Retiring Soon - open speculation

7 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Another consideration is the TRU warehouse stock of these.  Look at the three recent examples of Deep Sea Operations Base, Technic Racing Truck, and City of Stiix.  TRU has blown these out (30-50% off) no less than 3 times since October and restocks their shelves and online stores every time.  I wouldn't be in any hurry to grab either of these until we see the 50% sales (next October?).

Although, I will say previous TRU exclusives like Palpy's Arrest, and now the MTT are showing solid gains after retirement.  The mini's in these sets are usually pretty good, so I think that is part of the reason we see them go up.  Also, city exclusive sets are not as popular as Star Wars, so I think the star wars sets will do well.  Especially ones that had less than 8 months in the market.

• Like 2

On 24-1-2017 at 10:52 PM, Mhd747 said:

New sets listed as retiring soon at SAH canada:

75158 Rebel Combat Frigate (released july 16)

75142 Homing Spider Droid2122.png

75141 Kanan's Speeder Bike2122.png

76060 Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum (released aug 16)

60131 Crooks Island

70326 The Black Knight Mech

Let's hope they actually retire soon and don't stick around for another six months. Dr. Strange and Rebel Combat Frigate could do pretty well if they go quickly.

31 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

Ideas Doctor Who has now disappeared from SAH UK. Are we safe to call that officially done?

Meanwhile, and annoyingly, Tesco have found more stock for £33.25.

About time someone sticks it on HUKD's then to get rid of 'em ;)  Too rich for me but the sooner the stock gets dispersed the better.

Edit- After seeing some of the US threads about Dimensions and just general ridiculous offers all of the time, plus the fact that they get a couple of months head start on retiring sets, I might be done soon.............Maybe not though, but who knows....

Edited by BarryZola

The reason stuff is bouncing in and out of available and sold out, or at least the rumour going round, is that Lego are cancelling the orders for like 10 etc due to assuming they are resellers.

Sith Inflitrator is a very good deal, but a horrible studs showing everywhere model and perennially remade. Resistance Troop Transporter and the Rebels Vader Tie vs A-Wing are both superb deals at 50% off. 

Edited by red panda
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

TLG order cancelling protocol.

4 sets or less = valued customer

5 sets or more = reseller scum

I think you're right. None of my recent orders with 5 copies got cancelled before, which is pretty strange. But "reseller scum" from your mouth sounds funny :-)

TLG ordering cancelling protocol (note 1)

If the 5 sets are from turding themes (ninjago, nexo, friends, city, elves etc) then reseller scum = valued customer and order is good to go. It will be shipped in record time to avoid buyer remorse.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 3