9476 - The Orc Forge retiring

• 2 weeks later...

Just found some at half price maybe the last of them. Hoping to make them my first investment. Got them at a good deal but not sure how long I should hold onto them. Help?

2 years roughly!

Can also check my blog articles where I re-evaluated all sets at more modern timeframe and value!

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/9/entry-340-lego-lotr-investing-re-evaluation/

mmm...amazon.de now lists the forge as available per august 2nd

Lego Herr der Ringe 9476 - Die Ork - Schmiede von LEGO
4.6 von 5 Sternen  Alle Rezensionen anzeigen (16 Kundenrezensionen)

Unverb. Preisempf.: EUR 49,99 Preis: EUR 38,99 (EUR 64,98 / kg) Kostenlose Lieferung. Details Angebotspreis:   Sie sparen: EUR 11,00 (22%)   Alle Preisangaben inkl. MwSt.   o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Lieferbar ab dem 2. August 2013.
Bestellen Sie jetzt.
Verkauf und Versand durch Amazon. Geschenkverpackung verf

Considering TLG staff probably read this site, I would not be surprised if they considered making more of them, based on talk of it being very popular post-retire due to Tower of Orthanc.

However, I think this set really is done.  UK stores are all doing clearance offers on them and Amazon is only getting sporadic additional stock and then running out.

yeah but s@h still does not show as retired but

• temporarily out of stock
i don't want to spread panic or anything :)

The same thing happened last year with Grand Emporium.

The Grand Emporium was tagged "Retiring Soon"?

I think he meant it was listed as "Temporarily out of stock". I vaguely remember seeing that.

Just found some at half price maybe the last of them. Hoping to make them my first investment. Got them at a good deal but not sure how long I should hold onto them. Help?

Until you are ready to sell.  Everyone has there own profit goals.  Some want double or more.  This will take time, others want to flip sets quicker and make "faster" money.  It really is about how you want to play the game.

Considering TLG staff probably read this site, I would not be surprised if they considered making more of them, based on talk of it being very popular post-retire due to Tower of Orthanc.

However, I think this set really is done.  UK stores are all doing clearance offers on them and Amazon is only getting sporadic additional stock and then running out.

funny, i was thinking the same thing. there is a manager at LEGO with the job to make investing in LEGO as unpredictable as possible. Het got a promotion on his job on the 10188 and the fire brigade.

This is frustrating. Orc Forge is now in the Lego deals section for 32.00 though it is temporarily out of stock. Why must you toy with me Lego. Unintentional pun. I will be refreshing that page throughout the day, you know, just in case.

Checkout my latest comment about this set and the B-Wing in that B-Wing thread.

Checkout my latest comment about this set and the B-Wing in that B-Wing thread.

If I had to guess, they are repackaging the damaged returns. It would be cheap to print off new cardboard and repackage them by hand for sale, much better than just tossing them or melting them down. Would explain the limited supply.

I just called Lego.   I was placed on hold while she looked into it and returned to say Orc Forge is returning to the online store and the Temp label is not a mistake.  However, she could not confirm an exact date on the return and if the sale price would be removed. :-/

I just called Lego.   I was placed on hold while she looked into it and returned to say Orc Forge is returning to the online store and the Temp label is not a mistake.  However, she could not confirm an exact date on the return and if the sale price would be removed. :-/

Hmmm... assuming they know anything about it. Not great though.