41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

This isn't going to be a US only thing is it? The product page isn't up for me yet......

Was just wondering the same thing.  Isn't up for me yet either and I tried switching S@H regions a few times and nothing but the US came up with a results page for the set.  :sweat:

The other wild card is the regular crawler... will people pay a premium for a license plate and the color blue? If this sells out people looking for a crawler can just buy the regular set. Perhaps this is what Lego is looking for to prop up sales of the regular crawler. Any heavyweights weigh in?

I think that is entirely possible.  I think this set, along with the Architecture Studio set, are both trying to push the themes that they fall in.  It will be interesting to see how both do and whether they ever see any discounts?

What the heck? Has anyone done the math...4 million dollars worth? Did it in my head...didn't seem right..sure enough. 4 million in revenue for just this set issue. They will all be sold...quickly I am betting. At least this might give us an idea to extrapolate how many of each set they print..by watching how fast....or slow...it takes the market to soak up 20k of these. It's not much...since it's a collector's edition and "rare"....and not a popular theme....but it will be a very rarely given data point into how many they print and sell in how much time.

• Like 1

What the heck? Has anyone done the math...4 million dollars worth? Did it in my head...didn't seem right..sure enough. 4 million in revenue for just this set issue. They will all be sold...quickly I am betting. At least this might give us an idea to extrapolate how many of each set they print..by watching how fast....or slow...it takes the market to soak up 20k of these. It's not much...since it's a collector's edition and "rare"....and not a popular theme....but it will be a very rarely given data point into how many they print and sell in how much time.

This might be one to actually keep track of how long (days? months?) it takes for it to retire?  I'm sure there will be some interesting data points to collect, as well as it might tell us a thing or two about the resellers/investment market.

I am trying to picture 20k sets....and it isn't much. By looking at it...I am guessing using existing shelving my lego store could fit ~800 of them. So 25 lego stores full...for a worldwide audience. If they limit it to 5...I bet it would sell out in a week. Limit to 1...not sure...a month?

Guys, I don't get why people keep saying Technic is not a popular theme... 

It's been around for quite a few years without a significant break, and its larger sets have some of the best overall ROI.... 

I have made a crap ton of money buying and selling Technic sets especially the harder to find larger dollar sets!

This set will hands down be a sure investment winner in my opinion. 

I don't care if you guys all go out and buy a lot of them. I'm sure there are over 20,000 technic fans who will have to have this set in the world. I'll be happy getting my ten or so. 

I am trying to locate LP using pictures.....Is it upfront or on a back of the truck? Nothing visible.

LEGO stated:  And as an extra special detail, each of the 20,000 examples of this exclusive edition model features a unique license plate number, so no two models are the same!
Numbers from 1 to 20k???
I would like to see smaller # for mine. like 00001 or 00010, 
Question: Is it possible to see LP # without opening my set?
Post your number if you got it....thanks.

Cool.  Will add more value showing the actual set number.  I wonder how much you can sell the plate just by parting it out haha.  Keep the truck and sell the plate...it's not a crazy idea and some collector would want a lower plate number.  Or some creative person will source out those technic plates and make replicas to sell.  

Pretty sure in the Europe/Asia continent people pay loads of cash to get the lowest actual plate number to signify class/wealth/vanity etc.  Billionaires, government agents.  Sorry to be off topic ;)       

20k just seems so low a number to me...especially since many of us want to be 2-5 units. Though...we are an investing site..not the real market...things are skewed here. I think they will put 5k into us distro....and the other 15k go to online and row distro. So say 10-12k are slated for lego.com. I bet they would sell quick if the usual limit of 5 is imposed. I bet the whole batch is complete and ready to ship.

It's all just (fun) speculation. Anybody else hazard a guess? If it's really one per account or one per address....that will really slow it down.

A day? Man....that's tough to fathom...esp. if it's only ******/a and limited purchases. How many may 4+5 bwings were sold....I guess 20k or more with tru sales added in. But there was more interest and publicity for that. this is going to be extremely interesting.