41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

So far, I have seen this Exclusive Crawler listed only for the US and Canada but no one else at the moment. I went through the whole list of available countries to switch to and every other one comes up with the typical "Product not found" page. It's looking to be an exclusive for our side of the pond. Sorry, guys. Someone will probably say I should be ecstatic but I'm not.

They lied to me that they sold out of the 41999 when I walked in there last night.  The clerk also said they had only 12 BTTF at the store and were all gone by Tuesday afternoon.  For some reason a lone one is on the shelf.  Seems a little shady to me.

I spent over $2k there last month---Jen takes care of me when I call her.  It's not a raffle.  She needs to make her numbers, and she helps me make mine.  Be friendly with your Lego managers!  And bring a cute kid with you in a ninjago shirt when you go!  It opens a lot of doors, and a lot of boxes in the stock room back there!

I just got off the phone with a Lego rep form the UK and she told me that it would be available to Spain. She would not confirm the date, she just told me to keep an eye on the site.

She didn't just say "yes it'll be available"... It took her some time to find the info and relay it to me. Either she did look for the info or she has her act well practiced.

I know that information from Lego reps is to be taken with a grain of salt but I would find it funny that Lego flies into Denmark the creator, from wherever he hails, tours him around the factory, has meetings with the project leader and design team, sees the assembly line and then go on and sell this Crawler only in the US and Canada. The are already messing with us with those darned prices, no need to push the knife in even further.

On a side note, she said that I was the 3rd customer that she assisted today regarding this set.

I would laugh so hard if LEGO did a limited US release for like a week and then released the set globally. US investors would go nuts and scoop them up. LEGO would make a killing and then they would release the set to every country an render resellers and quick flippers useless. Now that would be some shady tactic on LEGO's part.

I would laugh so hard if LEGO did a limited US release for like a week and then released the set globally. US investors would go nuts and scoop them up. LEGO would make a killing and then they would release the set to every country an render resellers and quick flippers useless. Now that would be some shady tactic on LEGO's part.

Their 90 days return policy would render this tactic useless.

They should do this kind of tactic for SDCC exclusive minifigs and effectively disturb the secondary market for those things.

What I think they could do, and this is total conjecture on my end as I haven't read anything official about this release, is make the first 20,000 copies limited---ooh, my license # 18439 is unique, whoopee! yeah!---once those 20,000 are sold, hey no more license plate #.  Or change the box.  Companies do this crap all the time.  Weren't the first 10179s given a certificate?

I'd still like one, but don't think it's worth too much extra effort on my end.  20,000 of anything is still a lot and hardly "limited".

There sure is a dearth of humor in some of our lives.  It would make a lego investor "laugh so hard" if lego performed a distribution supply move detrimental to lego investors?  Another member thought it was would be hilarious if orc forge production was resumed to burn investors who already invested in the set.

Hmm....I usually watch the marx brothers or larry david for my humor---I don't really understand this weird lego humor some of you speak of.

• Like 2

Edit: negativity removed.

My point is, you could probably do this, but it is a tactic that is a bit shameful and is a reason why resellers aren't popular.

There sure is a dearth of humor in some of our lives.  It would make a lego investor "laugh so hard" if lego performed a distribution supply move detrimental to lego investors?  Another member thought it was would be hilarious if orc forge production was resumed to burn investors who already invested in the set.

Hmm....I usually watch the marx brothers or larry david for my humor---I don't really understand this weird lego humor some of you speak of.

I don't think it would be funny, but it would be interesting to see the tactics they take to weed people out.  While I don't know what actions Lego will take, it is clear that they are making moves against resellers/investors.  I wonder what will be left when the storm passes?

Everyone here seems be a conspiracy theorist lately... everyone is out to get them and the like.

Even a release like this that SHOULD have people excited is clouded by everyone trying to figure out how and when LEGO decides to screw them. :alien: