9476 - The Orc Forge retiring

Hmm, yes, I suppose.  Worst case, I end up with a bunch of Orc Forges for myself and can make a really spectacular scene to go with my Tower of Orthanc!

Exactly. That is my worse case scenario with 13 of them . since i won't be buying the OT for while though, Instead, I'll have to make one really big Orc Forge.

We are purely speculators. Go with your gut feeling, My suggestion to to invest in set you personally like. :)

Sorry, but if I invested in themes I liked, I would be sitting on a heap of market duds like Alien Conquest, Atlantis and Pharaoh's Quest.

Also, emazers, I lol'd at "Why did I only get 40?". I am sure the majority of us don't have the working capital to be able to chance on -every- deal. Sometimes I've had to leave money on the shelf, so to speak. I know some people wait too long for a good deal that never comes, but I'd say it's a chance the people with limited fluid capital have to take sometimes.

• Like 3

Sorry, but if I invested in themes I liked, I would be sitting on a heap of market duds like Alien Conquest, Atlantis and Pharaoh's Quest.

Also, emazers, I lol'd at "Why did I only get 40?". I am sure the majority of us don't have the working capital to be able to chance on -every- deal. Sometimes I've had to leave money on the shelf, so to speak. I know some people wait too long for a good deal that never comes, but I'd say it's a chance the people with limited fluid capital have to take sometimes.

Yeah I gotta agree. I don't trust anything I like.

I actually think we might see them in stock again for a short period of time, but my guess is as good as any.

with target sold out online and in most store at I doubt this is one of those times where lego does the fake sell out and brings the item back a week or two later

As a side not I drove 180 miles this weekend to see my parents and stopped by every target that listed as in stock online, not a single store had more than one on their shelves, I literally cleared out half of the target stores in the state of ohio (not many had them in stock to begin with)

• Like 1

As a side not I drove 180 miles this weekend to see my parents and stopped by every target that listed as in stock online, not a single store had more than one on their shelves, I literally cleared out half of the target stores in the state of ohio (not many had them in stock to begin with)

Plus 1 for the effort in Ohio. Outstanding!

with target sold out online and in most store at I doubt this is one of those times where lego does the fake sell out and brings the item back a week or two later

That is outstanding effort...at least you got 1 at each store for your troubles.  If Target analyzes your account transactions they should give you an award for most visits to different stores in one day (in Ohio)!  In my area, I can visit 6-7 tops if I wanted to go on a crazy hunt in one day.     

Does Target do price protection like TRU does?  If you buy something at TRU and the price goes down in (I am not sure the time frame) they will match the newer cheaper price.  Target do anything like that?  If so, I wonder if all these Orc Forges bought in the last week would qualify once their "black friday" sale happens this Friday and Saturday.

Does Target do price protection like TRU does?  If you buy something at TRU and the price goes down in (I am not sure the time frame) they will match the newer cheaper price.  Target do anything like that?  If so, I wonder if all these Orc Forges bought in the last week would qualify once their "black friday" sale happens this Friday and Saturday.

Interesting idea, but why/how would orc forges be discounted if they are all out of stock?

Interesting idea, but why/how would orc forges be discounted if they are all out of stock?

That's a good question too!  ....maybe their website will list the sale b/c some stores still have stock?  Or take your receipt into the service desk during the sale and ask what the price is.  ...only works if they have price protection though...      Or maybe you are right and the stores that don;t have it won;t put it on sale...IDK.

Guest eightbrick

I agree with Willy's comment above. I think sometimes we get caught up and think that the amount of people in this site is representative of the overall population. We are a very small percentage of people doing this relative to the whole LEGO buying population, and our own constraints (storage, capital) will more than likely keep things flowing well in the near future.

True, although we can't deny that the number of new Lego investors in the past couple of years is staggering. I guess what I was trying to say was that the set isn't going to take off like the zombies, as with all the attention it is by no means an under-the-radar gem. As I said in my earlier post, thanks for the education ;)

I meant on the Target website not S@H, but it would probably be on a very small quantity. Who knows.

