41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

There sure is a dearth of humor in some of our lives.  It would make a lego investor "laugh so hard" if lego performed a distribution supply move detrimental to lego investors?  Another member thought it was would be hilarious if orc forge production was resumed to burn investors who already invested in the set.

Hmm....I usually watch the marx brothers or larry david for my humor---I don't really understand this weird lego humor some of you speak of.

Laughing isn't always a good/funny thing. In the context I presented it in it was basically an "lol f*** our lives" kind of dark humor.

Everyone here seems be a conspiracy theorist lately... everyone is out to get them and the like.

Even a release like this that SHOULD have people excited is clouded by everyone trying to figure out how and when LEGO decides to screw them. :alien:

I have to admit, this added risk of S@H banning increases the challenge level and my enjoyment of LEGO bargain huntings.   Yeah I am sick that way... :P

This whole TLG crack down is pretty new though, it is understandable how some people question every single move TLG makes from that point on.

Impossible to get it in/from italy?

I couldn't find it. Shop-at-Home for Italy also said "Page not found". Sorry.

They should do this kind of tactic for SDCC exclusive minifigs and effectively disturb the secondary market for those things.

Why not? Lego complains about these exclusive minifigures ending up on eBay then why don't they release those within a regular set anyone could purchase. That way the secondary prices plummet and the minifigures really did end up in the hands of kids afterall. Nothing shady about it and reseller problem solved.

This whole TLG crack down is pretty new though, it is understandable how some people question every single move TLG makes from that point on.

They were semi-sorta being restrictive with resellers last year. It's only now they are getting downright strict with enforcing rules they already had in place for a while.

I couldn't find it. Shop-at-Home for Italy also said "Page not found". Sorry.

Actually, if you look for the DeLorean, MKII or Service Truck you'll also get no results. At least that's in Spain's site. And we know those 3 will hit all the sites.

I called my LEGO store this morning and they were out of 41999 merely an hour after they opened.  Good thing I called before spending time driving through lunch hour traffic.  There is no way an investor with a day job can compete with this

Interesting. Mine seemed to be pretty well stocked and I didn't get there that early either.

Guest ph4tb0i

I called my LEGO store this morning and they were out of 41999 merely an hour after they opened.  Good thing I called before spending time driving through lunch hour traffic.  There is no way an investor with a day job can compete with this

That's why it's important to set up good relationships at one if not a couple of stores. 

When I go to a Lego store I don't usually buy mass quantities, so they see me as an enthusiastic collector and will go out of their way to make sure I get what I want (e.***. holding stock in the back for me). :) That way you can do your day job and not worry about Mr./Ms. Hoarder coming in and taking everything off the shelves. 

I don't think I've seen a topic on this forum quite as active as this one. I'm getting alerts about replies every 10 minutes it seems.....

Judging by the activity on this thread alone they'll be sold out of this set in less than a day.

True that... I got off of BrickPicker at about 4:30 pm yesterday, and I got exactly 54 emails from this topic alone. I also got about 150 emails in total from various other threads.

I just finished building mine and it is f***ing cool. Debating if I should get another one or save my money to collect some more tower bridges. Opinions?

I have a question for you. Can you look at the number below the barcode on the box? What is it? mine has a 5 digit number. I wonder if it could be the unique number. It is very unlikely but I still want to see if it is possible to know the number without opening it.

I have a question for you. Can you look at the number below the barcode on the box? What is it? mine has a 5 digit number. I wonder if it could be the unique number. It is very unlikely but I still want to see if it is possible to know the number without opening it.

I just compared my box and the one my dad bought at it is the same bar code #

I just compared my box and the one my dad bought at it is the same bar code #

Thanks. The 5 digit number below the bar code is the same? :-( there is the only number I see around the box that can remotely be the unique number.

the 5 digit number is tiny on the lower left below the barcode (below the number 6). Can you look at it one more time? thanks.

Just left my Bay Area lego store and they said they got a lot of them in and they were told yesterday they could display them early, even though he had told me on the weekend they couldn't display them until Aug 1st. He asked how many I wanted (didn't seem to be enforcing a limit) and I asked for two and he gave me those two in the actual shipping box they came in. Took my VIP Point discount and walked out with two 41999's!! Very happy!! I plan on building one and might consider another, but I think I might pick up a tower bridge and HH before I do...

On a side note, he says they've been selling really well these last 24 hours and he has lots more to sell!

He also mentioned to me that he was just sent a lot of HH's (A LOT), which he was surprised about because he says he only moves about one every 3 weeks.

He also said that the New Sydney opera house will be a VIP exclusive starting around Aug 15th. He says he just learned that today. Just in case anyone was wondering, thought I'd share.

• Like 1

Just left my Bay Area lego store and they said they got a lot of them in and they were told yesterday they could display them early, even though he had told me on the weekend they couldn't display them until Aug 1st. He asked how many I wanted (didn't seem to be enforcing a limit) and I asked for two and he gave me those two in the actual shipping box they came in. Took my VIP Point discount and walked out with two 41999's!! Very happy!! I plan on building one and might consider another, but I think I might pick up a tower bridge and HH before I do...

On a side note, he says they've been selling really well these last 24 hours and he has lots more to sell!

He also mentioned to me that he was just sent a lot of HH's (A LOT), which he was surprised about because he says he only moves about one every 3 weeks.

He also said that the New Sydney opera house will be a VIP exclusive starting around Aug 15th. He says he just learned that today. Just in case anyone was wondering, thought I'd share.

Great info, Rafcon, especially the rumor about Sydney Opera House being a available to VIPs August 15.  I may be grabbing that one early...

Probably a promotion for the Haunted House in the works? Especially as we approach Halloween.

A HH promotion ... that would be great news.  

By the way, for what it is worth, my Manhattan Lego contact said that he had no idea when HH will be retired.  However, he believed that HH would be available at least through next year.

What I think they could do, and this is total conjecture on my end as I haven't read anything official about this release, is make the first 20,000 copies limited---ooh, my license # 18439 is unique, whoopee! yeah!---once those 20,000 are sold, hey no more license plate #.  Or change the box.  Companies do this crap all the time.  Weren't the first 10179s given a certificate?

I'd still like one, but don't think it's worth too much extra effort on my end.  20,000 of anything is still a lot and hardly "limited".

The first 10179's were given a Certificate of Authenticity (COA). After those sets ran out, they sold the 10179, with no COA.

A HH promotion ... that would be great news.  

By the way, for what it is worth, my Manhattan Lego contact said that he had no idea when HH will be retired.  However, he believed that HH would be available at least through next year.

Speculation.  But knowing Lego, a sale would be $150 instead of $180, which isn't really bad, but not great.