9476 - The Orc Forge retiring

He did.... :getlost:

Still does, probably. I think he's also the one who bought 100+ X-Wings in NY to get that free Yoda figure and turned around and is selling for 200 a pop. Cool I guess. I'm a little envious as I don't have that kind of "purchasing power".

Still does, probably. I think he's also the one who bought 100+ X-Wings in NY to get that free Yoda figure and turned around and is selling for 200 a pop. Cool I guess. I'm a little envious as I don't have that kind of "purchasing power".

StarPod did say he acquired a number of those but unfortunately had not keep his end of the bargain for a lot of members here and possibly some others outside the site. Let's just say unlike The Terminator, he won't be back.

StarPod did say he acquired a number of those but unfortunately had not keep his end of the bargain for a lot of members here and possibly some others outside the site. Let's just say unlike The Terminator, he won't be back.

Oh ok, I must have missed the thread in which all of that happened. I was interested in a Yoda until he told me the price and then I removed myself from the situation very quickly, I mean he can sell them for whatever he chooses but a minifig at that price will always be a no-go for me.

However, if what you say is true then that is unfortunate, hopefully no one was ripped off in the process.

Oh ok, I must have missed the thread in which all of that happened. I was interested in a Yoda until he told me the price and then I removed myself from the situation very quickly, I mean he can sell them for whatever he chooses but a minifig at that price will always be a no-go for me.

However, if what you say is true then that is unfortunate, hopefully no one was ripped off in the process.

I was interested in getting one of his X-Wing - Yoda bundle but at the price that was initially stated. Greed possessed him and then upped the price about 50%.

Back to the OF, I'll try to get it form LEGO Shop at Home as the retailers over here have it at retail price, so I'd rather get the VIP points towards a free set :D

I don't know the full extent of the fallout but have a feeling some were ripped off.

In any case, this is reminder of what Ed and Jeff are trying to strive for on BrickPicker. To bring together a friendly and productive community created from good people. We strongly wish to encourage members to make offers and buy from one another (as soon as the BrickClassifieds is up of course) and give helpful advice. Anyone that abuses that system is not a wanted or productive person by any means and will only help to contribute negative opinion from outsiders and could cost the site good members, and hence forth they will be banned for such actions.

While StarPod was a decent member to begin with, some of what he stated did not add up, and with the whole "New York, I Love" Yoda minifigures and X-Wings, he blew it big time. He made a promise to a number of people but did not follow through yet was browsing the site and posting. The nicest way of putting is "he bit off more than he could chew" and paid the price. (The real way of phrasing the situation would be censored.)

Like I said, we want everyone to be a contributing member and keep this a friendly community but when the system gets abused and a member disrespects another by flatout ripping them off, you will be banned. There is no excuse for being a crook.

• Like 2

Whoa that is terrible. I was talking to him, too, just didn't want to buy at his price. Damn, I even defended the guy. If my support for his endeavor caused anyone here a loss, my bad. Still, it's beyond comforting to know that the BP admins and mods stay on top of situations like this. So long, Starpod. We barely knew ye.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: Orc Forge. I suppose I'm in the minority, because I haven't bought any and I don't plan to.

Whoa I missed that development. I saw some posts of people receiving the yoda / xwing combos. I wonder how many sets starpod actually shipped. This is such an unfortunate circumstances.

I am so glad I did not buy into it.

So can someone recoup what happened with starpod? short version :D

He offered the X-Wing+Yoda for an initial price, a high price considering what the items had cost him, and then when the deal was about to be closed, he would kick the price up some more.

Well, wasn't he in high school or something? I can't really say I'm surprised something like that was too much to handle, despite his obvious previous success and his generally respective forum posts. Unfortunate, really.

He also said he had something like five employees, all were high school students, made $11,000 a month from flipping, and was a 'powerseller' on eBay. I don't know about you but if his nose got any longer from all that, I would have had enough firewood to burn for the entire year.

Whoa I missed that development. I saw some posts of people receiving the yoda / xwing combos. I wonder how many sets starpod actually shipped. This is such an unfortunate circumstances.

I am so glad I did not buy into it.

He did keep his end for some. I mean, there was that eBay listing showing a pile of those Yodas. Oh well, what is done is done. Nothing else left to say really.

So can someone recoup what happened with starpod? short version :D

Quick version:

StarPod offered a lot of "New York, I Love" Yoda with X-wing bundles. Did not hold up end of bargain on his side for way too many. Got the boot from site.

He offered the X-Wing+Yoda for an initial price, a high price considering what the items had cost him, and then when the deal was about to be closed, he would kick the price up some more.

That was a contributing factor but was not the only reason StarPod got banned for. It is a rude move to do though.

Didn't members call BS, Starpod posted a single pick of a small pile of Yodas, then someone linked to the auction he swiped the pic from?  It was a new seller with zero feedback, hardly the "powerseller who makes 11k a month" which he claimed.  He also never could account for exactly how he could acquire 1/5 of the total production of those minifigs, nor how he physically removed over 200 X-wing sets from the Times Square TRU which must have been a logistical nightmare.  Not shocked that it ended up being a scam, though I am sorry for any members who got taken and I sincerely hope that they paid with a secure method and got reimbursed.

Good riddance.

I might grab a couple more of these when I go to buy Orthanc. There is really no way to tell, the set could be in the retiring soon list for months or it could just go away in a week just like that. Don't wait too much to get yours.

As for the other sets like Helm's Deep not appearing on that list, well, that also does not mean much considering how Weathertop was retired.

I think Weathertop sold poorly, and probably had production shutdown months ago.  Emazers is likely correct in his suspicion that HD was being cranked out right up to the final gong this month.  They will be phased out though, as all Lego sets inevitably are, to make room for the incoming wave of LOTR and Hobbit sets being released now and later this year.  I did get 5 forges from that unexpected Target sale a few weeks ago, and am debating ordering more even if I have to pay full price.

I think Weathertop sold poorly, and probably had production shutdown months ago.

It was a set too expensive right out the gate. If it was originally $50 then maybe but not at $60. I understand the whole "weight = price" shebang but it just didn't look like a $60 set, I'm sorry.

I'm with you guys.  The price point just seemed off on weathertop, and I think a whole lot of consumers agreed with us.  The good news is slow sales typically equals low numbers available on the secondary market ina  few years, so this one might actually be a sleeper.  Especially if Lego doesn't get around to releasing any other black rider style Ringwraiths.

Canonically 5 wraiths attacked Weathertop, so I really would have liked to see at least one more included in the set.  Maybe a distinctly different one to represent the Witchking?