Retiring Soon - open speculation

33 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Considering I bought most of my PS's at 20% off, I can clear £30 profit now if I wanted to ;-)

The full 30!!!! 

Soooo lucky. 

I'm done with modulars. 

PS is proof enough. Pity I have multiples of PC, PR too. Only stopped buying when DO was released. Too late ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZULU said:

The full 30!!!! 

Soooo lucky. 

I'm done with modulars. 

PS is proof enough. Pity I have multiples of PC, PR too. Only stopped buying when DO was released. Too late 1f614.png

It was on the market (according to brickset) 13 May 11 - 18 Nov 16 and a 20% discount wasn’t hard to get hold of during those 5 years.  

It’s been retired 82 days. What were you expecting?  

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, ZULU said:

The full 30!!!! 

Soooo lucky. 

I'm done with modulars. 

PS is proof enough. Pity I have multiples of PC, PR too. Only stopped buying when DO was released. Too late 1f614.png

The PS is the last MISB modular that I bought or ever will buy. Any for my collection will be bought used or discounted. I'll let the horde lose their shirts with modulars and Star Wars ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Pet shops? Hundreds of ecto sets? thought no more warehouse, thought no more Lego selling game? Wait, wait, don't answer, I don't want to know....

I can't understand the misunderstanding, why does me not buying mean no more LEGO selling game? Isn't that the whole idea of business to sell AFTER you have bought? I'm not exactly going to flush all my Ecto1s down the toilet or put my Pet Shops on the compost heap am I? ;-) I know... I could SELL them, what a great idea!

I am definitely NOT out of the selling game, just the buying game! ;-)

You're right, no more warehouse as I now use a room next to my office. This is for the other BP member that wants to know. Why ask in the first place?

Guest TabbyBoy
57 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Anyone notice that some of the Lego Batman Movie sets went to Backorder today? Some lines also been out of stock on Tesco and Amazon over the last few days. 

I think one or two will disappear within weeks to stimulate sales of all sets. The question is, which one? 

I think LEGO only produced a little in the first run to test the market. You probably have a very short flipping window before the sets are everywhere and heavily discounted. Personally, I don't like any of them apart from the Arctic Roller but, so will everybody else hence, this ain't the sleeper in the theme.

I could see the Scarecrow Pizza Delivery set being short lived and being the "raptor escape" of the theme.  It's got a few things suggesting it could go that way - 1st is that there is another Scarecrow set coming in summer. 2nd it's a walmart exclusive, and those never seem to last more than 2 runs.  Other than that I think the rest will be around for at least a year, and some being around for 2 years.  It's not really that cool of a set though.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I think LEGO only produced a little in the first run to test the market. You probably have a very short flipping window before the sets are everywhere and heavily discounted. Personally, I don't like any of them apart from the Arctic Roller but, so will everybody else hence, this ain't the sleeper in the theme.

I disagree with this whiney limey.  The Killer Croc set is pretty freaking sweet, and the build was pretty fun as well...  I also think the Jokers vehicle is nice too and that the catwomans cycle is another nice little set.  Sure, batmans bat cave set is nothing overly great, and the Arkham Asylum set isn't a major homer run, but this theme has a lot going for it.  I definitely think it's the theme of the year so far.

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I disagree with this whiney limey.  The Killer Croc set is pretty freaking sweet, and the build was pretty fun as well...  I also think the Jokers vehicle is nice too and that the catwomans cycle is another nice little set.  Sure, batmans bat cave set is nothing overly great, and the Arkham Asylum set isn't a major homer run, but this theme has a lot going for it.  I definitely think it's the theme of the year so far.

For kids, yes. For AFOLs, I don't think so. The new Catwoman cycle looks OK but, won't be anywhere near as rare as the old one. I do have a "cunning plan" regarding this theme but, I'm keeping quiet for the time being. We'll soon know if the movie bombs or not.

So there is a glut in recent sets. Maybe, just maybe, Lego is aware and will make sure that a few new sets are not overproduced. 12 initial sets is reasonable and the critics favour the movie. Yes, shops will have plenty of stock, but a lot will fly once kids have seen the movie. Some of the sets look decent and clean, compared to the mix/mash of other recent sets.

I may have my rosy specs on, I wouldn't write it off yet...

lego-eyeglasses-thumb-450x300-17712jpg.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I do have a "cunning plan" regarding this theme

Buy them cheap in bulk and flip for a couple quid each?

We'll soon know if the movie bombs or not.

It won't

I'm keeping quiet for the time being

Doubtful ;)

Edited by Sfcommando14
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, feed said:

It was on the market (according to brickset) 13 May 11 - 18 Nov 16 and a 20% discount wasn’t hard to get hold of during those 5 years.  

It’s been retired 82 days. What were you expecting?  

Seriously? I bought them after 2 years out, thinking the retirement would be the year after. Just like the FB... I speculated the set would jump 100E on retirement 

I was dead wrong. The set never went away and now even my Aunt from Nigeria has 3 for sale. 

Even though I was lucky on some sets, the cheer number of TB, T1 and PS still sitting in my stock are just hurting my eyes. Lucky me - I managed to avoid the DS pitfall...

Anyways - this is my last negative post. 

From now on - everything IS AWESOME!!!

• Like 2