41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I was going to try and get 8 of these, but I was thinking in 5 years what would make you more money, 8 4x4 Crawler 41999, or 8 LOTR Tower of Orthanc, or 8 Haunted Houses, 7 Tower Bridges, 7 Batman Arkham, I am thinking The Tower Bridge would do way better than all of them. What do you guys think. Ed

I was going to try and get 8 of these, but I was thinking in 5 years what would make you more money, 8 4x4 Crawler 41999, or 8 LOTR Tower of Orthanc, or 8 Haunted Houses, 7 Tower Bridges, 7 Batman Arkham, I am thinking The Tower Bridge would do way better than all of them. What do you guys think. Ed

tower bridge hands down... i just really want to build this! the led lights and remote control make this set perfect

To be honest, this will be a set that I pass up. I know in my area, the technic sets NEVER move. I can walk into my local M&P and clear out there stock of 10 unimogs at 15% off. Even though this is limited to 20,000 sets, it is a $200 set. I am also not a fan of the RC aspect (I don't really like power functions at all  :resent:).

Being a newbie I can't project 5yrs down the road haha.  Even for new investors most/some of us have (1 or more) of all the other sets emazers listed...would be nice to just have 1:20,000 with the truck and see where it goes.  Nobody knows how many sets Lego will make from your list and all of them will still be available in the wks/months to come perhaps....this truck will be gone much sooner if Lego sticks with the 20,000 exclusive open for purchase world wide.  

If I get one it would be great...but won't get depressed if it wasn't meant to be :)   

None of 41999 nor BTTF on the Bellevue, WA shelves tonight and I am not the type to press the issue.  I'll try tonight at LEGO Shop at Home and/or go in the morning and see what's up :)

Why would it be available tonight on LEGO Shop at Home? Wouldn't it start tomorrow night at Midnight? Are all my calendars wrong haha you guys are making me feel crazy

Very cool set.  Sharp box and plate idea.  Nice investment.  But Technic sets, while popular, don't attract the interest of many other themes.  While I think it will be popular, I just don't think it will generate that much excitement with many people already owning the original.

• Like 1

Very cool set.  Sharp box and plate idea.  Nice investment.  But Technic sets, while popular, don't attract the interest of many other themes.  While I think it will be popular, I just don't think it will generate that much excitement with many people already owning the original.

This exclusive set does blow the original out of the water though. I'll give it that much.

My local store (braintree) is holding one for me until Saturday morning.

They lied to me that they sold out of the 41999 when I walked in there last night.  The clerk also said they had only 12 BTTF at the store and were all gone by Tuesday afternoon.  For some reason a lone one is on the shelf.  Seems a little shady to me.

Any other Australians online right now, waiting for the 41999 to appear at LEGO Shop at Home? Only 3 hours to go until August1 st...

I am not waiting up just for it but will keep checking in. I'm not going to be too disappointed if I miss out. Our NZ brethren should be seeing it before us if it went by timezones.