Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 hours ago, paulvdb said:

The big City police station and fire station sets normally last three years and are then replaced by new versions. Other City sets may retire sooner. Or even later but I can't think of any that lasted more than three years. There will be a new police station (60141) in 2017 to replace the current police station (60047) from 2014.

Trains have lasted 4 years before.

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

Sorry if already mentioned, but I just received the Lego store catalog for 2017 and there's no UCS Tie Fighter. Perhaps it just didn't make the cut....

Any other notable absentees? Simpsons. SHIELD, Mini?

Also, Technic Arocs 42043 isn't there but should be around til next holiday season.

I'd be very surprised to we the Ferris Wheel go so soon. Slow seller?

Remember, the FW and Tower Bridge did go on Black Friday sale at the UK LEGO Shop at Home...perhaps a hint of retirement.

Edited by eliminator
  • Like 1

Just now, Leopard said:

Has anyone bought USC Tie Fighter at a discount, if so how much was the lowest? Haven't seen one in such a long time honestly. 

I believe 50 USD was the lowest and about 100 over in Europe.

Could anyone post recent seal codes of all the above sets?

8 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Has anyone bought USC Tie Fighter at a discount, if so how much was the lowest? Haven't seen one in such a long time honestly. 

It has been almost exclusively available at a discount ... 40$ thing was a fluke . IIRC ~130$ would be the lowest 

7 minutes ago, asharerin said:

TLG and The Simpsons have a very strong relationship (i.e. Fox bent them over lol). Not surprised to see the theme continuing.

A google search for that yielded some very Disturbing images and by disturbing I mean take a look ;) 

• Like 1