9476 - The Orc Forge retiring

I could obviously be very wrong, but this is one of those sets that just stands out in my mind as a hands-down winner, I mean I have zero doubt of success in my mind when I think of this thing. Primarily because its an exclusive, and secondly because its going to be an essential companion piece to the Tower of Orthanc. I feel like I should be just raiding the stores for these things even at full MSRP and investing in them over other sets. Only thing holding me back is limited finances and the fact I like to have a diverse portfolio, just because I've been trained that way with the stock market.  

Guest ph4tb0i

You guys talked me into it, just bought two more.  Don't forget, ****** gives you an additional 2% cash back at Target.com.

Agreed. I just put an order in for 5. Cheap set that's easy to ship. 

It was raiders of the last orc today at lego. They had a retiring soon sign on them...I grabbed  2, there was someone  in line with 2, and a couple people walking around with one each.  I had almost no interest in this set....until it was known to be retiring.  Now I have 6 and thinking about a couple-few more

I still have never seen these movies---anybody know which one has the orc forge in it?  I was able to find a scene of the shelob spider thing--that was interesting.  Is the hobbit--the same movie?  I think the guys in the shelob scene were called hobbits--or was it muggles? I am confused now---my son wanted to see what harry potter was, and teh spider---downloaded a couple movies--and fast forwarded through looking for things he would recognize with his sets.

It was raiders of the last orc today at lego. They had a retiring soon sign on them...I grabbed  2, there was someone  in line with 2, and a couple people walking around with one each.  I had almost no interest in this set....until it was known to be retiring.  Now I have 6 and thinking about a couple-few more

I still have never seen these movies---anybody know which one has the orc forge in it?  I was able to find a scene of the shelob spider thing--that was interesting.  Is the hobbit--the same movie?  I think the guys in the shelob scene were called hobbits--or was it muggles? I am confused now---my son wanted to see what harry potter was, and teh spider---downloaded a couple movies--and fast forwarded through looking for things he would recognize with his sets.

Try movie 2: the Two Towers. Hobbits were one the race in that world.

The Hobbit can be seen as a prequel to LoTR, but one can be watched without the other.

LOL gotta love people who only smell money and know nothing about stuff they invest in :P Its people like that I'd want the market to crash cos they never learn :P (like in stocks)

now on topic.

I still cannot believe its retiring so soon!!!!

im shocked for days!

I stopped buying this last month, I now have 5 (a lot for a small time investor).

I only have 1 Weathertop though and this is not yet EOL in Europe. I may get a few more.

But I have noticed LOTR sets now make 33% of my portfolio as I have been concentrating on them since Emazers mentioned the EOL rumors in May.