Craigslist war stories

tonysbricks

I think this is going to be the first time I've ever ran out of "likes"!

That's the story of my life.  Desktop, I'm always running out, and usually it's just after midnight eastern that I run out.

I usually only like from my mobile, because my likes are unlimited on there.

• Like 1

That's the story of my life. Desktop, I'm always running out, and usually it's just after midnight eastern that I run out.

I usually only like from my mobile, because my likes are unlimited on there.

Oh good to know. Im at work now and literally use my mobile 99% of the time. I'm rarely on my PC at home.

"Likes" for everyone!

love audis. Had a 99 tt neiman marcus edition numbered 64/100. Switched out the 180hp turbo with the 225hp off newer models. Apr chip, remus exhaust, and water injection kit. Boosted at 29psi. When i sold it a guy had been looking for one and on the test drive he says i take it this is not stock. Bought it on the spot.

Next up was a trailblazer ss. That was a fun project.

All day long I've been reading about dolls and makeup from raven and now I see this post.  Now I'm really confused!

arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg

All day long I've been reading about dolls and makeup from raven and now I see this post.  Now I'm really confused!

And now I'm really scarred

I like to throw a curveball here and there. Keep you guessing.

Figured a car junkie post would throw you off my trail

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up this small vintage lot today off CL from an extremely nice older couple that were preparing to move.

I paid $70 (didn't really haggle).  There are some pretty cool classic space, pirates & castle within.   I'm not expecting to make much from it, as I think I'll sell off enough to recoup the purchase price and hang onto the cool stuff for my daughters.   This batch is fun to pick through and find the nostalgic minifigs & parts that I played with as a kid.

Lego%20Buy%20-%203-25-15%20-%2070_zpsv7z

Lego%20Buy%20-%203-25-15%20-%2070%203_zp

Lego%20Buy%20-%203-25-15%20-%2070%202_zp

Edited by Victorymike18

• 2 weeks later...

Wife went to go pickup a smallish star wars and castle craigslist lot. The sellers were so happy they were selling to a nice family (my kids are awesome) that they gave her a $160 telescope for free and tried to give her some bookcases for free but she didn't have the room. Some people really are just good.

• Like 2

I picked up a mostly complete Horizon Express for $90 and I paid to ship it (so $109 total). I kept $100 in power functions and sold the train back at $80us after fees. Pretty good 48 hour flip and I needed the power functions for other trains so everyone wins.

Ex astris, scientia.

• 1 month later...

Maybe granny owns a 21103 ? For $1ofc ;) 

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/5032909631.html

check out this collection this guy is selling!  he has 3 sets of 21103, and 2 of them are new!  I tried to offer him $3K and $5K for the whole collection, and he was offended and won't talk to me anymore.  clearly I'm looking for deals.  I have a friend with 250 sets that was going to go half in with me, and we'd take what we want and piece out the rest to recoup most of our money.  I wouldn't offer him $1 lol!

check out this collection this guy is selling!  he has 3 sets of 21103, and 2 of them are new!  I tried to offer him $3K and $5K for the whole collection, and he was offended and won't talk to me anymore.  clearly I'm looking for deals.  I have a friend with 250 sets that was going to go half in with me, and we'd take what we want and piece out the rest to recoup most of our money.  I wouldn't offer him $1 lol!

The adverts says he was not going to sell at reseller prices. No wonder he is crossed with you "reseller" :)

The adverts says he was not going to sell at reseller prices. No wonder he is crossed with you "reseller" :)

​well if I had got them for reseller prices, I wouldn't have to resell them to recoup some of the money.  I probably would have hung on to the collection minus the dupes that he has.

So he won't say what price he wants, it just has to be over $1000 and you have to guess. If you guess 5x that amount he is offended and won't talk to you again. You were supposed to read his mind and offer him the price he wants instead of him, you know, just asking what he wants. No wonder this guy is a failure at lego reselling and has to dump his entire lot at once.

• Like 3

So he won't say what price he wants, it just has to be over $1000 and you have to guess. If you guess 5x that amount he is offended and won't talk to you again. You were supposed to read his mind and offer him the price he wants instead of him, you know, just asking what he wants. No wonder this guy is a failure at lego reselling and has to dump his entire lot at once.

​he said he needs the money, but apparently he doesn't need the money that bad.  he said he spent about $12,000 on the collection, so maybe he's looking for $8-10K.  he'll be waiting for a while.

​he said he needs the money, but apparently he doesn't need the money that bad.  he said he spent about $12,000 on the collection, so maybe he's looking for $8-10K.  he'll be waiting for a while.

​That post has been up for at least 3 months 

If that list of sets is his investment strategy, then he doesn't know how to play the game.

​yeah, it seems like he is a collector that is in a pinch to come up with some money.  don't like to see anyone in that position, but if he can turn down $5K then I guess it's not that tight of a pinch...

From the ad: I am selling my Legos I will not let them go for reseller prices. All of the sets are complete with mini figures, instructions and boxes. Some of the sets are new and new sets get added every week. Below is a list of what's available. If you are interested in the sets please email,text or call me at show contact info to make offer. But will not sell for a few hundred or $1,000 Will sell one at a time or all together Please research before you make offer. I really don't want to sell any of it, but circumstances require it.

He says "new sets get added every week" & "I really don't want to sell any of it, but circumstances require it."

I'm thinking maybe stop adding every week...

There was a listing this weekend in San Diego area for Legos.  One of the pictures included the Green Grocer.  When I emailed her how much, she replied her son wanted $100 (no box or manual and includes only one minifig but otherwise structure complete.  Before I dropped everything to drive over there, I do have a family with three kids and the San Diego was 1.5 hours for me (3 hours roundtrip).  I asked if she might hold it until Sunday afternoon.  Nevertheless, it was sold the next morning.  There are deals to be had, you just have to look closely at all the pictures.  There might be a diamond in there and if you are close enough.

I also missed one last year on CL also in San Diego, Grand Carousel for $750 open box sealed bags but missing the green base plate.  The lady asked if I can go there immediately, again, I asked to wait until next morning.  Again, it was sold. 

I should stop checking CL in San Diego but there are not too many bargain in LA or Orange County areas.