Retiring Soon - open speculation

Just now, Phil B said:

EU != US

I am well aware that the UK is not in the US.  But if I could find these at a discount in November, I would take a look at the cost of shipping a pallet of them to sell here.  Just wondering where he envisions these being sold so cheaply, so I can look into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loghamel said:

I am well aware that the UK is not in the US.  But if I could find these at a discount in November, I would take a look at the cost of shipping a pallet of them to sell here.  Just wondering where he envisions these being sold so cheaply, so I can look into it.

You mean what your after is someone to source stuff  at great discounts for you, so you can  ship over to the US to sell there ?

4 minutes ago, botchy1 said:

You mean what your after is someone to source stuff  at great discounts for you, so you can  ship over to the US to sell there ?

Somewhat.  If Will can divulge where he expects to find these this Christmas at prices better than the current 50% off, I would assume it would be possible to order from that company.  That's why I asked where.  It would then be as simple as contacting that company and ordering a number of them to be shipped.  Shipping to the USA isn't that expensive, especially shipping a set with these dimensions and weight.

Not sure what you're getting at.  We share deals on this site all the time.  Otherwise, it would just be a bunch of, "Hey, I bought this set for 80% off today.  Got loads of them.  But don't ask where or how because I'm not telling."  What are you looking for and I can tell you where to find it and then you can do the legwork to see if you can get pallets of them shipped to the UK.  If he has a place that he can get a set at greater than 50% off in 8 months when the current price here in the states is already greater than RRP, I'd like to know where he's getting them.  If it's a secret and he doesn't want to divulge, other than being a bit silly posting about it when the likelihood that someone might inquire about it being high, that's his prerogative.  

• Like 5

I agree with @Loghamel I think the first set I did this with was Mars Rover from that Mom and Pop toy store in Canada someone posted on here a few years back. Many tried with MBS. We all know some sets do better EOL in the US like Lincoln Memorial so while these sit on shelves below MSRP in the EU and are currently going for over 2X MSRP why not load up. Same goes for the other way we will be glad to send you our TB if you think it will do well in the U.K.  

I do this all the time with BL, Amazon UK, France, Italy, Spain and so on. I don't think anyone wants you to give up your honey hole but if we can help each other out why not. I watched Arrival last night so maybe that is affecting my thought process. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Loghamel said:

Not sure what you're getting at.  We share deals on this site all the time.  Otherwise, it would just be a bunch of, "Hey, I bought this set for 80% off today.  Got loads of them.  But don't ask where or how because I'm not telling."  What are you looking for and I can tell you where to find it and then you can do the legwork to see if you can get pallets of them shipped to the UK.  If he has a place that he can get a set at greater than 50% off in 8 months when the current price here in the states is already greater than RRP, I'd like to know where he's getting them.  If it's a secret and he doesn't want to divulge, other than being a bit silly posting about it when the likelihood that someone might inquire about it being high, that's his prerogative.  

Ok you send me the details for where you can order pallets of a certain set that will be 50% off in 8 months and if i know of one i will send you them. But i'll tell you now i dont know of one, because they don't exist. And if they did exist who would tell anyone, they would just use it themselves because they would have a big advantage. Seriously if you had a supplier like that would you tell your competitors ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, botchy123 said:

Ok you send me the details for where you can order pallets of a certain set that will be 50% off in 8 months and if i know of one i will send you them. But i'll tell you now i dont know of one, because they don't exist. And if they did exist who would tell anyone, they would just use it themselves because they would have a big advantage. Seriously if you had a supplier like that would you tell your competitors ?

Stop being so horrible to our cross-Atlantic buddies mate, they obviously don't ever get any great quick-flipping deals over there. You can understand their desperation to vacuum up any sniff of a deal over here at its inception (not that there probably is actually one). Sorry, not sorry, for the sarcasm.

Realistically, the best you can hope for these sets is maybe 65-75% off direct discount. Shops have already cleared older Nexo stuff here and the Friends camp is now hard to find below RRP. I have no idea how many SAH must have for it still to be in stock there despite 2xVIP but that will probably end with the April promos on the very first day.

