41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

It's already at the Lego store.  They have at least 5 as they stocked 4 deep.  I picked up 1 and went back later on when I decide to get more just incase you guys sweep up everything ;).  The plate is number xxxxx of 20,000 so I doubt they'll make more unless they have a different color.  The sad part is you don't know what number of 20k it is unless you open it. 

It is priced at 199 and you get the hotdog stand for free.  The Lego store got all the stuff that suppose to start selling on August 1st.  They had 12 the Back to the Futures that ran out back on Wednesday.  I checked shop at home and it's not listed on the website like all the Aug 1st new releases so it might be in store only.

I don't see this advertised at lego like the bttf set... Bttf indicates August 1st... Wad anyone able to find it on their page with a start date?

Being a limited release, I think that Lego wants to catch everyone off guard with this.

Being a limited release, I think that Lego wants to catch everyone off guard with this.

I'm newer to this, but I've never seen the website avoid showing anything about a release days before it is available... maybe a lego vet can speak to this...

I talked to the store reps and they say Aug 1st too, but always look at me strange when I ask "when are you putting out the 41999 limited edition crawler." They usually respond with, "New sets are set to hit the shelf Aug 1st, but we were allowed to put out many of them this week..."

strange...

Anyone have a rough idea what legi might produce of large non limited edition technic sets? Sets such as the 8043? I called one store and theu indicated item will not be in stock till the first.

Well the Unimog and normal 4x4 Technic Crawler have been out for a while, and the new Mobile Crane MKII is about to be released

It is priced at 199 and you get the hotdog stand for free.  The Lego store got all the stuff that suppose to start selling on August 1st.  They had 12 the Back to the Futures that ran out back on Wednesday.  I checked shop at home and it's not listed on the website like all the Aug 1st new releases so it might be in store only.

hot dog stand promo*

*LEGO

Anyone else looking at the idea of Lego limiting resellers yet launching a set with a 20,000 production limit as being massively hypocritical...

In a way, yes. It's like those Comic-Con exclusive minifigures. Lego is seriously kidding themselves if they actually believe they can keep those in the hands of kids or people who truly want them for their own collection and not end up on eBay. If they wish to combat resellers, then how about they finally release the San Diego Comic-Con Green Lantern from 2011 or the latest Spider-Woman in a regular and accessible for everyone set? How about more Mr. Golds for people to find?

Even if the ratio for Collectible Minigure boxes are odd (six 2'ers, six 4'ers, and four 6'ers), it is manageable for just about anyone to find the one they want by using certain methods.

In a way, yes. It's like those Comic-Con exclusive minifigures. Lego is seriously kidding themselves if they actually believe they can keep those in the hands of kids or people who truly want them for their own collection and not end up on eBay. If they want to combat resellers, then how about they finally release the San Diego Comic-Con Green Lantern from 2011 or the latest Spider-Woman in a regular and accessible for everyone set? How about more Mr. Golds for people to find?

Even if the ratio for Collectible Minigure boxes are odd (six 2'ers, six 4'ers, and four 6'ers), it is manageable for just about anyone to find the one they want by using certain methods.

They are terrible odds for the CMF. There is plenty of hypocrisy all round IF it is part of their motif.

How much were the Ice Cream Cart polybags?

They are terrible odds for the CMF. There is plenty of hypocrisy all round IF it is part of their motif.

It was better when the ratio was generally 3, 4, 5 as talked about before. With 16 different minifigures and 60 per box, there could have been 4 of each one with only 4 extras left over and those could be any random character to toss in there. That would have made things more equal for everybody and four complete sets from one box sounds good to me.

Initially I see why they did the smaller (and current) 2, 4, 6 ratio due to trying smaller boxes of 30, but I had only seen that size used once for Series 9. I saw cases for Series 10 and they went back to the regular size 60s. So wait a minute, Lego made such a drastic change in the character ratio for a new box size they only tried out once? Oh great....

....The new ratio sucks.

How much were the Ice Cream Cart polybags?

$3.99 from either retailer, Target and Walmart.