Star Wars 2023

brickvoyeur

4 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

It was the worst one yet by far. I bailed on it like 3 times but went back on rainy days and struggled to finish it. Perhaps kids like the comical battle scenes more. 

It was so close to the Rebels and Clone Wars material, I enjoyed it. Although, Ezra, Huyang, and Baylan Skoll were probably the best characters.  That's not good for a show called Ahsoka.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

It was the worst one yet by far. I bailed on it like 3 times but went back on rainy days and struggled to finish it. Perhaps kids like the comical battle scenes more. 

Worse than Boba??

I think all the shows have been pretty bad.  Starting with he Anikin episode I thought Ahsoka improved a bit, but probably just because it concentrated on better characters at that point.  I had thought Mando was the best one until my son just had me start watching Andor a couple weeks ago.  imo, that's a good show.  No stupid lines, long periods of silence to just watch eye candy, no dumb displays of girl power, or anything unrealistic or probable.  Actually good acting!  It lacks all the big names, iconic places, and space ships and yet is way more captivating.

Edited by gmpirate

26 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It was so close to the Rebels and Clone Wars material, I enjoyed it. Although, Ezra, Huyang, and Baylan Skoll were probably the best characters.  That's not good for a show called Ahsoka.

1 minute ago, gmpirate said:

Worse than Boba??

I did not know you needed to watch the cartoons first, which I didn't, but YES, way worse. Terrible script, horrible acting, weak storyline and battle scenes were Meh. Perhaps if you are home sick on the couch or there is a good snow storm give it a try. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I did not know you needed to watch the cartoons first, which I didn't, but YES, way worse. Terrible script, horrible acting, weak storyline and battle scenes were Meh. Perhaps if you are home sick on the couch or there is a good snow storm give it a try. 

I think not knowing the backstory for some of those plot lines killed the enjoyment for many.

• Like 1

super lame actors killed it.

ahsoka is super boring super smug, zero personality

same for sabine wren.

100% arrogance 0% personality 0% likeability.

Ahsoka from rebels was SUPER likeable and such a dynamic personality. same for sabine.

kaynen dude also lame. and their reunion was awful

ye im a hater 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

same for sabine wren.

Ahsoka from rebels was SUPER likeable and such a dynamic personality. same for sabine.

ye im a hater 

It was difficult for me to explain space whales to my wife, who hasn't watched Rebels.  😅

I have to say the production on the show was very well done, it didn't feel as confined as past shows filmed in the volume they did well with the CGI and space battles.

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

same for sabine wren.

ye im a hater 

shoe horning Sabine as a pouty Jedi was the worse part from a "purist" view. She was a Lady Mandalorian, she was a bad ass, and she was an artist...that should have been enough.

The early stage is promising for turning Thrawn into the next big baddy

21 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I thought the show was horrible 

For the most part I thought it was decent, but the final lightsaber battle with the 3 jedi before Ezra finally makes it to the Star Destroyer was some sort of piece of ****.  The choreography, or whatever  you want to call what Ahsoka was doing, was so stupid, I couldn't believe that it made it to screen.  I can get behind zombie stormies and such if the plot is laid down properly, but they really need to go back and learn how to do saber fights, because these fight scenes were laughable.  

10 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

For the most part I thought it was decent, but the final lightsaber battle with the 3 jedi before Ezra finally makes it to the Star Destroyer was some sort of piece of ****.  The choreography, or whatever  you want to call what Ahsoka was doing, was so stupid, I couldn't believe that it made it to screen.  I can get behind zombie stormies and such if the plot is laid down properly, but they really need to go back and learn how to do saber fights, because these fight scenes were laughable.  

The broad sword style Ray Stevenson was using was the most convincing. He obviously was easier to train from his years of experience with Rome.

21 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I think not knowing the backstory for some of those plot lines killed the enjoyment for many.

Sh*t hit the fan the way the map puzzle was solved very only on and it never got better from there. The contrivances, character actions/decision , and deus ex machina are something else even by Disney Star Wars standards.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2023 at 7:06 AM, exciter1 said:

The broad sword style Ray Stevenson was using was the most convincing. He obviously was easier to train from his years of experience with Rome.

I thought the fights with him and Ahsoka were fine, just something about that last fight that was just pathetic.  IDK, maybe they don't worry about the choreography much anymore, but these fights were nothing like Ep3 Anakin/Obi-Wan, which might be the best ever.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I thought the fights with him and Ahsoka were fine, just something about that last fight that was just pathetic.  IDK, maybe they don't worry about the choreography much anymore, but these fights were nothing like Ep3 Anakin/Obi-Wan, which might be the best ever.

Hayden is well trained too and it still comes across when he handles the lightsaber action.

Most of the comments here echoed what I heard on youtube, so congratulations on becoming incel Star Wars haters...LOL :D

Or maybe the quality of SW shows is objectively declining.  This is concerning since I still have a lot of SW related sets in my basement. 

I am not sure if Disney realize the bad writings for these shows are going to cause decline in demand for SW merchandise. Brand synergy works both ways.

• Like 1

I have to agree with @gmpirate that Andor is the best Star Wars series thus far, and I don't know that it's particularly close.  Season 1 of Mando comes in second (started really strong and then tapered off), but I don't think Ahsoka is anywhere near as bad as Book of Boba.  

I comment on this as someone who watched TCW and Rebels, and while I love that Ahsoka really rewards those of us who are familiar with these characters, I do think that it's also a downfall of the series.  Instead of 30-40 minutes, these episodes should have all been 50-70 minutes.  That time could have been used to flesh out so much of the show - character backgrounds (including the whales), plot development (the idea that Ahsoka stopped training Sabine because she was concerned about Sabine's anger is fascinating and understandable!), and greater exposition on the then-current status of the Filoni-verse.  

That said, I do think there's hope for Star Wars.  There's going to be a S4 of Mando, and almost certainly a S2 of Ahsoka.  The loss of Ray Stevenson is huge as his was the most interesting character in the series, and whatever he's looking for on Peredia, it ain't good...but it's gonna be a good story.  Thrawn is a great character, and hopefully the rumors are true that Timothy Zahn is coming onboard to help with the character's writing/development.  And I hold out some hope that Ahsoka the White is going to be a better character in S2 - hopefully Dawson will bring back some of the joy that is so inherent in the character.  The eventual Flioni movie could be really great, full of a lot of characters that we care about - Mando, Grogu, Ahsoka, Thrawn, Baylen Skoll, etc - and maybe some honestly interesting storylines.