This set will not be a repeat of The Zombies. It has been on shelves for far longer, so many more were produced. The Zombies and the Ultimate Space Battle were the rare store exclusives that truly spent a very limited time on shelves. Most LEGO stores only received one shipment of The Zombies while Orc Forge has been readily available at LEGO stores during the entire production run.

• Like 1

true when they had them at target they were priced at about 50 bucks, but target does price match and if you get them from target online they are regular retail price. All prices here in Hawaii are inflated and I have yet to see a good clearance deal like the ones some members talk about.

yeah, but you live in HAWAII, so you have that on us. lucky....lol.

Well for a $40 Lego set it looks like at least half of you are crying the blues that why didn't I get more of these, I think most of you just waited and waited for a big discount that never really happened, it was only a $40 set and its been out for 14 months. Everybody had plenty of time to get plenty, and since nearly everybody thinks it will be a great money maker we all should of gotten at least 20-30-40 of them. With some of the big sets like the Haunted House, SSDS, Tower Bridge, Helm's Deep if you guys don't have any yet, or have only a few don't wait forever to start picking a few up now, if not alot of you guys are going to regret for years that why did I only have 5 Haunted Houses, or 2 SSDS etc. Now I am putting nobody down or anything, but I do the same thing once in a while, I knew the harry Potter 4842 Castle would be gold so why did I only buy 40 of them and since I was only paying $85 for them. or the 10212 Imperial Shuttle last May Lego Store had them for $207, why did I only buy 10, sure I do have 50 but I should of gotten alot more. And I am sure I am going to say the same about The haunted House, Volkswagen camper and many other ones, but waiting for the big sale before you buy any big sets that could be retiring soon is making a big mistake. And the guys that are still seeing Vampire castle's for $69 Wholesale prices why ain't you buying them. I would rather have 5 haunted Houses then 8 A-wings, 5 Tie Fighters, 10 Skiff's etc.Etc.    ED

ed, you are a man among boys...lol.

This set will not be a repeat of The Zombies. It has been on shelves for far longer, so many more were produced. The Zombies and the Ultimate Space Battle were the rare store exclusives that truly spent a very limited time on shelves. Most LEGO stores only received one shipment of The Zombies while Orc Forge has been readily available at LEGO stores during the entire production run.

Agreed. Not even in the same league.

I'll be more than thrilled if it does even half as good as Zombies.

I don't think most are expecting anything like The Zombies to be sure. But if this doubles in price quickly, that's a success to me.

The bigger thing I can't figure out is why, if you are TLC, do you retire this set right as Tower or Orthanc is coming out. Are they worried people would buy that instead of the tower? Makes no sense to me at all, when it is pretty normal for sets to be out for 2 years.

I don't think most are expecting anything like The Zombies to be sure. But if this doubles in price quickly, that's a success to me.

The bigger thing I can't figure out is why, if you are TLC, do you retire this set right as Tower or Orthanc is coming out. Are they worried people would buy that instead of the tower? Makes no sense to me at all, when it is pretty normal for sets to be out for 2 years.

I would be more than satisfied with 100% return in 1 year ish time frame.

It doesnt make much sense for them to retire it as the tower is coming out but at the same time they really dont advertise the sets as being related and other than the ent the set really feels like its setup more for the earlier part of the story, before the tower turns into a giant war machine.

It doesnt make much sense for them to retire it as the tower is coming out but at the same time they really dont advertise the sets as being related and other than the ent the set really feels like its setup more for the earlier part of the story, before the tower turns into a giant war machine.

I understand the relevance it shares with the Tower, but why would Lego keep an exclusive around any longer? It is a 'normal' set which has had its full production run and keeping it around any longer than that would just end up saturating the primary market and cause possible devaluation in the secondary market. I don't think anyone wants to see this happen.

It is a neat little exclusive but it's time for it to go :bye:, so the :money: can start rolling in.