3 hours ago, Loghamel said:

Seriously, I have a ton of patience with people on here, but you either lack reading comprehension skills or are being intentionally obtuse.  My response to him was simply 'where'.  I didn't ask him to track me down pallets at 50% off that I could ship to the US.  Simply asked where.  I would do the legwork required from that point.  If you believe one can't purchase large amounts of stock at a discount over there, you might wanna talk to Tabby.  It's done all the time and, again, I just needed to know where he thought these could be grabbed at more than 50% off in 8 months.  Just because YOU don't know where or how it can be done doesn't mean the rest of us aren't doing it.

LOL

19 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

They don't really sell at full sticker price here either...

16 hours ago, Loghamel said:

Nexo overall, agreed.  King's mech?

That looks like it didn't sell out at full price to me.  I didn't say there couldn't be an aftermarket demand, but it sat in the SAH discount bin for a while.  Congrats to any who bought in.  I don't have a feel for NK so I just buy the ones that are 75% off or I want to build with my daughter.

Just now, Sfcommando14 said:

That looks like it didn't sell out at full price to me.  I didn't say there couldn't be an aftermarket demand, but it sat in the SAH discount bin for a while.  Congrats to any who bought in.  I don't have a feel for NK so I just buy the ones that are 75% off or I want to build with my daughter.

But it also shows that once it did, it rose +30% over MSRP before retirement.  I'm in the same boat.  I haven't bought any Nexo, besides the KM, for less than 65% off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leopard said:

We got hit with the snow blizzard down here in jersey but I made a call just for you and I was wrong...freaking black mech lol 1f614.png

It takes great courage to admit defeat ... in the middle of a snow storm. :) Appreciate the call, and phew.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, superlegolover said:

71017 gets the retiring soon tag in europe and australia, considering it was just released in Jan 2017, pretty short run

3 months is pretty standard for CMF.  They linger for a few months (or more) after at Target/TRU etc, but the official runs are only a few months.