41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I don't think this will go up until late tomorrow, at the earliest.

Will this be a midnight launch? Or will they list it midday Thursday?

This is exactly what I thought, a few posts back you can find them.

Anyways, I'll stay up late to get the Crawler.

Side note, at least on Spain's LEGO Shop at Home site none of the newest models have been listed.

Hi guys!  I totally lucked out.  I went to our local mall in Kansas City for some errands and of course stopped by the lego store.  They had 2 of the 41999 Crawler Exclusive on the shelves.  And they let me buy both of them.  They also had 7 BTTF Delorean's but they would only let me buy 1 of them.  I also saw 42009 (Mobile Crane) and bought two of those.  That was a heavy load to carry back to the car through a mall!

One thing that is interesting about the 41999 Exclusive is that the box is special.  I don't know exactly how to describe it, but it is like the box is different than other set boxes.  It has a different thickness and the surface feels different.  I really want to open and build one of them, but can't make myself do it since I am investing.

Another interesting point is that my lego store only received 9 of them... they went out yesterday morning, and by 1:30pm they only had the 2 left that I purchased.  These are going to sell out quickly for a while at least I am sure.

So the point of this post was that it felt like I hit a jackpot by being able to buy these sets a couple of days before the official launch.  And I can tell you that they are VERY impressive sets in person.  (In the box)

It would probably be worth your time to go to your local lego store and find a surprise waiting for you to grab!

Hi guys!  I totally lucked out.  I went to our local mall in Kansas City for some errands and of course stopped by the lego store.  They had 2 of the 41999 Crawler Exclusive on the shelves.  And they let me buy both of them.  They also had 7 BTTF Delorean's but they would only let me buy 1 of them.  I also saw 42009 (Mobile Crane) and bought two of those.  That was a heavy load to carry back to the car through a mall!

One thing that is interesting about the 41999 Exclusive is that the box is special.  I don't know exactly how to describe it, but it is like the box is different than other set boxes.  It has a different thickness and the surface feels different.  I really want to open and build one of them, but can't make myself do it since I am investing.

Another interesting point is that my lego store only received 9 of them... they went out yesterday morning, and by 1:30pm they only had the 2 left that I purchased.  These are going to sell out quickly for a while at least I am sure.

So the point of this post was that it felt like I hit a jackpot by being able to buy these sets a couple of days before the official launch.  And I can tell you that they are VERY impressive sets in person.  (In the box)

It would probably be worth your time to go to your local lego store and find a surprise waiting for you to grab!

I am gonna have to wait for the online posting... :(

Can you post a picture of the box?

Apparently Lego is not being consistent with their exclusion policies.  Apparently at my local store the limit is one set per FAMILY.  So someone else with the same last name bought a set and I wasn't allowed to. 

I can't actually believe a company would do something so ludicrous...

Why did they need your last name? 

Sucks if your name is "Smith"

:D Same last name as 2.5 million others in the USA. Same goes for the last name "Johnson", with 2 million people. I don't see how LEGO can assume that you live in the same household as someone, just because you have the same last name, and happen to be the same race. What is LEGO turning into?!

• Like 1

Guest ph4tb0i

Talked to the sales people at my neighbourhood store and they should be getting these in tomorrow night, weekend latest. I asked to have one put on hold for me as well as a Delorean. :D

One of those rare times I feel so excited buying a Lego set that's not for sale. haha.