Retiring Soon - open speculation

I went and had a look at some seals while they were repairing my windshield this morning.

• Airjitzu: 25S6
  • UCS TIE: 37S6
  • Kwik-E: 26S5
  • F40: 35S6
  • Slave: 39S6
  • T1: 39S6
  • Mini: 39S6

General observations:

There was a whole stack of Airjitzu Temples in the middle of the Lego section. Another stack was on shelves. I think there were about twenty left in total. Absolutely no one seems to buy this set. Though this set is 230€ over here, it doesn't seem to have hurt the UCS TIE of which there was only one left. About five Kwik-E's left as well. One Slave and one F40, about five each of Mini and T1.

I didn't check the seals on the Batcave, but they had a ton left of those as well.

You can guess which of the Star Wars sets was sold out: Resistance X-Wing was nowhere to be seen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Val-E said:

I concur. Blue X Wing moves fast at the right price but those Simpsons sets are shelf warmers, same with ToA and most Ninjago.

Let´s see if TLG adjusts some of their scandalous Euro prices  downwards on 1st Jan, as well as the UK ones upwards.

Rogue One hype simple as that, before world premiere even 3 4 2 Resistance X-Wing remained available until end of the promotion among with Poe's

On 23 december 2016 at 9:51 AM, Val-E said:

SAH sale starts on Monday with 30% off, apparently. That means we should get a whole heap of retirements throughout the week.

30%... A good test to see if it wakens the appetite of the hordes. 

I'm too full from chained  X"mas dinners... Waiting for the good old -50 before I move my fat arse ?

7 hours ago, grabbitfast said:

I have never seen a better end of year retirement spree,any one who has any nuts has cleaned up on this free for all,even Dr Who will be a winner,have already unloaded over half of mine at a profit,quit the whingeing beatches. 

Moderator, please redirect this post to the 'What I heard from a Lego employee' section. ?

Was trying to figure out the proper late buy in for 75150. I always look on Amazon to see if the big boys have stocked up on a set. This early in the game, is this considered a lot of units? When it was available, 75150 sold at a snail's pace anywhere near RRP so this has me a little concerned.

awing.JPG

The big City police station and fire station sets normally last three years and are then replaced by new versions. Other City sets may retire sooner. Or even later but I can't think of any that lasted more than three years. There will be a new police station (60141) in 2017 to replace the current police station (60047) from 2014.