41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

20,000???

Exactly, Are the Boxes numbered example(15888/20000)

For those of you that purchased it already, what are the markings that indicates the 20,000 production run.

or are there any?    

I would like to know too. But too bad I only picked up one box yesterday, not two, and I did not look closely at the store. I only looked at the box condition, because of the 4 on display, 3 of them have heavy damaged corners. But if one of those has a better number, ....

there is a tiny 5 digit number below the barcode which is the only number I see that can be the unique number from the box. But I don't have two to compare with.

I spent over $2k there last month---Jen takes care of me when I call her.  It's not a raffle.  She needs to make her numbers, and she helps me make mine.  Be friendly with your Lego managers!  And bring a cute kid with you in a ninjago shirt when you go!  It opens a lot of doors, and a lot of boxes in the stock room back there!

The saving grace is someone from the Natick store was there that night and told me to call tomorrow morning to have them hold one for me.  I'll see how that goes.  Both Burlington and Natick told me they only got the building one out back and won't take them out until tomorrow morning. 

The cute kid strategy only works for you if you have a couple small children, I'll need to speed up growth for my 1 month old nephew.

post-14913-0-99888900-1375303394_thumb.j

Just got back from my local Lego store and picked up 2 Crawler. They had 4 on shelves with some on back. I told the guy if I can buy two and he said it was only one per customer but I can come back later on and buy it from another sales clerk instead of him so I came back a half an hour later and picked up another one.

attachicon.gifTechnic Crawler.JPG

Just got back from my local Lego store and picked up 2 Crawler. They had 4 on shelves with some on back. I told the guy if I can buy two and he said it was only one per customer but I can come back later on and buy it from another sales clerk instead of him so I came back a half an hour later and picked up another one.

This only proves that the rules they set in place are completely unenforceable...

can't see from the picture. but what is the 5 digit number below the number 6 of the barcode on the lower left? thanks.

Did you use the same VIP card for the 2 transactions?

He also mentioned to me that he was just sent a lot of HH's (A LOT), which he was surprised about because he says he only moves about one every 3 weeks.

Hmm...that's interesting hopefully that's isolated to that store alone (errie bubble talk).  If those are not moving and we are all hogging these sets, does that explain why TLG is trying to limit us by sacrificing revenue short term for brand protection in the long run? 

I picked up 2 41999s today at my Lego store. There were 3 in total. The cashier didnt mention anything about limits and I didnt ask. He let me do 2 separate transactions bc I had 2 coupons. Got 2 Hot Dog Cart polybags. Used my VIP card for both. I havent looked at the numbers on the box yet. I will post later if I notice anything that would indicate the license plate number.

I picked up 2 41999s today at my Lego store. There were 3 in total. The cashier didnt mention anything about limits and I didnt ask. He let me do 2 separate transactions bc I had 2 coupons. Got 2 Hot Dog Cart polybags. Used my VIP card for both. I havent looked at the numbers on the box yet. I will post later if I notice anything that would indicate the license plate number.

Kind of lends to the fact that we had thought it would probably not be enforced everywhere.

i bought two today at the lego store at Hillsdale Mall and both were on my VIP card, one transaction.  they had no issue and just rang me up.  also both UPCs are the same, and the numbers on the lego price stickers are all the same as well on both boxes.   i looked all around the boxes and i did not see any unique #s to the boxes to identify they are xxxxx out of 20,000.  

i bought two today at the lego store at Hillsdale Mall and both were on my VIP card, one transaction.  they had no issue and just rang me up.  also both UPCs are the same, and the numbers on the lego price stickers are all the same as well on both boxes.   i looked all around the boxes and i did not see any unique #s to the boxes to identify they are xxxxx out of 20,000.  

Perhaps this is an indication that it won't be limited?

Thanks for clearing up a major point to this set. 

In order for it to be worth its potential, it must be numbered, otherwise, they can just keep producing it and no one can question it.

They can make 200,000.  who is checking?  Any Lego Police out there?

Next step is for someone to open it and let us know if there is a letter or something indicating limited production run of 20,000.

Without any of these indicators, the "20,000" can mean anything.

20,000 for usa

20,000 for uk

20,000 for germany

20,000 first production run. etc.......

I was planning on getting 5 or more, but now, without these labels, ??