Star Wars 2023

brickvoyeur

You know, I hate the Star Wars Mechs far less than I thought I was going to. I DO think it's weird they didn't have a natural "Good Guy" or Enemy Mech that you could get to pit them head to head, I mean there's no reason a Storm Trooper can't fight Boba Fett or whatever, but it seems like it would have made more sense to have some sort of matching "Good Guy" mech to go against each "Bad Guy" mech. Luke/Obi-Wan for Vader, a Rebel Trooper or Pilot for the Stormtrooper, Han or whatever for Boba.

Just seems like an odd choice. If I were a kid, I'd want to have these bad boys go at it! The first wave of Marvel Mechs had Iron Man/Thanos, Spider Man - Then the Venommech (Vs Spiderjet) but you could improvise. Anyway.

22 minutes ago, Achilles said:

it would have made more sense to have some sort of matching "Good Guy" mech to go against each "Bad Guy" mech. Luke/Obi-Wan for Vader, a Rebel Trooper or Pilot for the Stormtrooper, Han or whatever for Boba.

We all know that Lego would never produce a mech of the only logical "good guy" choice due to PR concerns..... the C-3PO with the golden dong.

image.thumb.png.ea5f51459d8be6a5ac15b9293c4eafa1.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

You know, I hate the Star Wars Mechs far less than I thought I was going to. I DO think it's weird they didn't have a natural "Good Guy" or Enemy Mech that you could get to pit them head to head, I mean there's no reason a Storm Trooper can't fight Boba Fett or whatever, but it seems like it would have made more sense to have some sort of matching "Good Guy" mech to go against each "Bad Guy" mech. Luke/Obi-Wan for Vader, a Rebel Trooper or Pilot for the Stormtrooper, Han or whatever for Boba.

Just seems like an odd choice. If I were a kid, I'd want to have these bad boys go at it! The first wave of Marvel Mechs had Iron Man/Thanos, Spider Man - Then the Venommech (Vs Spiderjet) but you could improvise. Anyway.

Isn't Boba a good guy now in Disney canon? 😛

On 7/19/2023 at 8:53 AM, MrToes16 said:

kind of feel like this is what I am seeing:

image.png.9cd970769ba2fbf052ca20516e63943d.png

I wonder if Disney pushed for this.  Chewie is one of the few legacy characters that is still alive through the 3 trilogies and he’s the only one at Galaxy’s Edge to have a meet and greet. Otherwise it’s a strange choice for a $200 Lego set. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mathew said:

I wonder if Disney pushed for this.  Chewie is one of the few legacy characters that is still alive through the 3 trilogies and he’s the only one at Galaxy’s Edge to have a meet and greet. Otherwise it’s a strange choice for a $200 Lego set. 

They are probably testing the water for brick build versions of the human characters.  Next one is most likely Chewie's BFF to pair it with. It will be interesting to see LEGO tackle this version of Rey. 😛

I thought the 4+ AT-ST was bad, price wise, but this - just finally saw the Young Adventures set in store. $40. 124 pieces. Same size box as comparable Minecraft Mushroom House, 272 pieces, $24.99. The boxes that were $20 a couple years ago. But inflation, ok, $25, I got it. No idea how/why they think that $35/$40 for these sets is remotely reasonable.

75358-1.jpg?202303230615

75358_alt1.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

I thought the 4+ AT-ST was bad, price wise, but this - just finally saw the Young Adventures set in store. $40. 124 pieces. Same size box as comparable Minecraft Mushroom House, 272 pieces, $24.99. The boxes that were $20 a couple years ago. But inflation, ok, $25, I got it. No idea how/why they think that $35/$40 for these sets is remotely reasonable.

75358-1.jpg?202303230615

75358_alt1.jpg

Disney is confident this new series will be a hit. What kid wouldn't identify with blue alien with purple hair 👍

• Haha 1

Are you deep on Christmas Sweater Poe from the Advent Calendar? He'll be needed to complete the sequel Falcon diorama. Swap out for moneyshot Chewbacca from the Hoth AT-ST and you'll have a solid grouping. 

Supposedly not a GWP, more seasonal like Santa's sleigh. 

image.png.b2e4227f2d9607bfa366763fcce00e81.png

Edited by brickvoyeur

• 1 month later...