Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

By charging members 5000 Brickpoints for the minisets, it enable us to move ahead with the next site feature.  We are trying to simplify things and make it where it does not penalize people.  If you reach 5000 points and want one, you will be able to get one and everyone who wants one will pay the same amount.  You will see when the future "store" sets are released that these mini sets were a great value.  We might change it up the prizes after 100 are "bought," but this way we honor our original promise of reaching 5000 Brickpoints and you get a STAR WARS mini set.  Remember, we never said we wouldn't take points away. Almost two years ago when we started that program, there were no other ways to spend your points.  Very soon, there will be many ways, but that is just progress and the site improving.  

As Spock said...

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one.

That should answer it.  Thanks, Ed.  I am really looking forward to seeing the new feature!

Will Bj's account be retroactively deducted 5,000 points for the first polybag he received?

Jeff is finishing up combining the review points with the blog and forum points.  He has shown me some cool stuff on how we will implement a store using the Brickpoints. The 9 or 10 of you that have received the sets will have points deducted at that time.  It's about the fairest way possible to make it equal for everyone.  This is not meant to be a penalty.  This will enable members to track their own Brickpoints and purchases.  The original program was a nice idea, but hard for Jeff and I to monitor.  This will make is simpler and more fun for members.  Trust me.   :santa:

Guest eightbrick

What time on August first is the contest ending? I am assuming it will be at 11:59 pm est like last time, is this correct? (just wondering when to stop procrastinating lol). Thanks.

What time on August first is the contest ending? I am assuming it will be at 11:59 pm est like last time, is this correct? (just wondering when to stop procrastinating lol). Thanks.

I believe that's right. I feel like I've already been procrastinating too much, seeing where FCB and Quacs are at. LOL

Guest eightbrick

I believe that's right. I feel like I've already been procrastinating too much, seeing where FCB and Quacs are at. LOL

Don't forget DNIIM, he's making a powerful run too. Ah, contests.

Seems like articles are slowing down, if anything. We have one of the oldest articles ever on the Latest Community Blogs list, with DNIIM's article being 2 days old!!

Everyone is dead from writing them.

I have a few that are almost done, just finishing. And I don't think anything that has been submitted last night is up.

Everyone is dead from writing them.

I have a few that are almost done, just finishing. And I don't think anything that has been submitted last night is up.

I made 2 blogs and fixed my first one like 3 days ago and none was reviewed and approved so far...

Guest eightbrick

I made 2 blogs and fixed my first one like 3 days ago and none was reviewed and approved so far...

It takes time. They have to read and approve each one. I wonder how many articles I can get done in the 24 hr period before the end of the contest...

Guest idunno101

I still have plenty of ideas left. There is only one thing, I cannot write about all of that short of amount of time.

This is the time when you have to create 10 robots that can type out all of your thoughts for the blog. :umnik:

This is the time when you have to create 10 robots that can type out all of your thoughts for the blog. :umnik:

I wish I could do that, but I only have one NXT 2.0 robot and I am currently programing it to solve my Rubix Cube. I cannot give up on that project.

Guest eightbrick

Im goin - running out of good ideas though. I have a few more though - and some other good sets to build.

Most of us have too many ideas and not enough completed articles. You are such a beast that you have too many completed articles and not enough ideas. xD Perhaps we should set up a thread for possible articles, so we could claim ideas so we dont have five people doing the exact same thing (although I do enjoy different views) and people who dont have enough time to write articles could "donate" article ideas.

Most of us have too many ideas and not enough completed articles. You are such a beast that you have too many completed articles and not enough ideas. xD Perhaps we should set up a thread for possible articles, so we could claim ideas so we dont have five people doing the exact same thing (although I do enjoy different views) and people who dont have enough time to write articles could "donate" article ideas.

I like this idea. Some of them I have pulled from comments other people have made and I have just emailed them asking them if they mind if I use it.

I have an idea for this.  Let me work something out..

Guest eightbrick

Yeah, I've noticed people covering articles other people are also doing recently... for example I think that three or four people are working on/have done LOTR wave 2 LOL