Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

Maybe the actual updates/list of Reviews/Blogs/etc should be in its own locked and stickied thread that you guys can just replace over instead of pasting a redundant one each time? Then you could just post a list of what's coming up and simply link to the stickied thread.

At least, it would cut down on the walls of color that take up half of each page, and make it easier to keep track of from the index page.

Just a thought!

I'm in the process of making a blog about the contest and will just modify one post to keep it simple...

Guest eightbrick

To be quite honest, it was and is for my own personal use more than anyone elses.  It helps me and will help me judge the contest and keep track of it.  

Ah, I see. I'm guessing the Brickpoint values are a pretty good gauge of how we are doing?

Ah, I see. I'm guessing the Brickpoint values are a pretty good gauge of how we are doing?

Pretty much sums it up...

Remember, I am being very generous with the Brickpoints right now, so even if you don't win the contest, you can still win a prize.  For every 5000 Brickpoints, you get a STAR WARS mini set.  Jeff will be adding in the review Brickpoints as well shortly.  Or...you can save your points for future use...which could be a nice option for many.  

Remember, I am being very generous with the Brickpoints right now, so even if you don't win the contest, you can still win a prize.  For every 5000 Brickpoints, you get a STAR WARS mini set.  Jeff will be adding in the review Brickpoints as well shortly.  Or...you can save your points for future use...which could be a nice option for many.

I was wondering how those BrickMaster polybags would still play out with the Brickpoint system after you made mention of being able to use your earned points towards certain things (not yet determined at this time). Would it be like trading in 5,000 Brickpoints per polybag now or is it just like before where every 5,000 points milestone nets you one but you keep the points you've earned thus far?

I'm not sure if my question makes sense cause now I'm confused. :wacko:

Guest eightbrick

I was wondering how those BrickMaster polybags would still play out with the Brickpoint system after you made mention of being able to use your earned points towards certain things (not yet determined at this time). Would it be like trading in 5,000 Brickpoints per polybag now or is it just like before where every 5,000 points milestone nets you one but you keep the points you've earned thus far?

Are you asking if the brickpoints would be "used up" when you get a polybag?

Guest eightbrick

Looks like I would get more done with the Red Bull, if Family Guy is any indication

LOL. Where I live, its 12:33 am (I am going to work until 3 as there is no point sleeping because I have to leave at 3:30). I haven't ingested anything for hours as I sit at my computer. Good way to die... :P

Yeah, basically that.

I think his wording suggests you either use them for a polybag or save them for a discount/free listing, not both.

This has also been on my mind.

Is this for build or investment? For building, I'm game for all of them. They are all stunning sets! Investment, go for the SSD. It's hard to compete with everyone else who got it for $100 in the investing world, and the X-Wing being a remake is just uncharted territory.

This would be for building, not investing.

I was wondering how those BrickMaster polybags would still play out with the Brickpoint system after you made mention of being able to use your earned points towards certain things (not yet determined at this time). Would it be like trading in 5,000 Brickpoints per polybag now or is it just like before where every 5,000 points milestone nets you one but you keep the points you've earned thus far?I'm not sure if my question makes sense cause now I'm confused. :wacko:

It's very simple really. When Jeff adds the Brickpoints earned from the reviews to the rest of the forum and blog Brickpoints, we will have one total. From that total I will subtarct 5000 points or more from whoever received a STAR WARS mini set. Right now that is about 9 or 10 of you. This not only enables people to get a prize for their efforts, it maintains our original offer of giving out minisets to the first 100 members who reached 5000 BPs. There will be a time when we will offer various sets as rewards and there will be some sort of store. You will pay for the sets with Brickpoints. If all goes as planned, you will be able to buy advertising space on the Brick Classifieds with the Brickpoints.

This is a slow process and conversion. Jeff is working on the review situation now and trying to add the Brickpoints from the forums and blogs to a different type of programming setup that the reviews are tracked by. When he finishes that, he will be able to make it work in conjunction with the Classifieds. There are multuple issues and levels of programming going on here and it is very time consuming and tedious. I know people are growing impatient, but the end result(we hope) will be very enticing to members. What other LEGO site gives you LEGO sets or post items for sale for site activity?

