Retiring Soon - open speculation

4 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

So using reverse logic,  All ideas sets, all creator expert sets, disney castle and deathstar are retiring? :lol:

Hah, they are never in the base catalogue, but you know that.

Seems like they are keeping 4 micofighters around from series 3. Ghost and AT-DP are gone, but they are keeping the rest.

Interestingly, 75158: Rebel Combat Frigate is missing too. Although that is a semi-exclusive set I guess.

I must admit I'm not sure how much I buy in to the fact if sets are in the catalogue they won't retire etc. 

Last xmas I remember picking a Lego catalogue off the shelve, there was a big spread of 75055 that had retired the previous month  . . . . 

The symths catalogue in the UK was full of JW sets which are now gold dust !! 

So I personally take it with a pinch of salt . . . 

10 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

I must admit I'm not sure how much I buy in to the fact if sets are in the catalogue they won't retire etc. 

Last xmas I remember picking a Lego catalogue off the shelve, there was a big spread of 75055 that had retired the previous month  . . . . 

The symths catalogue in the UK was full of JW sets which are now gold dust !! 

So I personally take it with a pinch of salt . . . 

The full 1h catalogue is the bible. Why waste pages on stuff no one can buy? True that last year, 21118 Mine was in the Spanish version 6 months after EOL, so mistakes can be made.

Semi exclusives and stuff like Architecture and ideas are never in this catalogue but to have the full picture, we need a copy of the wholesale catalogue.

1 minute ago, glucapg said:

I need an help: it seems to me that 76035 Jokerland was retired...but now I see that in the LEGO Shop at Home Italy is available...was it my mistake?

Watch the un-retiring thread. Some believe that this is a SAH glitch, but i believe it was a bait and switch to gauge set interest.

2 hours ago, Alfiepops said:

What gives with all this "turd" sh*t? i don't mean to poo poo this topic, but Is there a scat fetish doing the rounds?

2 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

I think I know what some of you are getting in your stockings tonight.  Time to get some of your minds out of the toilet.

We didn't start this sh*t.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-12-08/did-pope-francis-liken-the-spread-of-fake-news-to-taking-pleasure-in-poop

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glucapg said:

I need an help: it seems to me that 76035 Jokerland was retired...but now I see that in the LEGO Shop at Home Italy is available...was it my mistake?

confirmed, back in stock in UK LEGO Shop at Home fully available to purchase.

limited to 2 boxes, rather than 1, which means they have massive load of returns or they miscalculated the stock.

Edited by Shewie

If you fancy buying at RRP then buy some if you want. I wouldn't. You won't make money on it that way. You'll only make money on this set if you bought at a really good discount. Spend your money elsewhere. You've got little chance of making a profit after fees etc if you buy anywhere near full price. I bought a couple for £56 each around 8 months ago in a sale and there still isn't enough money after fees etc to be bothering selling, especially with your talk of possible un-retirement. Why would anyone buy this now? Have a think.

2 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

If you fancy buying at RRP then buy some if you want. I wouldn't. You won't make money on it that way. You'll only make money on this set if you bought at a really good discount. Spend your money elsewhere. You've got little chance of making a profit after fees etc if you buy anywhere near full price. I bought a couple for £56 each around 8 months ago in a sale and there still isn't enough money after fees etc to be bothering selling, especially with your talk of possible un-retirement. Why would anyone buy this now? Have a think.

Maybe he wants to...... shock horror , BUILD IT?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

information wise + i'm not selling Legos on local UK market so I'm not concerned by ebay, pp, amazon fees whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Furious_george said:

Maybe he wants to...... shock horror , BUILD IT?

Sorry, I thought that this was known as a top site for Lego investing. Unless people specify that they're talking about personal builds I'll usually assume that they're talking about investing. I do apologize if I've offended you though Sir. This is the 'Retiring Soon' thread also? Shock, horror, that I would comment on the speculation of how this set would perform after retirement.....

• Like 1

Sorry (not sorry) to double post, but basically, and sorry to ruin your fun, but you won't make any money on this set at RRP. We'll all be lucky to get RRP for it after fees at any time in the future, maybe a few of us will make a few quid because we got a good discount a while ago. Go ahead and tie up your funds in something that will never grow if you want. It's not my funeral.

8 hours ago, BarryZola said:

Sorry (not sorry) to double post, but basically, and sorry to ruin your fun, but you won't make any money on this set at RRP. We'll all be lucky to get RRP for it after fees at any time in the future, maybe a few of us will make a few quid because we got a good discount a while ago. Go ahead and tie up your funds in something that will never grow if you want. It's not my funeral.

Resultado de imagen de palpatine meme

If it´s still around tomorrow, it will likely be in the 30% off sale.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 4