Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

Guest eightbrick

So how many articles do I have to write and days off work do I need to take to catch up to FCB101 and Quacs in 23 days?

I think the big battle now is for third place. That said, don't lose hope, they were really generous with the honorable mentions last time ;)

TO ALL OF OUR WINNERS!!

ALL PRIZES HAVE BEEN PURCHASED AND IN PROCESS OF BEING SHIPPED OUT!!!  

Hopefully you get them soon (Grolim, you should have yours in your Inbox right now since you live in such a far off distant world!)

Let us all know what you purchased with them!!!

Thanks Jeff.  I have received it.  Now just have to spend it and that shouldn't be a problem :)

So for the Reviews contest, the first-third place winners were given their spot because of their quantity and quality correct? For some reason I was under the impression that there was a single review that determined a winner, that would later be converted into an EC article, but that could have been my fault. 

For the articles contest, how are winners determine. Quantity, quality, or both? 

So for the Reviews contest, the first-third place winners were given their spot because of their quantity and quality correct? For some reason I was under the impression that there was a single review that determined a winner, that would later be converted into an EC article, but that could have been my fault. 

For the articles contest, how are winners determine. Quantity, quality, or both? 

Same thing, both.

Guest eightbrick

Well I haven't written any for the contest, so I'm starting from scratch.  I should go ahead and ask for the rest of the month off from work.

Unless your work pays less than 200 bucks a month, no (well, I guess bragging rights are also included for the winners). That said, I'm sure everyone would love to hear from you so write up a couple articles in your spare time. I'm ramping up article production as of today (aiming for three today, already got one and a half done), and I think everyone realizes it is go time. Good luck!

Guest eightbrick

Just one really long one...

You just got me thinking LOL. I'm going to do this... It will be a beautiful 25 page cached article on everything Lego.... just kidding.

TO ALL OF OUR WINNERS!!

ALL PRIZES HAVE BEEN PURCHASED AND IN PROCESS OF BEING SHIPPED OUT!!!  

Hopefully you get them soon (Grolim, you should have yours in your Inbox right now since you live in such a far off distant world!)

Let us all know what you purchased with them!!!

I will probably purchase a UCS set. The 10221 Super Star Destroyer, 10227 B-Wing Starfighter, or the 10240 X-Wing Starfighter

Guest eightbrick

My guess is that Ed and Jeff decided to just select a bunch of honorable mentions and drop the member's choice. They actually gave more prizes than we originally thought, so I am fine with that.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is what happened too. Originally they were planning to give out I think four $25 Viewers Choice gift cards but instead they an extra 2nd place prize ($150) and three additional honorable mentions worth $50 each. So, they basically ended up giving out 200 dollars more than they originally said, very generous.

I will probably purchase a UCS set. The 10221 Super Star Destroyer, 10227 B-Wing Starfighter, or the 10240 X-Wing Starfighter

Is this for build or investment? For building, I'm game for all of them. They are all stunning sets! Investment, go for the SSD. It's hard to compete with everyone else who got it for $100 in the investing world, and the X-Wing being a remake is just uncharted territory.

Guest eightbrick

If anyone is interested, here are the number of articles all submitted and approved articles along with the member's name. If you are tied with another member, you have been placed according to alphabetical order.  :thumbsup:

Thanks, gives me a good idea of how much stock caffiene I will need to be buying. Let us all do our best to knock the kings FCB and Quacs off their thrones xD Good luck y'all.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is what happened too. Originally they were planning to give out I think four $25 Viewers Choice gift cards but instead they an extra 2nd place prize ($150) and three additional honorable mentions worth $50 each. So, they basically ended up giving out 200 dollars more than they originally said, very generous.

The member's choice was dropped because we doubled the prizes and separated the two contests.

If anyone is interested, here are the number of articles all submitted and approved articles along with the member's name. If you are tied with anoher member, you have been placed according to alphabetical order.  :thumbsup:

There is still plenty of time to get in the game.  Remember, there are still reviews that people have submitted that I haven't posted(in red on the blog chart).

Maybe the actual updates/list of Reviews/Blogs/etc should be in its own locked and stickied thread that you guys can just replace over instead of pasting a redundant one each time? Then you could just post a list of what's coming up and simply link to the stickied thread.

At least, it would cut down on the walls of color that take up half of each page, and make it easier to keep track of from the index page.

Just a thought!

• Like 1