Updated Review Features/Editor and Review Contest!

I tried getting Ed to give me all the gift cards but he told me I don't produce enough content. Whatever   :whistle:

Great job and congrats to you all.  There are some great writers here and the contributions to the site are very much appreciated!

Jeff... You know... if an accident were to happen and the whole site just went down... what would they do without you? :)

Congrats guys!  I must say that I greatly anticipate the release of the Quacs/FCB article!

You're likely going to need to settle in with a snack and a tall drink because it's loooooooong.  FCB and I hope you enjoy it, though.

I think anyone who actually reads it cover to cover (err...web banner to web banner?) in one sitting should receive 10 brickpoints and a massage to work out the stiffness from being in one reading position for so long.

You're likely going to need to settle in with a snack and a tall drink because it's loooooooong.  FCB and I hope you enjoy it, though.

I think anyone who actually reads it cover to cover (err...web banner to web banner?) in one sitting should receive 10 brickpoints and a massage to work out the stiffness from being in one reading position for so long.

And that might be an understatement lol

AND THE WINNERS OF THE 2013 BRICKPICKER BLOG WRITING CONTEST ARE...

After reviewing all the articles and blogs that were submitted for the 2013 BrickPicker Blog Writing Contest, Jeff and I came to the conclusion that three members deserved the First Place prize of a $200 LEGO Gift Card(or similarly priced LEGO set)...and they are:

• Donotinsertinmouth
  • Fcbarcelona101
  • Quacs

There will be no Second or Third place prizes, only two honorable mention prizes of $50 each to Grolim and Comicblast. 

All 5 members who won a prize wrote at least twice as much as their nearest competitors and their article quality and creativity was excellent.  There are still multiple blogs that have to be posted, one in particular, stands out.  It is a 50,000+ character collaborative creation by Fcbarcelona101 and Quacs that introduces people to the BrickPicker site.  This article will have a special location on the site so all new members can check it out.

So, all in all, fantastic job people.  It's been a long contest, but I think the results were worth the effort.  Don't stop writing them though, remember, you still get copious amounts of BrickPoints to use in the Brickpoints Store for writing blogs and LEGO set reviews.

Will the 5 winners please PM me with their addresses and choice of LEGO Gift Cards or similarly priced LEGO sets and we will get those out to you in the next several days.  Thanks..

Ed

Again Congrats to the winners and everyone else.  I am just letting all the winners know that their Prizes have been purchased and are "In Process" of being shipped or shipped already!  Happy Purchasing!!!

Guest eightbrick

You deserve some recognition for that excellent pick a brick article. I am thinking of trying it when I go to the lego store

Hahaha, there are lots of people who deserve recognition before me. Stay tuned though, I have some exciting and fresh things planned (non-articles)... ;)

Guest eightbrick

It was either that or Sidney Opera House, but since I already have $ 40 in points EW is the better choice at the moment. Plus, I don't have any space where to display sets anymore...

If anyone has doubts about his space constraints, check out the "what did you build today?" forum. xD

Thinking either 4x4 Crawler LE or one of Grand Emporium/Palace Cinema + Hayabusa. Hayabusa would give me all three CUUSOO sets (except Shinkaii) for the personal collection, but 4x4 Crawler Exclusive is just sick. So hard to decide...

What would the sets be for. Investment or building?

Thinking either 4x4 Crawler LE or one of Grand Emporium/Palace Cinema + Hayabusa. Hayabusa would give me all three CUUSOO sets (except Shinkaii) for the personal collection, but 4x4 Crawler Exclusive is just sick. So hard to decide...

The crawler looks pretty good from the video that was posted. Mine got delayed though :(

• 1 month later...

Finally had enough creative juices flowing to start up a review for the Haunted House set. Umm, I'm just trying to figure out why the member name shown when I go to preview is coming up as buckwater? Who the sam heck is buckwater?

bp_1379581428__buckwater.png

Am I getting punked here? :acute:

All of my reviews showed up as marco_lc for a few months!  (I think that was the name at least.)