75365    Yavin IV    1067 Pieces
75366    LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar    320 Pieces
75367    Venator Star Destroyer    5374 Pieces
75368    Darth Vader Mech    139 Pieces
75369    Boba Fett Mech    155 Pieces
75370    Stormtrooper Mech    138 Pieces
75371    Chewbacca Bust    2320 Pieces

• Like 2

Not a single Disney sequel trilogy set. Unless Disney reinvests in the movie franchise Star Wars may be in its last days. At least as a Disney property. If Indy 5 underperforms Disney May offload Lucasfilm to the highest bidder. 

Edited by Mathew
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Not a single Disney sequel trilogy set. Unless Disney reinvests in the movie franchise Star Wars may be in its last days. At least as a Disney property. If Indy 5 underperforms Disney May offload Lucasfilm to the highest bidder. 

Disney has an entire section of a theme park devoted to Star Wars and a very expensive hotel. Star Wars is not going anywhere. Indy could go but I doubt it. I imagine we will see most of the new Star Wars sets based on the new content and the older things will be produced in Anniversary years like the current 40th of ROTJ.

4 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I could see Iger 2.0 focused on theme parks exclusively and sell off everything else Lucasfilm.   Theme parks are about all Disney does well nowadays.  But even there they have faltered in recent years. 

Iger was the person behind Disney purchasing LucasFilm.  Selling it when he is still CEO would be admitting defeat.  Also, Disney bought LF for $4 billions and the 3 sequels grossed like $4.5 billions, so most people already think Disney made their money back.  Why break that assumption ? :whistle:

Like you said Disney is doing well on theme parks.  Surely people are stepping on each other's heads to get in to SW expansions at their theme parks.  :whistle:

As for LEGO sets, they are probably just waiting for 10th anniversary of the most successful movie in the franchise. :whistle:

43 minutes ago, rastascoob said:

Disney has an entire section of a theme park devoted to Star Wars and a very expensive hotel. Star Wars is not going anywhere. Indy could go but I doubt it. I imagine we will see most of the new Star Wars sets based on the new content and the older things will be produced in Anniversary years like the current 40th of ROTJ.

How much longer can Disney rely on the OT to make “new” Star Wars content?  More to the point is there a future for Star Wars without a Skywalker character. 

1 minute ago, Mathew said:

What sets are they going to release from TFA?  Another Falcon? 🤷‍♂️

Half pillaged Star Destroyer stuck in the sands diorama. 

Brick build of that orange alien with goggles. 

UCS orange X-Wing. 

Brick build Rey's staff. 

Kylo vs computer panels diorama.

So many options.... :whistle:

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Half pillaged Star Destroyer stuck in the sands diorama. 

Brick build of that orange alien with goggles. 

UCS orange X-Wing. 

Brick build Rey's staff. 

Kylo vs computer panels diorama.

So many options.... :whistle:

😂 proved my point 

9 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

C'mon now.  That Kylo vs computer diorama really has a chance.  Which other SW bad (or good) guy ever faced stationary computer panels and won so decisively ? It was a "Flawless Victory" if I may borrow from another franchise :whistle:

image.png.951871820d5e845bef1a37b4feb8a2b9.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cladner said:

I believe it when I see the trailer for it. 

LucasFilms is known for canceling projects AFTER they were announced.  Last year (or was it 2021?), they announced Rogue Squadron series with the director of Wonder Woman movies posing in front of jets.  That thing was canceled before production. :P

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I believe it when I see the trailer for it. 

LucasFilms is known for canceling projects AFTER they were announced.  Last year (or was it 2021?), they announced Rogue Squadron series with the director of Wonder Woman movies posing in front of jets.  That thing was canceled before production. :P

The only one I really could care about is the Jedi origin movie. But that will probably be canceled if Indy 5 underperforms. 

Without Luke I’m not sure how many people care the about Rey Skywalker saga. 

And the Filoni film sounds like filler better suited to streaming. 

Edited by Mathew