Retiring Soon - open speculation

19 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Batman-Accessory-Set-853651

this little set sold out already...THE LEGO00ae.png BATMAN MOVIE Accessory Set

price on eBay almost double msrp

I'll order me a couple just in case. Brickset.com also lists them as retired in us and Canada.  Would be one of the earliest exits ever seen.

If it's wrong I'll at least get an extra disco batman out of it. :-)

2 hours ago, brickolodon said:

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Batman-Accessory-Set-853651

this little set sold out already...THE LEGO00ae.png BATMAN MOVIE Accessory Set

price on eBay almost double msrp

Happened in the Uk too.  Was sold out on first day.  Went instore & it was sold out too. Online status said "Sold Out".  It didnt give backorder date and it was selling for double rrp on ebay.

A week later its available again online.  Not been instore to check.

Edited by MoHu

44 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Is it just me, or is there not much love around for newbies/low-rankers on Brick Picker? 50 odd posts, and most are met with scorn, memes, dismissal or attitude.

Surely we all have to start somewhere. I don't know any secret handshakes! 

I agree that there are few that most always lack patience in regards to noob questions. At the same time though it can be annoying when people never take time to read a couple of posts (for the answer) and instead jump in with silly questions. 

I have to point out that I'm pretty new myself. I'm often baffled by some abbreviations and sometimes ask for help but I do try to find answers myself (30 secs on google, read back a few pages or refer to other threads). 

We all make mistakes and we all have moments when we lack patience. Even in the worst moments (inbox full of memes I'm thankful for the generous money saving tips and conversation found here). My advice for the noobs  wpid-wp-1441559471792.jpg

or... ask yourself if you can find the answer yourself in 30 secs of less before asking. Oh and there are times when a personal message might yield better results.

Thanks everyone and I don't mean to offend anyone. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It doesn´t get much better with 8k posts, I´ll tell you! If you want love, buy a Hatchimal or an Elves baby dragon.

Not after love, just that after a crap day at work, posting on some of these forums does little to lighten my mood. I cannot post about 70% discounts, or my car boot full of Lego from my local retailer unless I start talking BS. 

Perhaps you're right @ponderingzissou - I'll just stick to reading. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Not after love, just that after a crap day at work, posting on some of these forums does little to lighten my mood. I cannot post about 70% discounts, or my car boot full of Lego from my local retailer unless I start talking BS. 

Perhaps you're right @ponderingzissou - I'll just stick to reading. 

Oh no. @Villager Chris Do post your deals to share with others and other helpful pointers. Just wanted to point out that there are two sides to the issue. Some noobs (and I didn't mean you) often ask questions without looking and sometimes people are hateful when they shouldn't be. I try to just keep relatively quiet unless I have something that might interest others (or can't hold it in). It also helps to find a helpful person to pm occasionally when you need help and don't want to be attacked when posting for everyone to see. I'll help all that I can but I'm afk for much of my day during work hours (so I can't always respond quickly). I spend a lot of time lurking and learning (and liking useful posts). 

Edited by ponderingzissou
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Is it just me, or is there not much love around for newbies/low-rankers on Brick Picker? 50 odd posts, and most are met with scorn, memes, dismissal or attitude.

Surely we all have to start somewhere. I don't know any secret handshakes! 

Don't mind me, I just have a thing for set numbers, I struggle to remember my pin number, never mind all the set numbers.

And don't diss the memes or @exciter1 will be very upset.

• Like 4

On 2/18/2017 at 5:11 PM, LegoBro said:

Probably just a glitch at shop at home US, but I'll drop this here.  Anyone care to confirm what I see on the screen.

logo--ninjago?$ProductLogo$NINJAGO2122.png

Temple of Airjitzu

Not available in your country (can not be found)

I was getting this message on the Canadian site a couple days ago too, but now it's not even on the website. Tried looking up the specific set, no results were found.

15 minutes ago, jimmajenga said:

I was getting this message on the Canadian site a couple days ago too, but now it's not even on the website. Tried looking up the specific set, no results were found.

Yup, It's off the website over here as well. It was a poor seller on the North American continent (insert captain obvious here).  The half off downtown disney lego store sale(no limit) a few months ago was a clear sign this one was on its way out.

1 hour ago, ponderingzissou said:

Oh no. @Villager Chris Do post your deals to share with others and other helpful pointers. Just wanted to point out that there are two sides to the issue. Some noobs (and I didn't mean you) often ask questions without looking and sometimes people are hateful when they shouldn't be. I try to just keep relatively quiet unless I have something that might interest others (or can't hold it in). It also helps to find a helpful person to pm occasionally when you need help and don't want to be attacked when posting for everyone to see. I'll help all that I can but I'm afk for much of my day during work hours (so I can't always respond quickly). I spend a lot of time lurking and learning (and liking useful posts). 

Pm me if you need anything (u2 @Villager Chris), the least I can offer is my point of view ;) 

58 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Yup, It's off the website over here as well. It was a poor seller on the North American continent (insert captain obvious here).  The half off downtown disney lego store sale(no limit) a few months ago was a clear sign this one was on its way out.

But usually it goes to sold out, retiring soon, retired tag, not this:

IMG_3176.PNG

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

Every forum has its share of trolls, smartarses, numpties & freshmen. I try to deal with each one appropriately and sometimes get it wrong ;-) There's a lot of content on here and people really need to take the time to read through it all. We're all competitors and don't give away what we don't have to. Overall, it's a friendly place and don't take banter too seriously.

The Entertainer shows the following as discontinued:

21019 - Eiffel Tower

21024 - Louvre

60051 - High Speed Passenger Train

60052 - Cargo Train

75102 - Poe's X-Wing

75149 - Resistance X-Wing

75105 - Millennium Falcon

But, 21304 - Doctor Who is alive and well ;-(

I'm not sure if the above are in the new wholesale catalogue or not or if The Entertainer is reducing its range? Take it with a grain of NaCl ;-)

On the other hand, LEGO UK have increased limits on certain sets to 20 or even 50, will we get to the magic 99 again?

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Chris, I think you're coming in at a time where the LEGO reselling party is coming to an end. I'm not saying there is no more money to be made; what I'm saying is that the ship is full and the general consensus is that people joining now are going to have a hard time turning this into something truly profitable. Many here are getting more close-lipped on their strategies, as there is now a lot of competition. Plus, the general state of the LEGO market is post-euphoric, with too many sets out, too many people buying for reselling/investment, a reduction in buyers and big discounts around that were unheard of even 1 year ago. Combine that with an influx of new forum members over the last 1-2 years, with many coming with the expectation that they'll be handed their fortune on a golden platter, and you can understand why there is a lot of sarcasm around.

This has nothing to do with you as a person. There will always be some headshaking when people hear about you plonking down 2k GBP in less than 8 weeks, but you own your own decisions. Read into the comments what you want, but see through the sarcasm and understand that some people use it to express concern about your strategy. Nobody here would chase you away - but many (myself included) will post about the victories and the extremes, not about the daily grind of investing/reselling LEGO. You might want to consider such a posting strategy yourself as well.

There is a ton of info around on this forum, and lots of comradery and compassion. Take your time to get familiar with what is appreciated (deals! success stories! fruitcakes! delivery failures! set news!) and you will find that this forum will become a second home.

And yes, everyone posts something sometimes that gets a negative response from others (epic deals in Target, anyone?). Just read it as it is intended: an opinion on what you posted, and use it to shape what you post and how you post it in the future.

We all started with 0 posts and 0 reputation, and we have all posted stuff that others didn't like. You'll be fine :)

This post is "epic"

• Like 2