Retiring Soon - open speculation

6 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

I just got through selling a collection of retired Bionicles I got at 75% off and still struggled to turn a dollar.

In this instance , I think the term Turd is apt. Very apt. Lesson learned tho and we move on. :)

How about if you part it out mate? :)

Carbuncles is a good alternative.

To get back on topic, EU SAH now has 68 items on sale and a couple of chocolate logs, such as Ninjago 70590 are back to available status.

It will be interesting to see what happens to sets like DSSS and how long they actually take to retire.

4 hours ago, Poppy2612 said:

Henceforth use of the word turd is forbidden. Members may instead use the much more positive chocolate log

At first read, I thought your statement was ironic given your username. Then I read your username again and realized it wasn't poopy2612.  I blame the misreading on the constant toilet references here.

Edited by lazuli16
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Haay said:

A joke is funny the first time it's told, and if it's a really good joke also a second time. But a joke isn't funny any longer when it's repeated over and over and over again.

Fully agree, the quesion should sound like:

"Has the Turd-1 retired now?"

;-)

Edited by mauro23

16 hours ago, Brickshopper said:

With such different markets and interesting characters posting (I am looking at you val-e and tabby) would it make sense for a separate US retiring soon and a UK/Europe retiring soon thread? These posts seem less and less relevant to US brickpickers and many of the posts are negative in nature and bashing the Lego product. This site wants to promote the Lego brand in a positive way and having this distasteful criticism is not good for the readers or the site.

These posts are the best contraindicators ever and have made us $$$. Keep them coming! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Furious_george said:

I just got through selling a collection of retired Bionicles I got at 75% off and still struggled to turn a dollar.

In this instance , I think the term Turd is apt. Very apt. Lesson learned tho and we move on. :)

Bionicles killed it for me this holiday season and added greatly to my bottom line. Anything that flies under the radar of most of the resellers (I'm looking at you too, Elves) can pay great dividends. At least here in the States...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Haay said:

A joke is funny the first time it's told, and if it's a really good joke also a second time. But a joke isn't funny any longer when it's repeated over and over and over again.

Wow he just got flamed hard, maybe after that embarrassing little episode we can finally put this whole turd business to bed now.

Guest TabbyBoy
46 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

Tabby Boy's got bigger t1ts

Cheeky bugger! At least my moobs have reduced a bit since I've resuming cycling.

Anyhow, JL in Reading still have F40, Mini & T1 on the shelves with Nov'16 seal codes. The tatty taped-up GBHQ is still an eyesore there and I took it to the till asking for a big discount that was refused ;-(

1 hour ago, Crustybeaver said:

Wow he just got flamed hard, maybe after that embarrassing little episode we can finally put this whole turd business to bed now.

I went out today and saw a bird, I also saw some cows, they were in a hurd, when I got in I had lemon curd, but purchasing Lego was really the word. It's just a shame that although I was spurred, the Lego set I had delivered, was a bit of a turd.

yes I think that's enough now...

I think this controversy with the word "turd" is not, as it's only employed, as I understood, when an EOL set is a bad selling on Amazon or ebay...after a few months...or it's still alive on Lego shop too long. I'm "turded" too as I have some sandcrawlers and ewok villages to sell quickly with hoped benefits (I'm moving to canada this summer). Maybe I won't do it. And that's the game...