Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy
On 22/01/2017 at 0:30 PM, redjersey said:

I counted more than 30 Dr Who sets on the shelves in the Liverpool Lego Store on Friday, marked down to £34.99. Looked in again today, didn't count them but most are still there.

It won't be missed until it's gone. I remember how butt ugly the Delorean was and how VERY available it was and how it lingered with discounts (£23.33 at Argos for a while). Just look at it now, have faith guys - another £100 set awaits ;-) As for Ecto1, this could be even better.

Guest TabbyBoy

I think you can forget the T1 or TB retiring this year, new boxes tells me that production has really been ramped up for these "evergreen" sets. We saw how the SOH went before the TB and I predict that the Mini will go before the T1. The Ferrari licence is still in full swing so the F40 ain't going anywhere for a long time.

My predicted surprise retirement ths year will be the Mini since the VW Beetle "sort of" replaces it.

I don't care about the Simpson's crap as they're money-losing turkeys anyway ;-)

There´s a non exclusive alternative in Ecto 1 and 2, it can be found on Ebay for RRP and maybe sales with GBHQ haven´t been as good as expected. Most resellers will have got their number by now and may even have been selling some to get rid of inventory.

I think it would sell out if it was put on sale but I kind of hope it isn´t so as not to devalue residuals further. Good luck to those that picked it in our game.

Edited by Val-E

39 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

I think we can say goodbye to this one...:

https://shop.lego.com/de-DE/LEGO-Piraten-Schachspiel-40158

Nice! The 2 I ordered were in Warehouse yesterday and the order says Completed now, so I'm expecting them to arrive today or tomorrow. 

Regarding Ecto-1 ... It's indeed unexpected to see this set still available after having the Retiring Soon label for so long already. And indeed here's hoping it will not get the 50% discount treatment!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Haay said:

Nice! The 2 I ordered were in Warehouse yesterday and the order says Completed now, so I'm expecting them to arrive today or tomorrow. 

Regarding Ecto-1 ... It's indeed unexpected to see this set still available after having the Retiring Soon label for so long already. And indeed here's hoping it will not get the 50% discount treatment!

On brickset ecto 1 is one of the most hoarded sets.  around 12k I believe.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

You know things are bad when duplo exo exit sells out before Ecto 1...

Screenshot_20170125-104421.png

Of course it will sell out first as it's 50% off and Ecto1 is not.

17 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

New sets listed as retiring soon at SAH canada:

75158 Rebel Combat Frigate (released july 16)

75142 Homing Spider Droid2122.png

75141 Kanan's Speeder Bike2122.png

76060 Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum (released aug 16)

60131 Crooks Island

70326 The Black Knight Mech

Interesting.  Rebel Combat Frigate, and the Homing Spider Droid didn't have a long shelf life.  Although, with the upcoming Yoda Interceptor, the Yoda minifigure is becoming too common and is now in too many sets.  However, the Ahsoka fig from 75158 will be a valuable figure.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Interesting.  Rebel Combat Frigate, and the Homing Spider Droid didn't have a long shelf life.  Although, with the upcoming Yoda Interceptor, the Yoda minifigure is becoming too common and is now in too many sets.  However, the Ahsoka fig from 75158 will be a valuable figure.  

Another consideration is the TRU warehouse stock of these.  Look at the three recent examples of Deep Sea Operations Base, Technic Racing Truck, and City of Stiix.  TRU has blown these out (30-50% off) no less than 3 times since October and restocks their shelves and online stores every time.  I wouldn't be in any hurry to grab either of these until we see the 50% sales (next October?).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Another consideration is the TRU warehouse stock of these.  Look at the three recent examples of Deep Sea Operations Base, Technic Racing Truck, and City of Stiix.  TRU has blown these out (30-50% off) no less than 3 times since October and restocks their shelves and online stores every time.  I wouldn't be in any hurry to grab either of these until we see the 50% sales (next October?).

Image result for he ain't lyin

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

75158 Rebel Combat Frigate (released july 16)  **TRU US Exclusive**

75142 Homing Spider Droid2122.png **TRU US Exclusive**

75141 Kanan's Speeder Bike2122.png**Target US Exclusive**

76060 Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum (released aug 16)  **Target US Exclusive**

Interesting...

I'm surprised the WM Batman exclusive set isn't included in this round.

• Like 1