Star Wars 2023

brickvoyeur

18 minutes ago, Mathew said:

The only one I really could care about is the Jedi origin movie. But that will probably be canceled if Indy 5 underperforms. 

Without Luke I’m not sure how many people care the about Rey Skywalker saga. 

And the Filoni film sounds like filler better suited to streaming. 

yes yes and yes.  with Iger back at the helm, Disney wants to fire up the cash printing presses to pay for his (next) exit package.

Edited by cladner
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mathew said:

The only one I really could care about is the Jedi origin movie. But that will probably be canceled if Indy 5 underperforms. 

Without Luke I’m not sure how many people care the about Rey Skywalker saga. 

And the Filoni film sounds like filler better suited to streaming. 

The one with the best chance of being made is Rey's movie.  Most likely the plan is to release it on the 10th anniversary of the franchise's highest grossing movie ever.

38 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

The one with the best chance of being made is Rey's movie.  Most likely the plan is to release it on the 10th anniversary of the franchise's highest grossing movie ever.

Unfortunately. But it’s already got KK’s fingerprints all over it.  How are they going to make it interesting.  Bring back Kylo Ren?  He was the best part of the sequels. I wonder if Mark Hamill will sign on for a force ghost cameo. He better ask for a Brando sized paycheck. 

Edited by Mathew

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

Unfortunately. But it’s already got KK’s fingerprints all over it.  How are they going to make it interesting.  Bring back Kylo Ren?  He was the best part of the sequels. I wonder if Mark Hamill will sign on for a force ghost cameo. He better ask for a Brando sized paycheck. 

TBH, I do not care enough to speculate.  Disney have enough creative people in their payroll to make something interesting (or not :P )

This will probably offend someone here but I'm saying it anyways. If you are an adult fan and still buying legos (like me) then you are going to pay to watch the new content even if deep down you resent the third trilogy's characters, plot and results.  Unless you are giving up on the whole franchise, face it you will see a new movie, maybe not on opening night in the theater but you wont wait for TNT or TBS to show it on a marathon on weekend.

I am looking forward to the Ahsoka content.  The mere mention of "heir" implied to me we are getting a Zahn version of Thrawn.  If we get the Vong with Rey as the hero, so be it.  I don't know if a Mara Jade is value added without Luke but maybe there is a gap in the third trilogy were he did meet, settle down and have some twins that were hidden away because Luke thought he would do them harm.  I don't know but Disney will need better writers and bigger imaginations then an even bigger death star to battle. 

I'm curious who the new red saber wielding guy is along with the white haired female.  Live action Rebels with Hera, Sabine, and maybe Ezra?  cool.

I'm really interested in where the Mandalorian season 3 is going (no spoilers here) Lego has some great content potential with new ships, droids and characters.

BB ended like sad note all around just like ESB so let's hope a season 3 turns it all around (again no spoilers).

Summary: Fair/Overpriced, canopy not protected, UCS Plaque is finally printed, 4 stickers that could have easily been printed, Luke Minifig is outstanding, There is a flaw in the build when displaying the wings in the open configuration pieces fall apart and Lego will be issuing a fix kit. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

Anyone else see the UCS X-Wing in person?  The one on display at my local LEGO shop, all four wings were sagging... a lot.  Not to mention the wings were separated at the ends, just like I have seen in every single video about it.

Has anyone else seen the same thing? 

I have the other two UCS X-Wings and neither of their wings droop as much.

14 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Anyone else see the UCS X-Wing in person?  The one on display at my local LEGO shop, all four wings were sagging... a lot.  Not to mention the wings were separated at the ends, just like I have seen in every single video about it.

Has anyone else seen the same thing? 

I have the other two UCS X-Wings and neither of their wings droop as much.

Yes, it looks really poor supposedly they are making a supplemental fix kit like Walle. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

are you serious Clark ? lol

Yes, David who is actually paid by lego mentions it in his review. That he contacted lego and a fix is being worked on. I am holding off on picking this set up for personal until I hear what Jang has to say. 

• Like 1

I couldn't believe how much the wings droop on the display set.  You don't really see it until you look straight down the body.  I like the lines of the body but those wings are a show-stopper for me right now.  I hope they come up with something useful and not ugly.

• Like 2