12 hours ago, Loghamel said:

It was an exageration reflecting how lowly I viewed said sets however I would always advise people to keep a good eye out for deals as I can assure you 50% is definitely not the best I have seen for those sets for recently however that said I do expect to still see some lurking around the Christmas period around a certain group of stores who are often open to negotiations to free up shelf space for non Turds. 

But seriously that shipping how would that workout with taxes and logistical costs?

Also what makes you think they will climb that dramatically to RRP?

49 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

It was an exageration reflecting how lowly I viewed said sets however I would always advise people to keep a good eye out for deals as I can assure you 50% is definitely not the best I have seen for those sets for recently however that said I do expect to still see some lurking around the Christmas period around a certain group of stores who are often open to negotiations to free up shelf space for non Turds. 

But seriously that shipping how would that workout with taxes and logistical costs?

Also what makes you think they will climb that dramatically to RRP?

As we mentioned before, the King's Mech is already selling for more than RRP on amazon fba right now because this set was/is a walmart exclusive in the united states. It sold out on shop at home at 20% off and is pretty much gone from retail. If it were to be 50% off, you would be triple your buy-in at 1.5x RRP. It is already 1.25xRRP here and it is not even retired yet. My prediction is 2xRRP if it retired before christmas.

Just now, micbelt said:

As we mentioned before, the King's Mech is already selling for more than RRP on amazon fba right now because this set was/is a walmart exclusive in the united states. It sold out on shop at home at 20% off and is pretty much gone from retail. If it were to be 50% off, you would be triple your buy-in at 1.5x RRP. It is already 1.25xRRP here and it is not even retired yet. My prediction is 2xRRP if it retired before christmas.

Plus, at least in my neck of the woods, the only time I really saw King's Mech anywhere is when it showed up in the clearance section at one of my WMs. Never saw it on the regular shelf (but that could just have been a case of me selectively looking past it). Doesn't get more "hidden" than that in my book. So this is a clear case of the US being totally different than the EU. A bit like Birds' early take-off in Europe, with prolonged availability in the US.

1 hour ago, micbelt said:

WTF I must move to America at once. I cannot belive a mediocre set like that is doing so well. LEGO Shop at Home is even undercuting L***p on price to the UK just when my wallet was safe.

4 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

WTF I must move to America at once. I cannot belive a mediocre set like that is doing so well. LEGO Shop at Home is even undercuting L***p on price to the UK just when my wallet was safe.

Yes, intercontinental moves are definitely recommended based on Nexo Knight performance.  Just put that on your Green Card application and I'm sure you'll be fast tracked.  Our President is also a savvy businessman :)

Edited by Sfcommando14
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Plus, at least in my neck of the woods, the only time I really saw King's Mech anywhere is when it showed up in the clearance section at one of my WMs. Never saw it on the regular shelf (but that could just have been a case of me selectively looking past it). Doesn't get more "hidden" than that in my book. So this is a clear case of the US being totally different than the EU. A bit like Birds' early take-off in Europe, with prolonged availability in the US.

King's Mech is loaded on TRU shelves, atleast mine are but the WM clearance on these were so beautiful months ago.  

1 minute ago, Leopard said:

King's Mech is loaded on TRU shelves, atleast mine are but the WM clearance on these were so beautiful months ago.  

You must be thinking of the Black Mech which is a TRU exclusive and costs more, different set. King's Mech is exclusive to Walmart in the US.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Are you talking about Infernox Captures the Queen? King's Mech is WM exclusive so won't be found at TRU.

6 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Are you talking about Infernox Captures the Queen? King's Mech is WM exclusive so won't be found at TRU.

If we are talking about the 70327 my TRU has them stocked and it is not the Black Mech or the Infernox Captures the Queen

21 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Yes, intercontinental moves are definitely recommended based on Nexo Knight performance.  Just put that on your Green Card application and I'm sure you'll be fast tracked.  Our President is also a savvy businessman :)

Well he started with a small loan of a million dollars such humble guy.

Lets see just have to fly to Mexico and swim past the wall.

• Like 1