Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

Yeah, I've noticed people covering articles other people are also doing recently... for example I think that three or four people are working on/have done LOTR wave 2 LOL

I think the new system would make articles less repetitive and more original.

Bigger stuff like this I think its ok to have several. Maybe not all front page, but you get several different perspective on same sets.

It is okay to several different perspectives, but I think that there has to be a limit. I do not know what it would be, but I prefer a diversity of blog articles on Brickpicker.

Bigger stuff like this I think its ok to have several. Maybe not all front page, but you get several different perspective on same sets.

This is true, if someone reviews Jabba's palace and says yes it will be a winner, then can be many of you with reasons why it won't be.  I think that makes the site even better when you can get different perspectives.  We can then edit the articles to make sure people can see click the links to see the related articles.  Do we need 50 of each? No. But contrasting viewpoints make for good discussion.

Guest eightbrick

Perhaps we should start a new breed of articles: collaborative analysis write ups, basically like the ordinary theme analysis except instead of one person providing their analysis for each set, multiple people do. It would be a long read, but more informative and it is what Brickpickers want (I did a poll in one of my articles and long multiple viewpoint articles recieved far more votes than concise ones so there is interest here). If anyone is interested in doing some collaborative articles with me, shoot me a PM - before I shoot you one LOL

Perhaps we should start a new breed of articles: collaborative analysis write ups, basically like the ordinary theme analysis except instead of one person providing their analysis for each set, multiple people do. It would be a long read, but more informative and it is what Brickpickers want (I did a poll in one of my articles and long multiple viewpoint articles recieved far more votes than concise ones so there is interest here). If anyone is interested in doing some collaborative articles with me, shoot me a PM - before I shoot you one LOL

Sounds great. I am actually in the process of writing an article with another member here, let's see how it turns out ;)

I have been swamped by grad school applications and some other stuff I have had to stop most of my writing unfortunately...

It is a good idea and I know Ed and I would give Brickpoints to all the parties involved for having great content.  Remember though that people can also use the comments area to voice their opinion and keep conversations about the review/analysis going.  

Sounds great. I am actually in the process of writing an article with another member here, let's see how it turns out ;)

I have been swamped by grad school applications and some other stuff I have had to stop most of my writing unfortunately...

Man I do not miss school. Been out for a little over two years and I have thought about doing my PHD, but I am just not sure I want to get back into all that.

Less than 48 hours remain to the Blog writing contest.  Please submit any article that is ready to publish by midnight tomorrow night to be counted for the contest.  We will not publish every new entry by tomorrow night because I want to save some content for later.  I don't want to flood the site with too many new articles because they would never get read.

Also, we just added a new blog notification feature that counts characters and lets you know what Brickpoints you received for your efforts.  

Good luck...Ed

Less than 48 hours remain to the Blog writing contest.  Please submit any article that is ready to publish by midnight tomorrow night to be counted for the contest.  We will not publish every new entry by tomorrow night because I want to save some content for later.  I don't want to flood the site with too many new articles because they would never get read.

Also, we just added a new blog notification feature that counts characters and lets you know what Brickpoints you received for your efforts.  

Good luck...Ed

Awesome! Let's see how many more I can get in.

Will in go back and count our old articles characters?

AND THE WINNERS OF THE 2013 BRICKPICKER BLOG WRITING CONTEST ARE...

After reviewing all the articles and blogs that were submitted for the 2013 BrickPicker Blog Writing Contest, Jeff and I came to the conclusion that three members deserved the First Place prize of a $200 LEGO Gift Card(or similarly priced LEGO set)...and they are:

• Donotinsertinmouth
  • Fcbarcelona101
  • Quacs

There will be no Second or Third place prizes, only two honorable mention prizes of $50 each to Grolim and Comicblast. 

All 5 members who won a prize wrote at least twice as much as their nearest competitors and their article quality and creativity was excellent.  There are still multiple blogs that have to be posted, one in particular, stands out.  It is a 50,000+ character collaborative creation by Fcbarcelona101 and Quacs that introduces people to the BrickPicker site.  This article will have a special location on the site so all new members can check it out.

So, all in all, fantastic job people.  It's been a long contest, but I think the results were worth the effort.  Don't stop writing them though, remember, you still get copious amounts of BrickPoints to use in the Brickpoints Store for writing blogs and LEGO set reviews.

Will the 5 winners please PM me with their addresses and choice of LEGO Gift Cards or similarly priced LEGO sets and we will get those out to you in the next several days.  Thanks..

Ed

• Like 2