Retiring Soon - open speculation

15 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

I bought zero too, even when on offer. You're more likely to be better off with the Dino's. For some reason, I won't spend money on the Dino sets even though I know they're a good investment. I just don't like them. I usually wouldn't give a damn about a theme as long as they make money, but I just don't like JW. My funeral though as they're obviously good investments usually.

Yep... certain animal molds are going to have appeal in the future (I know that I'm stating the obvious and that you agree). I would love to have one of the elephants from years ago. I bought one TRex Tracker simply for the TRex (for myself) because I knew that I would regret not getting one in the future if I didn't.. despite this I haven't picked up ANY JW for investment purposes. 

• Like 1

SW: Rebels never been a good seller afaik. this one in particular is a way overpriced, but short lifespan can turn this one into a jewel in couple of years.

It's OT ships and Vader/Vaders Tie. It's not like the IAC/Ghost/Phantom which have no connection point for a movie fan. And what the two above said about the Ghost/Phantom. AT-DP is still TBD for my $35 buy-in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, exciter1 said:

...and AT-DP

Have you been selling?  At what price?

11 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

AT-DP is still TBD for my $35 buy-in.

True.  I had the same buy-in from Sam's Club about a year ago and I was expecting a better FBA price by now but it hasn't made much progress.  I guess I will have to be patient with this one.

1 minute ago, zskid00 said:

Have you been selling?  At what price?

True.  I had the same buy-in from Sam's Club about a year ago and I was expecting a better FBA price by now but it hasn't made much progress.  I guess I will have to be patient with this one.

I sold unintentionally, because FBA lost the boxes of these I sent in.  It's doing decent and will continue rising.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Slowly rising in price after most of the idiot undercutters have sold out? 

That will be fine.

Slowly being the key word.

If you're fine with capital tied up in these UCS sets for half a decade that would be a lot more profitable invested in other sets at quicker turnover then it's a winning strategy. 

A lot less return but ideal for those who couldn't be fussed with the extra work. But the eyecatching flagship sets are what most newcomers target as they are more glamourous and have the eyewatering lore of profits of a bygone age. The gold-fevered should be under no illusion about the recent trend on these UCS sets due to the surge of new investors stockpiling these and killing past growth rates.

• Like 8

Any news of retirement for Creator: Rainforest Animals (Parrot) 31031 or Red Creatures (Dragon) 31032? I'm assuming that Park Animals (Duckhunt) and Mighty Dinosaurs are the replacements for them. I love building these. I liked the Red Dragon even more than I expected after building it. I was hoping to catch a few of Red Creatures (Dragon) and Rainforest Animals (Parrot) on clearance or 40% or more discount price but at this point they aren't appearing in stores often and I'm beginning to suspect that they are retiring very soon (or slowly phased out with the replacements).