9476 - The Orc Forge retiring

• 2 weeks later...

I mean this with no disrespect to you at all:

Of all LEGO sets that we have discussions about, this is probably the one with the most threads. There's got to be one this info would've fit into.

That said, I'm pretty sure this is done. Most people are sure it's done. Some have reported Orc Forge labels reappearing on their Target shelves, so we might see one more round of stock in some areas, but I think it's drying up quickly.

This is one of the few sets I bought at full retail to avoid a potential "The Zombies" level of boat missing.

• Like 2

no offense taken. I know there were plenty of threads but when I was looking for them for some reason I couldn't find it so I just made this one. as of yesterday it was available from shop at home and when I looked just now it is gone just wanted to give people a heads up. if anyone can merge it into an existing thread please do so.

Not in Hawaii...I'm guessing he pays at least 10% more.

true when they had them at target they were priced at about 50 bucks, but target does price match and if you get them from target online they are regular retail price. All prices here in Hawaii are inflated and I have yet to see a good clearance deal like the ones some members talk about.

Guest eightbrick

Bad thing about Hawaii - shipping is a little harder as well.

Actually, on the big island, in Kona I think, I remember there were these insanely good prices this one year after Christmas. I got a 7094 King's Castle Siege for 30 bucks, 7622 Race for the Stolen Treasure for 17 bucks (if I knew it would explode in growth, I would have bought like 10). They had a full aisle of Lego on clearance, most of them 50% off or more. Ah, good times (see, a tropical vacation can pay for itself ;) ).

Do you mind me asking which island you are on, agp548? I would think that it is probably more likely to see the good deals on the less populous islands, but I don't really know...

Guest ph4tb0i

I ordered one about two hours ago. hopefully it goes through.

I managed to order 5 this afternoon. Haven't gotten any confirmation yet, but definitely didn't expect to see these go so fast on Target without as much as a warning. 

One of the key items on Target.com : Release Date: May 10, 2012.

Only 14 months when target.com was sold out. Lego.com has been sold out for 1-2 weeks now.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-lord-of-the-rings-the-orc-forge-9476/-/A-14018146

It only sold out on lego shop at home early yesterday. Many members ordered them to get the 75 dollar bundle price to get free shipping and the hot dog cart.