Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, ponderingzissou said:

Any news of retirement for Creator: Rainforest Animals (Parrot) 31031 or Red Creatures (Dragon) 31032?

I'm pretty sure they are "toast".  Tho I see Rainforest is still available on sale at LEGO Shop at Home.  I don't think this set was very popular... but looking at it now... the colors, the variety of builds... maybe a sleeper?  ... but maybe not. I suppose if I found a pile at a local store for 50% off, I'd probably buy, but I'm not enticed at $11.99.  Red Creatures on the other hand I'd grab at full retail anywhere I could find them (which is nowhere right now). This has always been a top seller on Amazon. I sold all mine in a day at $30... it will probably go to $40 soon. I think it's the kind of set that aunts and uncles say, "What does my sister's son want for his birthday?... I'd like to spend $20, but this Lego set is only $30... it's got a cool red dragon... I think he'll like that..."

• Like 2

When updating my spreadsheet today i noticed this was out of stock and looked at stock levels on other sites on found that Tesco have removed the "Request Stock Alert" button, so either Tesco have stopped stocking this set entirely, or it has retired.

Edited by John82

3 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Impossible, you can find this set in new 1H 2017 Catalog, if retired someone could sue them for false advertising.
Welcome to USA standards.

People throw the terms sue / legal rights etc around alot very easily, in reality its very very hard to prove things in court, nothing is ever black and white.

Hatchimals were advertised everywhere yet they were impossible to get before xmas, doesn't mean people will sue them and win.

Catalogues are a good indication but there not set in stone.

Was in Toys r us today they were throwing about the Lego boxes even kicking them around the floor,will get back to that later,they had piles of retired sets going up on the shelves along with all the new sets,had loads of the 75101 reduced to £39.99 which they told me is a goner.

Personally after watching them throw and kick about what could be my next purchases I asked wheres the Manager today only to realize one of the lego kickers was the assistant manager my kids wanted to lynch him girlfriend wanted to kick him in the baby makers..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Was in Toys r us today they were throwing about the Lego boxes even kicking them around the floor,will get back to that later,they had piles of retired sets going up on the shelves along with all the new sets,had loads of the 75101 reduced to £39.99 which they told me is a goner.

Personally after watching them throw and kick about what could be my next purchases I asked wheres the Manager today only to realize one of the lego kickers was the assistant manager my kids wanted to lynch him girlfriend wanted to kick him in the baby makers..

Toys R us is a horrible place have hated it for years 

• Like 2

Impossible, you can find this set in new 1H 2017 Catalog, if retired someone could sue them for false advertising.
Welcome to USA standards.

Yeah, not going to happen. I'm still waiting for those truck loads of 10221's that should have been available after that one catalog was published and the set retired days after.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, petersjonny said:

Kind of early but expensive set so thought I'd mention now that I heard from LEGO employee that SHIELD Helicarrier is done at the end of 2017

Cool.  If it hadn't been for my experiences with AA and Tumbler, I'd have loaded up on Helicarriers last Fall, expecting a similar shelf life.  Glad I didn't.  Of course, after my experiences with AA and Tumbler, I'm not biting under any circumstances except at $250 or less.

• Like 1