Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

Nice job Blackjack...You entered review #1000.  That earns you a bonus!  

On the contest...Jeff has some real "work" to do at the moment, but will total up some things for me so I can be fair when judging the results.  Look for the results later today or evening.  Thanks.  

Nice job Blackjack...You entered review #1000.  That earns you a bonus!  

On the contest...Jeff has some real "work" to do at the moment, but will total up some things for me so I can be fair when judging the results.  Look for the results later today or evening.  Thanks.  

Great job Blackjack. Great job to everyone who submitted a review. They are all very fun to read and they all very helpful.

Guest eightbrick

Congratulations Blackjack! Interestingly, Flying Time Vessel was one of my brother's first sets, so it was proabably one of the first I played with (I still have the box with those little clear windows). If not for that, I would probably agree with everyone else that the whole time travellers line was a mess. :D Great job again!

PS... everyone is in different time zones. Where I live, the contest ended at 10 pm.

Congratulations Blackjack! Interestingly, Flying Time Vessel was one of my brother's first sets, so it was proabably one of the first I played with. If not for that, I would probably agree with everyone else that the whole time travellers line was a mess. :D Great job again!

PS... everyone is in different time zones. Where I live, the contest ended at 10 pm. Grolim lives over in middle earth so I have no idea when the contest ended for him.

Where I live, the contest ended at 11:59:59 P.M. July 3rd, 2013.

After careful deliberation, Jeff and I would like to announce the winners of the 2013 BrickPicker Review Contest:

1st Place(winner of Haunted House or $200 LEGO Gift Card): Fcbarcleona101

2nd Place(winner of Palace Cinema or $150 LEGO Gift Card): Blackjack & Mikeur86

3rd Place(winner of Jabba's Palace or $100 LEGO Gift Card): Grolim

Honorable mentions(winners of $50 LEGO Gift Cards): MartinP, srm_520, BrianI3

I would like to thank all the BrickPicker members that participated. I just want to give a brief explanation of the results. As I stated at the onset of the contest, the quantity of reviews and character counts was important, but quality also played a key deciding factor.

First place winner, Fcbarcelona101, accomplished both. Quantity and quality. At over 700,000 characters, he was 100,000 characters ahead of the nearest competition. In other words, he wrote a lot of words. His reviews had quality information and analysis. He also did an excellent job with graphs and charts.

Second place winners, Blackjack and Mikeur86, produced almost identical content...so much so, I thought the only fair way was to give two awards. With approximately 100 approved reviews apiece and 550,000 characters written, these two produced a plethora of pages.

Third place winner, Grolim, might not have had the most reviews or content, but his content was superb! If you want to read some of the best reviews on the BrickPicker site, check out Grolim's reviews. Fantastic.

Last but not least, the Honorable Mentions...Martin P, srm_520, and BrianI3. All three produced quality content above and beyond their next nearest competitors and peers.

All in all, we received some excellent reviews and content. We actually reached 1000 reviews in total, so that was very cool. I will continue to reward members with similar Brcikpoints for reviews. At some point in the near future, we will go over possible ways to cash these in. That being said, I want to concentrate on the Blog Contest that ends on August 1, 2013. Similar prizes will be awarded. Good luck...

Will all winners please contact me with prize choices and addresses. Thank you...

• Like 1

Guest eightbrick

Wow, I didn't think I would win anything. Thanks!

I think a huge congratulations is in order for FCBarcelona, Grolim, Mikeur86, Blackjack, MartinP, and last but not least srm_520! Your reviews are awesome and you are well deserving of your prizes! Congrats again! :clapping: You guys worked so hard, great job!

Sweet!  Happy day!  Congrats to the winners and big hand goes to FC, Blackjack, and Mikeur86.  FC, you were my gauge in determining if I was doing a good enough job - exspecially since it seemed like we reviewed a lot of the same sets!  Thanks to Ed and Jeff, you guys put on a fantastic contest, and awarded a lot of extra prizes - that's pretty awesome.  The job and life picked up a lot in June, which essientiely killed me out of the contest, but hopefully now that things are back to normal - I can go review some more.

Which by the way - everyone keep reviewing!  Even though the contest is over, this is the time where you power through and keep reviewing.  It's things like this that make the site great and geared for new people to the site trying to get a good picture of different sets.

Thanks again!  This is totally going to a VW bus for the personal collection.  Been eyeing that one for a while.  Or maybe the Tower of Orthanc, or maybe the new Sydney Opera House, or maybe.........   :sweat:

Sweet!  Happy day!  Congrats to the winners and big hand goes to FC, Blackjack, and Mikeur86.  FC, you were my gauge in determining if I was doing a good enough job - exspecially since it seemed like we reviewed a lot of the same sets!  Thanks to Ed and Jeff, you guys put on a fantastic contest, and awarded a lot of extra prizes - that's pretty awesome.  The job and life picked up a lot in June, which essientiely killed me out of the contest, but hopefully now that things are back to normal - I can go review some more.

Which by the way - everyone keep reviewing!  Even though the contest is over, this is the time where you power through and keep reviewing.  It's things like this that make the site great and geared for new people to the site trying to get a good picture of different sets.

Thanks again!  This is totally going to a VW bus for the personal collection.  Been eyeing that one for a while.  Or maybe the Tower of Orthanc, or maybe the new Sydney Opera House, or maybe.........   :sweat:

Orthanc was my choice...you might as well get that so we can both review it lol. You are right, we reviewed the same sets several times. Thanks for the compliments, your reviews were great as well, and I am sure given more time you would have produced a lot more of the same great quality!.

I will definitely encourage everyone to keep reviewing sets. I know I will, even if at a more relaxed pace.

Guest eightbrick

I hope everybody loves the Halo Mega Bloks sets!

What?!? I specifically said that I wanted Best Lock, darn it!