Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy
24 minutes ago, Phil B said:

The crown lands bordering LEGOLand however ......

I would be if I was allowed!

What would you all say if 3x  Ecto1 just arrived on my doorstep all with seal code 04H7?

There seems to be some serious over stockpiling of certain sets. Take 75091 Flash Speeder on sale at Lego, half price £17. Sounds good, but check bricklink and there are 380 sets available and only like 14 sales in the last 6 months similar story with the First Order Snowspeeder. What do people make of this???

Edited by red panda

4 minutes ago, red panda said:

There seems to be some serious over stockpiling of certain sets. Take 75091 Flash Speeder on sale at Lego, half price £17. Sounds good, but check bricklink and there are 380 sets available and only like 14 sales in the last 6 months similar story with the First Order Snowspeeder. What do people make of this???

Pop.

giphy.gif

Edited by Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, red panda said:

I believe that Star Wars is way over-stockpiled which is why I now avoid the theme even at 50% off. The only exception being the £30 MFs from Tesco last year.

47 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Ecto-1 gone for good.

Don´t be too sure. The page may be down but pretty much all sold out sets return for one or two last stands. I can imagine all the reseller scum that were buying multiples at full price in the last 90 days will be making visits to the post office this week, so check back in a month or so to see them in warehouse again.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Don´t be too sure. The page may be down but pretty much all sold out sets return for one or two last stands. I can imagine all the reseller scum that were buying multiples at full price in the last 90 days will be making visits to the post office this week, so check back in a month or so to see them in warehouse again.

Why would people want return sets that now costs at least £55 to buy back into?  I didn't get lucky today but I have one at RRP from early January - I'm holding onto it and hope for £80+ by the end of the year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villager Chris said:

Why would people want return sets that now costs at least £55 to buy back into?  I didn't get lucky today but I have one at RRP from early January - I'm holding onto it and hope for £80+ by the end of the year. 

You take the risk that it will be put back into stock at 50% off. Look at sets like Flatiron or Ninjago training. They went through 3 separate price points and were sold out at some staged but cam back into stock. I am guessing they were returns either from shops or from individuals.

I get the feeling Lego sales are down. I never thought I would see the day where they have to deep discount so many Star Wars products. Normally their deep sale items are stuff like ninjago water bottles, not flagship SW sets. Add to this inflation busting price increases and something feels up. Is the golden age over? hmm

55 minutes ago, red panda said:

I get the feeling Lego sales are down. I never thought I would see the day where they have to deep discount so many Star Wars products. Normally their deep sale items are stuff like ninjago water bottles, not flagship SW sets. Add to this inflation busting price increases and something feels up. Is the golden age over? hmm

There are always opportunities with a monster like Lego. Different year, different tactics...

d664abe242db95d971cfba2d3344d20f.jpg

Edited by Villager Chris