Star Wars 2023

brickvoyeur

On 5/2/2023 at 7:55 PM, exracer327 said:

I couldn't believe how much the wings droop on the display set.  You don't really see it until you look straight down the body.  I like the lines of the body but those wings are a show-stopper for me right now.  I hope they come up with something useful and not ugly.

I'd be pissed off if it was on the £45 play set. It's taking the piss for a UCS set. Just got to hope that the Luke minifig ends up in a cheaper set as there is no way I'm paying for this.

On 5/6/2023 at 6:50 AM, CsabaLazlo said:

I'd be pissed off if it was on the £45 play set. It's taking the piss for a UCS set. Just got to hope that the Luke minifig ends up in a cheaper set as there is no way I'm paying for this.

They are pushing so many sets out and quality seems to have suffered.

Hulk buster which has seen a fair share of negative reviews is going for 50% off in some Asian countries. 

• Like 1

Finished 75355 last night. Didn't have either of the previous UCS X-Wings, so it's still a heck of a thing to see and build the scale. Most of it is really good. The entire S-foil setup isn't as rigid as I'd expect, but I have it displayed flying straight up anyway which negates any droop

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Is that yoda unique or can I bricklink this abomination?

It is a different Yoda than released with the swamp diorama, at least.  The legs on the one above appear to have brown feet, the one with the diorama has one solid color of the cream for the legs.  The rest or the parts look to match each other.

• Like 1

Some magazine snapshots

75359 Ahsoka's Clone Trooper Battle Pack

image.thumb.png.92284c2a071ea1c04455da23073b2822.png

Tiny Yavin base with a chubby Y-Wing. Garven Dreis (Red Leader) finally gets a minifigure. Jon Vander (Gold Leader).

Ceremony Han, Luke, and Leia. Too bad Red and Gold leaders were exploded in space by that point. They might have enjoyed the ceremony.

v.gif.628ccf707e9f89d85b4d88d3513397b4.gif

image.png.ce81aae45e762245988cf2488ef167ee.png

75360 Yoda's Jedi Starfighter 2: Electric Boogaloo. The remake you didn't think you needed, but they made anyway. 

image.png.e874a8d33af5b5e54012899957fe2571.png

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The yavin set had so much potential.  It has good minifigures, but the overall build reminds me of that Battle of Takodana set from the Force Awakens.  All these Star Wars summer wave sets are just a big pass for me.  Unfortunately, Disney just doesn't give Lego decent new content to work with, and when they pull off a OT set, it usually falls flat lately. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fossilrock said:

The yavin set had so much potential.  It has good minifigures, but the overall build reminds me of that Battle of Takodana set from the Force Awakens.  All these Star Wars summer wave sets are just a big pass for me.  Unfortunately, Disney just doesn't give Lego decent new content to work with, and when they pull off a OT set, it usually falls flat lately. 

Lego really is a hit or a miss with the play set themed sets.  Vehicles usually are right about want I want to spend money on but unless the play set is MCS level, it normally is a let down. 

I really thought Yavin IV would be a great interior hanger set perhaps with an assembly to lift a droid into an X-wing's socket, with a pilot briefing or break area (coffee droid and cups??), the hologram map table, a little crew cart to take pilots to ships, look out on the pole mounted tower with the radar gun, and a backdrop for the awards presentation. There you go Lego, I just gave yo 80% of your next MCS, free of charge.

How about that "Kenobi" battle scene set which is basically a few figs (only one new character if I remember, the yellow droid); that will be on discount soon and probably still warm shelves.

Book of Boba's Jabba's throne was well executed while fitting a lot of a large space into a medium size set though, with several figures, so Lego has potential if they pick the right material. 

A better idea for the Kenobi scene would have been a street facade with the building where a secret door reveals an entrance to a Jedi hiding space.  Include Vader, some street people, a few Stormtroopers, the yellow droid, the rebel helping, a tiny Leia (omega's body) and Kenobi.  Done deal.  Add a troop carrier or an Inquisitor ship to scale up.  Add in a 3S and 5S Inquisitors would be a bonus. More free suggestions for you Lego. Instead, wave 2 will be the ridiculous checkpoint ambush site that Kenobi could have walked around instead of having to destroy the barrier controls and include the hover truck with alien driver. (Maybe not a horrible set but a poorly devised scene)

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, TheOrcKing said:

I swear there have been more Republic Gunships than X-Wings now. I suppose though each are analogous of their respective factions or eras in the franchise.

This one is pretty lame. Smaller, no bubble turrets on the wings, a single door on each side. The minifigures are also very lackluster.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

IMG_1336.png

About bloody time they released a set that hasn't already been done a dozen times.

Really like the look of it, nice to see some colour on a star wars set. Dread to think how much it will be though, and its not even an 18+ set. I'll be surprised at under £180

2 hours ago, Graphicski said:

About bloody time they released a set that hasn't already been done a dozen times.

Really like the look of it, nice to see some colour on a star wars set. Dread to think how much it will be though, and its not even an 18+ set. I'll be surprised at under £180

140 at todays exchange rate.

• 2 weeks later...