Star Wars 2023

brickvoyeur

I don't recall last year's combo pack going lower than $50. If it did, let me know because I'm thinking this is going to be as good as it gets for this particular bundle. Perhaps there may be better deal later on overall for getting them seprately.

That's not to question wether or not it is of any value to get these sets to begin with. But hey...someone will buy it one day.

This combo set is 45% off of the MSRP for the three sets individually.  How likely do you think it will be to find these three Star Wars sets in essentially unlimited quantity (assuming you're willing to grind out multiple orders) for 45% off?  Seems like kind of a no-brainer to me.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, redcell said:

This combo set is 45% off of the MSRP for the three sets individually.  How likely do you think it will be to find these three Star Wars sets in essentially unlimited quantity (assuming you're willing to grind out multiple orders) for 45% off?  Seems like kind of a no-brainer to me.

Agreed. Unless these become another 

image.png.ae68000b57bbb59ab8ec019d30b196c3.png

image.png.6988c319a5350c641b38ed75cfceb839.png

19 minutes ago, redcell said:

I am getting too picky for this, but I think the success of these sets would rely on popularity of Mando season 3.  

Just now, redcell said:

Sure, but you could say that about any set these days.

for shaw

but this bundling has my spidey senses tingling of a mega overstock.

There werent many sets amazon had for 50% off for a while last year. HH was one of them. I went deep cuz after all its a great set. 10 months post retirement and amazon still has mountains full apparently.

8 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

for shaw

but this bundling has my spidey senses tingling of a mega overstock.

There werent many sets amazon had for 50% off for a while last year. HH was one of them. I went deep cuz after all its a great set. 10 months post retirement and amazon still has mountains full apparently.

For as long as I can remember, there has been at least one combo bundle each year around xmas time and I can't remember it ever being indicative of overproduction.  Time will tell, but I think that a lot of what we've seen over the last two years in terms of inventory being available long after retirement has a significant amount to do with LEGO's supply chain disruptions, which have largely been worked out at this point.  

The one downside of these bundles is they aren't indexed on Amazon. I don't' think you can split these into their individual boxes either so you'll be stuck selling them on ebay.
I thought last year's bundles did have each individual box in them. Could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

I thought last year's bundles did have each individual box in them. Could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Yeah, these multipacks have always had all the little boxes in them in my memory, used to get similar ones but like shrink wrapped in the 90s

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 6:02 AM, exciter1 said:

I'm still waiting on the Tie Bomber.

I take it the Tie Bomber isn't original trilogy based and is based one one of these terrible disney plus shows they keep cranking out.  Also, it's long past time for them to remake Vaders Tie Fighter also from the original trilogy.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I take it the Tie Bomber isn't original trilogy based and is based one one of these terrible disney plus shows they keep cranking out.  Also, it's long past time for them to remake Vaders Tie Fighter also from the original trilogy.

LEGO kept remaking these original trilogy based sets.  Where is the creativity?  I heard the last SW movie from JJ Abrams was $1 billion success.  Time to get more sets based on that movie...

🤭🤭🤭

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

LEGO kept remaking these original trilogy based sets.  Where is the creativity?  I heard the last SW movie from JJ Abrams was $1 billion success.  Time to get more sets based on that movie...

🤭🤭🤭

A OT version of Vader’s tie fighter was last released in 2009.   There was that one two pack from rebels.   But it would be nice to see them rerelease a version that’s a new hope version.

Sequel trilogy sets just won’t sell like a popular OT sets will. That’s just reality.  I even think most Disney plus Star Wars sets are toxic dead ends and are horrible as investments.  They won’t have much collectibility to them, just like most of the sequel sets haven’t gone too far up in value.

57 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

A OT version of Vader’s tie fighter was last released in 2009.   There was that one two pack from rebels.   But it would be nice to see them rerelease a version that’s a new hope version.

Sequel trilogy sets just won’t sell like a popular OT sets will. That’s just reality.  I even think most Disney plus Star Wars sets are toxic dead ends and are horrible as investments.  They won’t have much collectibility to them, just like most of the sequel sets haven’t gone too far up in value.

Oh c'mon now.  It is a 1 Billion dollars movie.  Surely there are some fans who dream about creating an army of LEGO space horses :P

What are folks thoughts on the Ahsoka and Dooku shorts?

Lego relevant would be a new Jedi Shuttle (red one w/ wings that go vertical to horizontal)...also the likely highlighted ship for the Ahsoka series coming up.

The Dooku stuff seems a bit dark...and essentially just filled in some of the blanks that weren't particularly significant.

I enjoyed the Dooku stuff. It's nice to see QGJ. The backstory wasn't surprising, but still fun to watch. I liked the exchange at the end of the Windu episode. My main criticism is that Yaddle didn't just flee back to the Council; could've stopped everything. I'm kind of just "head-cannoning" that into she knew she'd already been sensed and wouldn't be allowed to escape... or something.

It'd be nice if we were to receive young Dooku vs. Yaddle in Lego. Young Qui-Gon can be made pretty easily using his normal figure, a shaven face, and Jim Halpert's hair. The Shuttle would be good as a set, definitely. There are (at least) two versions: (1) The Clone Wars one we received in Lego. (2) The one Ahsoka used in Rebels appears to match (or be much closer to) the one Dooku was using.

I haven't seen Ep 6 yet since I watched the series with my daughter & she hasn't seen RotS yet. I definitely used the training episode to help explain why I'm hard on my daughter sometimes lol. Her favorite was baby Ahsoka but that's the 1 ep that I didn't like:

To me, the force is most often a metaphor for real life. The Jedi Mind Trick is simply being adept at convincing to weak minds; it's a bit more complicated than a hand wave in real life, but it does an effective job of communicating the concept to kids. Likewise, some people are more adept at connecting to animals. But I don't think a 1-yr old baby would be particularly effectively at quelling an angry and hungry predator, nor is it something we come to learn is a skill of Ahsoka when she ages (e.g. Ezra as a teen & young adult). Not the right age, not the right person for it to make it believable, even in-universe.