It's very simple really. When Jeff adds the Brickpoints earned from the reviews to the rest of the forum and blog Brickpoints, we will have one total. From that total I will subtarct 5000 points or more from whoever received a STAR WARS mini set. Right now that is about 9 or 10 of you. This not only enables people to get a prize for their efforts, it maintains our original offer of giving out minisets to the first 100 members who reached 5000 BPs. There will be a time when we will offer various sets as rewards and there will be some sort of store. You will pay for the sets with Brickpoints. If all goes as planned, you will be able to buy advertising space on the Brick Classifieds with the Brickpoints.

This is a slow process and conversion. Jeff is working on the review situation now and trying to add the Brickpoints from the forums and blogs to a different type of programming setup that the reviews are tracked by. When he finishes that, he will be able to make it work in conjunction with the Classifieds. There are multuple issues and levels of programming going on here and it is very time consuming and tedious. I know people are growing impatient, but the end result(we hope) will be very enticing to members. What other LEGO site gives you LEGO sets or post items for sale for site activity?

That answered the whole shebang and then some. Thank you, Ed.

So are we getting 'charged' for the polybags from the 100 like these upcoming 'store' sets, or do we keep the early BP?   This is not an angry question, even though it is kind of phrased that way.

Guest eightbrick

So are we getting 'charged' for the polybags from the 100 like these upcoming 'store' sets, or do we keep the early BP?   This is not an angry question, even though it is kind of phrased that way.

Yes I'm pretty sure, if you get the polybags it will cost you 5000 brickpoints; Ed has stated multiple times that they will become a sort of "currency". I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised brickpoints are getting deducted for the polybag, just because they are adding new features for the brickpoints system that you can "spend" your points on other things it doesn't mean they are going to throw in a two for one. As I said early, Ed has compared the points to currency. You can't spend the same money twice unless you earn it back. Hope that helped ;)

Guest eightbrick

I understand BJ's question a little differently. Will everyone who gets to 5000 BPs automatically get the polybag as part of the First 100 contest, or will they be able to save those points to get something better?

You get to choose. Ed recommended people should wait until they can see all the options instead of cashing in on polybag right away. I'm getting the feeling that the BrickClassifieds update is going to be huge.

Ok guys.  I know that people can choose to buy sets with BP in the future, and that they will obviously be deducted.  I am wondering if the SW polybags count for this, as they are in a separate contest as I saw it.  Please don't question my appreciation of the Mack's generosity, as I don't think that there are any other sites that give Lego sets to people for just BS'ing about Lego!

Ok guys.  I know that people can choose to buy sets with BP in the future, and that they will obviously be deducted.  I am wondering if the SW polybags count for this, as they are in a separate contest as I saw it.  Please don't question my appreciation of the Mack's generosity, as I don't think that there are any other sites that give Lego sets to people for just BS'ing about Lego!

No, you pretty much got it.  You will still get your Polybag if that's what you choose to "buy" with it.  You cash in your Brickpoints and get your set.  So yes, the Star Wars Polybags are included in this.  The only other contest right now is the Blog one.

No, you pretty much got it.  You will still get your Polybag if that's what you choose to "buy" with it.  You cash in your Brickpoints and get your set.  So yes, the Star Wars Polybags are included in this.  The only other contest right now is the Blog one.

Will Bj's account be retroactively deducted 5,000 points for the first polybag he received?

By charging members 5000 Brickpoints for the minisets, it enable us to move ahead with the next site feature.  We are trying to simplify things and make it where it does not penalize people.  If you reach 5000 points and want one, you will be able to get one and everyone who wants one will pay the same amount.  You will see when the future "store" sets are released that these mini sets were a great value.  We might change it up the prizes after 100 are "bought," but this way we honor our original promise of reaching 5000 Brickpoints and you get a STAR WARS mini set.  Remember, we never said we wouldn't take points away. Almost two years ago when we started that program, there were no other ways to spend your points.  Very soon, there will be many ways, but that is just progress and the site improving.  

As Spock said...

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one.

• Like 1