9476 - The Orc Forge retiring

If so wouldn't they still show in their inventory so you could check online?

Yes and no.

Sometimes you can check the stock, and they'll show, but sometimes that number reflects how many never sold and were reclaimed by the company.

A Walmart near me still shows 7 boxed of Black Phantoms in stock for $13.00 a pop, which I would have sprinted to buy. But three separate visits, talking to multiple managers on duty and none could be found. So frustrating.

That's Walmart and we're talking target. So far Target seems much better at keeping better track of inventory. But I didn't realize a hole in my thinking because pretty much all the other LOTR (first wave) sets are listed as "not sold in store" by now so...

That's Walmart and we're talking target. So far Target seems much better at keeping better track of inventory. But I didn't realize a hole in my thinking because pretty much all the other LOTR (first wave) sets are listed as "not sold in store" by now so...

Ah my mistake. I saw Walmart and didn't realize the reference was Target.

So basically the premise isn't much different. Target will sometimes clear stock off the shelves to the backroom in preparation for a larger clearance later during a sales event. It will still show in stock until the product leaves the store, which usually only happens after stuff hasn't sold after being out on the floor for 50% off.

I'm sure stuff can be sent back to the company at any time during this process, however, but in any case, the store stock should reflect what they have. Target is much better than Walmart about this.

Ah my mistake. I saw Walmart and didn't realize the reference was Target.

So basically the premise isn't much different. Target will sometimes clear stock off the shelves to the backroom in preparation for a larger clearance later during a sales event. It will still show in stock until the product leaves the store, which usually only happens after stuff hasn't sold after being out on the floor for 50% off.

I'm sure stuff can be sent back to the company at any time during this process, however, but in any case, the store stock should reflect what they have. Target is much better than Walmart about this.

I think we're pretty much talking about Target as this thread is about The Orc Forge which is a Target exclusive and Target also has a few LOTR (first wave) sets on clearance. I think the general thought people are having is this "Black Friday in July" is going to be dozens of first wave LOTR sets clearanced at 70% off on every endcap in the toy department. If that was true than that stock that was pulled to the back would show as "instock" for stores on Target.com rather than a general "not sold in stores." Of course there could be a few random returns but Helms Deep shows "not sold in stores" and I haven't seen a single one in my local Targets.

I think we're pretty much talking about Target as this thread is about The Orc Forge which is a Target exclusive and Target also has a few LOTR (first wave) sets on clearance. I think the general thought people are having is this "Black Friday in July" is going to be dozens of first wave LOTR sets clearanced at 70% off on every endcap in the toy department. If that was true than that stock that was pulled to the back would show as "instock" for stores on Target.com rather than a general "not sold in stores." Of course there could be a few random returns but Helms Deep shows "not sold in stores" and I haven't seen a single one in my local Targets.

I'm not really sure what you're saying here in regards to my response about your original question about the stock showing up still if they take things to the backroom.

Did I not answer it very well? I didn't say anything about this being Black Friday or about not sold in stores items like Helm's Deep..

?

I have been able to get 7 total...I believe this set will be a very good investment, especially considering how the LOTR theme seems to be really catching fire.... And on Dan the line when the tower goes EOL, you will see an even more demand since more collectors/investors will be looking to pair those two up....and the more forges the better with that type of display ......just my two and a half cents.... Lol

Let me guess... was this at 9841 Waterstone Blvd?

hahaha it was! how did you guess that?

Thanks for the heads up, bought 5 sets last night. Was going to buy 5 more today if they were still in stock, sure enough they werent, as i expected.

This sets only been retired for a week and is already doing well imo.

Brick link = $50 + shipping

Amazon = $56

Ebay = $60-65

Just wait until the late investors jump on the wagon, will drive the prices even higher in the next few weeks.

hahaha it was! how did you guess that?

Thanks for the heads up, bought 5 sets last night. Was going to buy 5 more today if they were still in stock, sure enough they werent, as i expected.

This sets only been retired for a week and is already doing well imo.

Brick link = $50 + shipping

Amazon = $56

Ebay = $60-65

Just wait until the late investors jump on the wagon, will drive the prices even higher in the next few weeks.

I think if you look at the right stats you'll see it's actually held a value above retail for almost the entire retail life of the set.