Star Wars 2023

brickvoyeur

17 hours ago, gmpirate said:

But the trade dispute was just a distraction.  Get people quarreling with each other while a true ultimate power is really emerging.  Get people so enraged and distressed that they give up their freedoms for a savior -- so they thought.  It's really just the history of our own world.  "So this is how democracy falls, to thunderous applause".

I understand the underlying plot dynamics and why he wrote the story the way that he wrote it, but it was just such a disappointingly dull setup for the continuation of the seminal sci-fi franchise.  The rest of all the political stuff ended up being stilted and pedantic.  At the end of the day, many of the major inflection points in the plot came across to me as clunky, awkward, and contrived.  I still liked the movies, but they could have been a whole lot better.

The prequels suck. I said it. How brave. (Yeah, there were some good scenes. Its hard not to have some in like 8-9 hours of screen time.)
Time hasn't made them any more tolerable. I think the complete suckness of the sequels are making the prequels look better. 🙃

On 8/26/2022 at 6:13 PM, KvHulk said:

The prequels suck. I said it. How brave. (Yeah, there were some good scenes. Its hard not to have some in like 8-9 hours of screen time.)
Time hasn't made them any more tolerable. I think the complete suckness of the sequels are making the prequels look better. 🙃

Phantom Menace was utter shite. 2 and 3 were OK and The Clone Wars cartoon was great.

The sequel trilogy is beyond redemption. The Rise of Skywalker was the culmination of three films in which the plot lines were written out on the back of a *** packet half an hour before filming started then changed repetedly as filming progressed.

Edit: seems like British slang for cigarette is blocked by the swear filter.

Edited by CsabaLazlo

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

This is at least one year too late.  Such a shame.  I might have paid $530 for it, with a GWP.  But $600 and no GWP... pass.

Never understood the decision to blow RC up.  It could have easily been the MILF for this generation, easy $$ for Disney for years to come.

This was how I knew Disney was on the downturn.  They could not even understand the simplest concept of TV shows as advertisements for their merch.

• Like 4

It's odd to me in these tightening financial times that lego is still releasing such oversized, difficult to display and expensive sets when that target demographic must be shrinking. Surely there would have been a bigger market for a £150 to £250 scale UCS Razor Crest set? Especially as Disney blew it up as has been mentioned already. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Graphicski said:

It's odd to me in these tightening financial times that lego is still releasing such oversized, difficult to display and expensive sets when that target demographic must be shrinking. Surely there would have been a bigger market for a £150 to £250 scale UCS Razor Crest set? Especially as Disney blew it up as has been mentioned already. 

This set probably went into planning phase as soon as LEGO saw Mando season one was a hit (Dec 2019).  Planning most likely continued during the pandemic, when they probably weren't able to work on it properly, but LEGO was selling like solid gold hot cakes so of course they wanted it ASAP.  So planning to production in 2.5 years  sounds pretty fast.  However, about the time the set most likely went into production is when things started getting tight for people.  I know my buying has slowed down considerably over the past year.

Considering how many LARGE and expesive sets LEGO has come out with in the past year (many of which I want but can't afford,) I'm betting they are going to end up sitting on a lot of LARGE inventory for the foreseeable future.  Could that mean sales like Camp Nou?  IDK  But I'm not sure I can afford them even with sales.  *sigh*

Edited by exracer327

I need to see it beside the earlier version - it only looks slightly larger. The 75292 version barely fits in my IKEA glass cabinet, I'm not looking for something that is needed a large space and not offering much more.

Don't get me wrong, the interior of this version looks great but how many people display their UCS ships in pieces to look inside. my falcon is all buttoned up...

I want it but don't know if I will really buy it now that we have seen it.

17 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Why do you say that? It will likely go on sale for $50 or $60. Isn't trouble on tatooine a Walmart exclusive? 

My interterpatation was that if Walmart is taking the trouble to release a brand new 3 in 1 set on October, Just 3 months before retirement date of these 3 sets - that cant bode well for post retirement availability. Why would they create a brand new set if its 3/4's out the door already. So it would seem like Walmart may be pulling an amazon with these sets......

17 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Why do you say that? It will likely go on sale for $50 or $60. Isn't trouble on tatooine a Walmart exclusive? 

My interterpatation was that if Walmart is taking the trouble to release a brand new 3 in 1 set on October, Just 3 months before retirement date of these 3 sets - that cant bode well for post retirement availability. Why would they create a brand new set if its 3/4's out the door already. So it would seem like Walmart may be pulling an amazon with these sets......

Looks to me like Walmart wants some Exclusive items / bundles for the holidays.  My guess is that they ask Lego for an Exclusive Star Wars multipack and this is what Lego choose, probably because they are slow movers.  I agree that these are likely over-produced and will probably stick around for a while.